Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Slow Day: Bleacher Report Post

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Slow Day: Bleacher Report Post
« on: January 21, 2010, 10:54:57 AM »
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/329947-auburn-football-gene-chizik-has-tigers-reaching-for-recruting-stars

Featured Columnist
Auburn Football: Gene Chizik has Tigers Reaching for Recruiting Stars

by Tiger Histalmos

Written on January 21, 2010

TAMPA, FL - JANUARY 1: Coach Gene Chizik of the Auburn Tigers moves players from the field before overtime against the Northwestern Wildcats in the Outback Bowl January 1, 2010 at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida. (Photo by Al Messerschmidt/Getty Images) Al Messerschmidt/Getty Images

Take a look at the recruiting websites and tell me what you see.  One can see the usual suspects of Florida, Alabama, Texas, and Auburn. Wait, Auburn?

Didn't they go 8-5 this past season?

Didn't they finish in the middle of the pack in the SEC?

Didn't Alabama win the national title and assume all prospects to play for the Crimson Tide?

If you really believe that matters to the coaching staff, then maybe someone should tell them.

Otherwise, look at what is already here and could be coming to Auburn.  Cam Newton, a consensus No.1 JUCO quarterback, Brandon Mosley, a tight end, and Roszell Gayden, an offensive lineman, are attending classes now.

Eric Mack, No. 6 for Rivals, just verbally committed to the Tigers.  Michael Dyer, No. 2 for running backs on Rivals, and Shon Coleman, No. 10 for offensive tackle on Rivals, leads a star-studded, pun intended, recruiting class amongst the best in the nation.

More recruits are quietly committed to the Tigers while Chizik and his staff are going after the top recruits that are still out there.

They are getting linebackers that will immediately fill the void come next season.  They are getting offensive lineman to fill a huge void after the 2010 season.  Running back U will be living up to its namesake with Dyer, and possibly running backs Marcus Lattimore, No. 1 for RBs on Rivals, and Lache Seastrunk, No. 3 for RBs on Rivals, hopping to Auburn as well.

Now, for the record, recruiting does not get me too terribly excited.  It is my firm belief that it takes a great coaching staff to mold these kids into men of the gridiron.

I also believe that it takes raw talent to get to the level that these kids dream of every day.

For the record, maybe someone on the Plains should send Lane Kiffin a thank you note.

Maybe someone should tell Chizik that you just can't recruit the big names to a small college town like Auburn.

Maybe, just maybe.

I know.  Maybe those that can't understand Auburn's success should listen and listen well.

In the vast majority of players that have verbally committed and have already started classes with the Tigers, you hear the same theme over and over.

Family.

That sounds familiar to Auburn fans doesn't it?

Chizik and his staff are doing their job.  They get these kids excited about coming to Auburn.  I haven't seen this much energy and enthusiasm in recruits for a long time.

Granted, signing day is two weeks away from today.  There is still much to be gained and or lost.

Chizik and his staff look to finish strong in these next couple of weeks.  In my book, Chizik has already exceeded expectations on the field for their first season. He and his staff are exceeding expectations on the recruiting trail.

I was wrong when I said the sky is the limit for the Tigers.

It seems their limit is only in the stars.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
Re: Slow Day: Bleacher Report Post
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 11:22:39 AM »
Last two lines of the post = gay.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 11:44:39 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 11:48:26 AM »
Actually, for some reason, this one is funnier to me.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Come Honor Face

• Are you serious??
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 12:32:38 PM »
reach for it