Terrence Cody

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Terrence Cody
« on: December 30, 2009, 11:52:58 AM »
Ten parts hype, one part substance. 

Read this if you need to throw up. 

http://blog.al.com/press-register-sports/2009/12/legend_of_alabamas_terrence_co.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Re: Terrence Cody
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 11:57:11 AM »
He is definitely overhyped as a legendary football player. 

However, I can't say he isn't good.  He does exactly what he's supposed to do.  He stuffs the middle of the line by using his tub-of-lard body to fill two gaps at once.  This enables the more athletic linebackers and d-ends to make plays against the run.  He's no Suh or Gerald McCoy, but he does his job very well. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 12:00:06 PM »
He is definitely overhyped as a legendary football player. 

However, I can't say he isn't good.  He does exactly what he's supposed to do.  He stuffs the middle of the line by using his tub-of-lard body to fill two gaps at once.  This enables the more athletic linebackers and d-ends to make plays against the run.  He's no Suh or Gerald McCoy, but he does his job very well. 

Same concept as sticking a 500 lb sumo wrestler in the goal at a hockey game. 

Cody is a big tub of shit. 

Texas is mocking him IMO.  Of all the weapons Alabama has on defense, that bucket of lard is the least of their concerns.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 12:05:07 PM »
That is pretty irritating.  I mean, I like the kid fine, but articles like that are so annoying...especially the "legendary feats" kind of crap.  

Okay, he technically blocked the field goal...but let's be honest, all five feet of Saban, sitting in a wheel chair, could have blocked that kick.  The Tennessee kicker was kicking the ball straight into the line.  If it hadn't hit Cody it would have hit the back judge standing behind the line.   Yet his legend had grown because the ball hit him in the arm pit.  

Okay, whatever.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

jadennis

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 12:10:06 PM »
Same concept as sticking a 500 lb sumo wrestler in the goal at a hockey game. 

Cody is a big tub of poop. 

Texas is mocking him IMO.  Of all the weapons Alabama has on defense, that bucket of lard is the least of their concerns.

He is good, but I agree, I don't think Texas is worried specifically about him.  They don't run the ball well anyway, and Alabama isn't a sack machine. 

I think if they are worried about anything on the Alabama defense (specifically), it's their secondary and pass defense that has 20 picks on the year and is #1 in the country in pass defense efficiency.  Since Texas relies so much on McCoy, that pass defense is cause for concern.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 12:31:36 PM »
I think if they are worried about anything on the Alabama defense (specifically), it's their secondary and pass defense that has 20 picks on the year and is #1 in the country in pass defense efficiency.  Since Texas relies so much on McCoy, that pass defense is cause for concern.
Heard this almost verbatim from some Longhorn folks recently.  Colt will have to be very accurate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 12:34:19 PM »
Colt is very accurate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2009, 12:47:10 PM »
Colt is very accurate.

I think 70% accurate over the course of his career.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2009, 12:51:12 PM »
I think 70% accurate over the course of his career.

That's pretty good in any regard, let alone when he has no running game, or backs to respect.  Didn't McCoy lead Texas last year in rushing yards? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2009, 01:02:46 PM »
Terrence Cody will go down in Alabama history for what he did against Tennessee, much in the same way Van Tiffin went down in Alabama history for what he did against Auburn.  Berry Krauss against Penn State... etc. etc.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2009, 01:04:31 PM »
Cody or not, Texas beats the snot out of the Bammers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2009, 01:05:12 PM »
Terrence Cody will go down in Alabama history for what he did against Tennessee, much in the same way Van Tiffin went down in Alabama history for what he did against Auburn.  Berry Krauss against Penn State... etc. etc.

I'm sure there will be a painting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2009, 01:19:19 PM »
Speaking of paintings, my step brother bought one of the newest Daniel Moore paintings right before Christmas.  He decided that he just had to show me his new pic and start asking how many paintings of great Auburn plays there were.  I then asked him if he was gonna buy the next Moore painting of saban taking a shit.  He was confused as to why I would ask that, so I pointed out that Moore is a very rich man because he can take one simple play from any damn bama game and sell it to poor bastards like himself.  He didn't say anything else about his painting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2009, 01:19:45 PM »
I'm sure there will be a painting.

I'd say that there's already one in the works but... you already knew that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2009, 02:09:27 PM »
Cody is 1 dimensional above everything else. He just clogs the hole. He doesnt even PLAY on pass plays. He would have a heart attack if he played more than 45 snaps.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2009, 02:42:59 PM »
I'd say that there's already one in the works but... you already knew that.
I believe it's titled Pit Stains
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jadennis

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2009, 02:50:01 PM »
Texas should maybe run some hurry-up so Alabama can't make the substitutions.  I think Saban said Cody has to be under 365 or something in order play 3rd downs (or passing situations).  Should try to run the ball following pass plays and try to do it quickly so Cody doesn't have time to roll out there.

Colt is accurate, but they just don't have quite the play-makers they've had before (at least not consistently).  Shipley is the man, but beyond him, you just never know what you'll get at the WR position.  They are deep, but that has almost hurt them because no one has really stepped up to join Shipley.

Texas signed 7 running backs in the 07 and 08 classes, 5 of which were 5.8 or higher on Rivals...how is it that Texas can bring in 7 backs, none of whom can run the ball better than McCoy?  If they lose this game, it will be because those 7 guys were a group "bust".
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 02:51:27 PM by jadennis »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

- Reggie Torbor

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2009, 03:08:12 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2009, 03:21:53 PM »
He doesnt even PLAY on pass plays.
Somebody doesn't watch much. Especially the SECCG.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2009, 04:11:16 PM »
Somebody doesn't watch much. Especially the SECCG.

When he is in on passing downs...like the SECCG he runs after the QB, but never catches them. 

He is good at doing what he does.  He fills the middle.  Nothing more noting less.  CBS made him bigger than life last year when he was put in on goal line situations.  Add the blocks against Tenn (which have been well documented in this thread) and you get an over hyped TV character.  He is a lot like William Perry.  Perry was an average at best pro, but got a ton of pub because of his size and goal line play.       
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions