Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Terrence Cody

jadennis

Re: Terrence Cody
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2010, 12:08:20 PM »
My point was simple, and valid. The piece by the NYT times was stupid because it simply revealed what EVERY major football school does. Pointing out Sociology-gate wasn't so much meant to say something negative about AU, it was more so about reminding somebody that football players aren't scholars, and not all of AU's players are all that bright either. Schools put their players in bullpoop classes to keep them eligible. Everything that AU did was legal.

Cody is in a bullpoop class, because obviously, the man isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, and we want him to play football. No different than anybody else, and I don't have an issue with that. For that matter, I'm of the opinion that thinks college players should get paid something for the millions of dollars that they help the programs profit.

RWS, after reading Kaos' post, please, please tell me you forgot to add this to the end of your post... :sarcasm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2010, 12:50:21 PM »
RWS, after reading Kaos' post, please, please tell me you forgot to add this to the end of your post... :sarcasm:

THIS    :pwnd:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2010, 08:21:34 PM »
For that matter, I'm of the opinion that thinks college players should get paid something for the millions of dollars that they help the programs profit.
So...$250,000 sound 'bout right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2010, 10:15:57 PM »
So...$250,000 sound 'bout right?
Yes, if they're paying by the pound, based on $200k for Means, but that also doesn't figure inflation
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2010, 08:45:39 AM »

History repeats itself, only this time it really is larger than life.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions