Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Droid apps that you like.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Droid apps that you like.
« on: January 06, 2010, 07:58:32 AM »
These are the best ones I have found thus far.

Shazam - identifies whatever song is playing by title and artist

Shopsavvy - scan a bar code with the camera and it checks for the lowest available price of that item locally and online.

Advanced Task Killer - A must for prolonging battery life.  Shuts down all apps running in the background and eating battery resources.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Droid apps that you like.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 09:45:46 AM »
These are the best ones I have found thus far.

Shazam - identifies whatever song is playing by title and artist

Shopsavvy - scan a bar code with the camera and it checks for the lowest available price of that item locally and online.

Advanced Task Killer - A must for prolonging battery life.  Shuts down all apps running in the background and eating battery resources.

Welcome to 3 years ago...your gheeeeeeey
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 09:53:23 AM »
I like the Echophon the App for Twitter.
The Wunder Radio App you listen to any radio station in the country.
Pandora Internet radio
eBay's app is a great time killer.
Amazon's app kicks ass
Paypal's app let's you send money from your phone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 10:06:33 AM »
Welcome to 3 years ago...your gheeeeeeey

i was going to start another thread for apps for the "apple product" but decided to not soil my keyboard by typing it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 01:15:22 PM »
i was going to start another thread for apps for the "apple product" but decided to not soil my keyboard by typing it.

Apple IS GHEY
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 01:16:54 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 02:06:59 PM »
I guess I don't get the whole fanboy thing.  All of my computers are PC...I know them, I know how to use them, I know how to build them, and I know how to fix them.  I don't like using Macs.

Apple makes good products though to, Iphone is by far the best gadget I have ever purchased.  I have an ipod and an AppleTV and they are all easy to use and work well together.  Plus they rock the casbah, I basically have a home theatre system with my apple TV for about 7300 dollars less.

Apple gets theres...Microsoft get theres... I dont get the hostility.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 02:09:31 PM »
I guess I don't get the whole fanboy thing.  All of my computers are PC...I know them, I know how to use them, I know how to build them, and I know how to fix them.  I don't like using Macs.

Apple makes good products though to, Iphone is by far the best gadget I have ever purchased.  I have an ipod and an AppleTV and they are all easy to use and work well together.  Plus they rock the casbah, I basically have a home theatre system with my apple TV for about 7300 dollars less.

We have had this discussion over many beers.  I will go there again if I must.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 02:54:18 PM »

I own one PC.....I keep it up to date with anti-virus/spyware and I have no issues with it.  It's true that there are just some things that I can't do on a Mac, but I wouldn't trade any of my Macs for a PC.  I have two PowerMacs and one Powerbook.  It's preference to me and what you cut your teeth on.  When I started my job, I knew a lot more about LINUX/UNIX than I did MSWindows.  I was in college, couldn't afford shit, someone gave me an old AMD box.  I couldn't afford a copy of Windows.  I could afford a free download of RedHat.  Therefore that is what I used and I had to learn how to make stuff work.  It took a lot of searching on teh ebays and trial and error, but it taught me enough skills to land my job.   

Plus we are a Certified Apple Workshop (part of the contract requirements) and I am certified to tear apart and fix anything that has the Apple logo on it and have the tool kits to do it.  I can bring in my stuff from home and fix it here at work and get a discount on parts.  I guess I like them b/c that is what we work with primarily.  We have clusters that are X86 based and IBM's but it seems like our Apple hardware is the most solid and gives us less trouble than the others.

One a side note:  My PC dual boots Ubuntu/Windows, partition magic is the shit. I mostly boot Linux as I have to login from home and it's just easier to set up a machine with Linux than it is to use putty.  Putty sucks hairy nuts! One Mac boots Yellow Dog Linux (file server) and Apple TV is pretty damn sweet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2010, 02:59:51 PM »
Oh, if truly given a choice, give me an Athlon box and let me run a free version of Linux....I hate having to pay for software!

I take back what I said earlier.  The most stable system we have is a 32 Quad Core Opteron cluster running SuSe.  Of course on scale no better than our 3000 CPU Apple system.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2010, 09:45:12 AM »
Oh, if truly given a choice, give me an Athlon box and let me run a free version of Linux....I hate having to pay for software!

I take back what I said earlier.  The most stable system we have is a 32 Quad Core Opteron cluster running SuSe.  Of course on scale no better than our 3000 CPU Apple system.

Choice C: Linux

THIS man knows. I run Ubuntu on my Dell  Desktop and Windows on my laptop. No problems with either. As you said keep it up to date with GOOD antivirus SW and a PC will have no issues. Personally, I use Kapersky. Ive used MacAfee and Norton and they were both crap and cumbersome.

As for the hostility - I do believe the Mac folks were the ones who kinda initiated that poop. Why Mac folks would have a superiority complex when their SW is compatible with almost nothing pertinent in the workplace and just as susceptible to viruses, is beyond me.

Yes, putty does sucks nuts, but its freeware - what do you expect. Try SecureCRT or UltraVNC. Much better....
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 09:46:38 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2010, 11:40:00 AM »

I take back what I said earlier.  The most stable system we have is a 32 Quad Core Opteron cluster running SuSe.  Of course on scale no better than our 3000 CPU Apple system.
Who pays for software?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2010, 08:09:15 AM »
For anyone who needs conversions on a regular basis "g -Unit"  is a very solid free app.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2010, 01:05:22 PM »
For anyone who needs conversions on a regular basis "g -Unit"  is a very solid free app.
What does that app do?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2010, 01:07:32 PM »
What does that app do?

Backs up fiddy cent in concert, yo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2010, 01:13:42 PM »
What does that app do?

Gunit is just the name of the program.  The app is just a conversion program for energy, distance, volume, etc.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2010, 01:18:08 PM »
The only thing Jumbo measures is his dick and that hasn't changed in size since he was 5 months old.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 01:50:58 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2010, 01:36:53 PM »
The only thing Jumbo measures is his dick and that hasn't changed in size since he was 5 months old.

I think you fucked that one up...

Good One!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 01:51:36 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2010, 01:51:54 PM »
I don't know what you are talking about.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2010, 08:58:38 AM »
Smart Vibrator

If there has been one major complaint I have had in switching from the a blackberry to the htc Hero it has been that the vibration it produces for incoming calls was too weak.  Go to marketplace and download this app.  It allows you to customize the vibration ring pattern for calls, texts, emails.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions