Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Who do you think will be starting QB next season? (Can vote for more than one)

Mr. Sensible

Explain your vote here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

In.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
I would be pretty surprised if Newton doesn't come in and push hard for the starting role.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Token

I would be pretty surprised if Newton doesn't come in and push hard for the starting roll.

Buttered?  Because if it's not buttered, it ain't worth a damn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption

Way to role with the punches, Token.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Are you SURE you are a bammer?  REALLY sure? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
Cameron Newton, definitely.  I just don't know if we have anyone as mature of a QB, plus he is athletic as any of the others, and he has SEC game experience.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
Newton.

Why allow more than 1 vote? How can you think 2 different people will be the starter next year?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

Are you SURE you are a bammer?  REALLY sure? 

Token does possess a certain Auburn quality about him. He might be a double naught spy.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mr. Sensible

Newton.

Why allow more than 1 vote? How can you think 2 different people will be the starter next year?

See 2008.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
See 2008.
I don't see that happening, but in light of recent developments that TR qualified, I think he's our #2 guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
I don't see that happening, but in light of recent developments that TR qualified, I think he's our #2 guy.
He didn't qualify, more like he was given a second chance and taken off suspension.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

jadennis

I think that signing a JUCO QB says the coaches expect that he will start.  If they expect it, I don't know why I wouldn't expect it also.

Not that they are handing it to him no matter what, but they know what we have on the roster right now way better than we do, and they know what they see in Newton. 

Unless something completely out of the blue happens, I think Newton will start.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
I said Newton.  Why the hell would he sign with us instead of MSU if he wasn't pretty sure he would be the starter?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

With that many QBs, you must have a pretty good idea that the guy meets your needs and you intend to play him. Not saying there won't be competition, but Newton will have every opportunity to lose it.
And I have no doubt that Malzahn will play our best guy available. A few will drop off naturally.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
I voted Cam Newton because he was first on the list....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Cam Newton. 

Because we have to.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Cam Newton. What kind of dumbarse poll is this anyway. By the way, Token you would be the only bammer we would except as an Auburn fan. PM me if you would like. I have a very similar story as yourself, so its ok. By the, there is a reason why Auburn recruits feels more a part of family as anywhere else, so should you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

You don't bring in a JC guy to "compete" with guys that have been in the program since day one, paying their dues, even if it's a Fr. like Rollison.  It's a recipe for disaster due to poor attitudes...UNLESS...you have an immediate need, AND the guy you bring in is expected to be the guy., AND nobody else had it in their mind that they were the heir apparent, and it was written in stone.  You never pass on a guy like Newton and his POTENTIAL (make sure you understand that word) at a position like QB.  You can mask lots of weaknesses, but not at QB, and so many don't pan out as they step up a level.  Cam will get the majority of the initial looks, and it will be his job to lose.  Bless Caudle's pea pickin' heart, he's a good Auburn guy, but it just wasn't meant to be for him.  Rollision?  Will he get DeRon Furr syndrome, or sit patiently and back up Cam and wait his turn...will he even survive college life and remain on the team?  Trotter?  The next Neil Caudle!  The other scrubs won't ever play any meaningful role as backups or even push for time.  
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 05:14:26 PM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Caudle will start with Newton coming in frequently as the wildcat. About three games into the season, Newton may have a chance to take over. It may take him more time to grasp the complete offense. I think Caudle has a leg up right now. But then again, 2010 is a ways away.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.