Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Why I Think Lebo Should Stay - THREAD HIJACKED TO TALK FOOTBALL RECRUITING

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Lebo should stay
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2010, 12:37:16 AM »
That's reality. The most 5 stars in Auburn history is 3? I'll have to do a little digging on that one. If that's true, damn.
First of all, we have two more very likely coming down the pipeline.

Secondly, you say that as if one class with three 5-stars is unimpressive. They don't hand them out like free candy, in case you didn't know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2010, 08:13:52 AM »
First of all, we have two more very likely coming down the pipeline.

Secondly, you say that as if one class with three 5-stars is unimpressive. They don't hand them out like free candy, in case you didn't know.

Jeffrey Lee thanks you for spreading his propaganda. If Auburn gets two more, that's impressive. If they don't, three isn't bad. I never said that.

I also don't believe one class with three five-stars equates to immediate national championship contender. You do. Fine. We disagree. I'm done arguing with you about football here or anywhere else. You and I don't see eye to eye. You were right about the ranking. Enjoy your steak.

Finally, this thread is about BASKETBALL and JEFF LEBO. He won 24 games last year! So, it's a little down. It's hard to reload when you play in a bad facility. Give him two years in the new place. If it doesn't improve, then it's time to change. Until then, give him the same measure of chance you gave a 5-19 football coach.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 08:56:40 AM by Mr. Cynical »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2010, 09:54:00 AM »
Jeffrey Lee thanks you for spreading his propaganda. If Auburn gets two more, that's impressive. If they don't, three isn't bad. I never said that.

I also don't believe one class with three five-stars equates to immediate national championship contender. You do. Fine. We disagree. I'm done arguing with you about football here or anywhere else. You and I don't see eye to eye. You were right about the ranking. Enjoy your steak.

Finally, this thread is about BASKETBALL and JEFF LEBO. He won 24 games last year! So, it's a little down. It's hard to reload when you play in a bad facility. Give him two years in the new place. If it doesn't improve, then it's time to change. Until then, give him the same measure of chance you gave a 5-19 football coach.
We'll stick to your ignorance in the arena of basketball then.

Cliff Ellis was the previous Auburn basketball coach. He was there from 1994-5 season to the 2003-4 season. An even ten years.

In that time, Ellis got us in the NIT four times and the NCAA tournament three times. Of those three, he got us to the second round once, and to the sweet 16 the other two times. He went 29-4 and won an SEC championship in 1999.

He was fired for not getting us even to the NIT two of his last three years (amongst other things, admittedly, similar to Tuberville's last days). He made it to the Sweet 16 the year between those two bad years.

In contrast, Lebo  got us to the NIT for the first time in his Auburn career, five years in. Zero NCAA appearances. We've been 5th or 6th in the West every year but two (last year, of course being our best placing). This year is shaping up to be our worst. If we had done even halfway decent this year, it could be forgivable and one might come to the conclusion that while this season was a step back, the overall momentum is heading in the right direction. This display of suckage is evidence that last year was indeed the anomaly. And when one NIT appearance is your peak, then it's obvious, you're not going to get it done.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 03:09:48 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Why I Think Lebo Should Stay - THREAD HIJACKED TO TALK FOOTBALL RECRUITING
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2010, 09:59:58 AM »
Luckily Saturday i will have enough bourbon in me to ease the pain.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2010, 11:21:25 AM »
As will I sir, as will I.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2010, 03:07:05 PM »

In contrast, Lebo  got us to the NIT for the first time in his Auburn career, five years in. Zero NCAA appearances. We've been 5th or 6th in the West every year but two (last year, of course being our best placing). This year is shaping up to be our worst. If we had done even halfway decent this year, it could be forgivable and one might come to the conclusion that while this season was a step back, the overall momentum is heading in the right direction. This display of suckage is evidence that last year was indeed the anomaly. And when one NIT appearance is your peak, then it's obvious, you're not going to get it done.

THIS.....

yes - last year WAS an anomaly. Its pretty damned apparent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2010, 03:08:41 PM »

I'm gonna be throwing stuff on the court if the Tigers don't win.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2010, 03:11:49 PM »

Take a lot of stuff then.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2010, 03:16:15 PM »
Take a lot of stuff then.

I think this is the stuff he was talking about.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2010, 03:37:13 PM »
If you throw something on the court, you will face the "I'm driving us home penalty"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2010, 03:43:17 PM »
If you throw something on the court, you will face the "I'm driving us home penalty"
Nevermind then.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2010, 08:47:01 PM »
Working in Monkeytown today. Heard a little of Josh Moon.  His take on Lebo makes sense.

X's and O's Lebo is an excellent coach. Probably upper half of the SEC.

But he comes from the Carolina mentality where good kids line up to play. At a D2 or lower tier school where talent is relatively equal to competition he can thrive.   

Personality-wise? He's a dead fish. Lebo does not give the first shit about recruiting. Following NC traditon, we allegedly have a recruiting assistant assigned to the New York playgrounds --'despite the fact we've never pulled a soul from there.  He has no interest in reaching out to prep
coaches and puts little effort into the process. I know I've worked the HS final four several times and never saw him. Gottfried, Ciampi and others? Yeah.

I don't entirely buy the X and O argument but I do think he is better than we show. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jadennis

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2010, 10:59:50 PM »
this is all likely right on.  But you know what?  Itls not really important that we ever figure it out about Lebo.  It only matters that he HASN't figured it out.  It is what it is.  No matter the cause, the pluses verse the minuses, etc.  The fact (and I know you know this), is that Lebow doesn't work at Auburn.  Simple as that.  It just doesn't work.  Whatever his combination of strengths and weaknesses, they haven't improved the program.  At all.  

Tubby Smith didn't need facilities to win at Georgia.  Ellis didn't have any here.  And has the SEC ever been more mediocre than the years that Lebo has been here?   Sensi, I simply can't grasp how you can think he deserves more time.  Facilities are not going to solve this.  Billie Gillispie won big at Texas A&M with worse facilities and history than Auburn has.  Then he go to Kentucky where he had it all and failed.  He simply didn't work there (with facilities), yet he won at A&M (with nothing). Calipari comes in....undefeated.

Lebow has had a chance to show he can atleast improve on what he found.  He hasn't.  Why waste the new builing on him?  Let a fresh guy come in and sell it.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 11:04:59 PM by jadennis »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2010, 11:20:43 PM »
this is all likely right on.  But you know what?  Itls not really important that we ever figure it out about Lebo.  It only matters that he HASN't figured it out.  It is what it is.  No matter the cause, the pluses verse the minuses, etc.  The fact (and I know you know this), is that Lebow doesn't work at Auburn.  Simple as that.  It just doesn't work.  Whatever his combination of strengths and weaknesses, they haven't improved the program.  At all.  

Tubby Smith didn't need facilities to win at Georgia.  Ellis didn't have any here.  And has the SEC ever been more mediocre than the years that Lebo has been here?   Sensi, I simply can't grasp how you can think he deserves more time.  Facilities are not going to solve this.  Billie Gillispie won big at Texas A&M with worse facilities and history than Auburn has.  Then he go to Kentucky where he had it all and failed.  He simply didn't work there (with facilities), yet he won at A&M (with nothing). Calipari comes in....undefeated.

Lebow has had a chance to show he can atleast improve on what he found.  He hasn't.  Why waste the new builing on him?  Let a fresh guy come in and sell it.

Oh, I wasn't selling him.  I wanted to burn down his house four years ago. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2010, 10:24:27 AM »
Working in Monkeytown today. Heard a little of Josh Moon.
What station does he come on there? I may start tuning into that on my Wunderradio app. Finedong has gone from funny by how biased he is and how ignorant the callers are, to completely intolerable.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2010, 10:50:44 AM »
All I know is 740 AM
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2010, 11:16:07 AM »
All I know is 740 AM
Got it. WMSP-AM SportsRadio 740.

Colin Cowherd is on now though... :rolleyes:

When do the local guys come on?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2010, 11:50:49 AM »
Got it. WMSP-AM SportsRadio 740.

Colin Cowherd is on now though... :rolleyes:

When do the local guys come on?

Moon and Amos are on 12 pm-2pm. Then Finebaum.

The morning show is 7 am-10 am on that station.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2010, 08:52:06 AM »
Now I'm real proud you all showed up ready to support your team. There are refreshments at the door and indoor facilities should you feel the need. And please mind your torches around small children and always walk with your pitchforks in a vertical or upright position. And please, act like you've done this before for God's sake. No coolers!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2010, 09:33:52 AM »
Another good first half, with a craptastic second half showing. WTF?

I listened to the beginning of the game. We went up 11-4 right off the bat. Once again we led at the half and end up losing by double digits.

The mullets will be unbearable this weekend. I simply must get obnoxiously drunk.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions