Lebo's Lovable Losers Drop Another One

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Lebo's Lovable Losers Drop Another One
« on: December 17, 2009, 10:17:24 PM »
Auburn Edged By Florida State, 76-72
Tigers host Sam Houston State Sunday

Share DeliciousDiggFacebookGoogleMySpaceTwitterYahoo     

Brendon Knox blocks the shot of Florida State's Chris Singleton.

Dec. 17, 2009

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) -Solomon Alabi equaled a career high with 22 points to lead Florida State to a 76-72 win over Auburn on Thursday night.

Alabi scored all but two of his points in the second half but got little help as the Seminoles blew a 12-point lead. Alabi, in one stretch, scored nine straight points including a pair of free throws that broke the last of two second half ties at 63.

Deividas Dulkys and Michael Snaer each had 14 for Florida State (9-2).

Frankie Sullivan and DeWayne Reed scored 17 each for Auburn (5-5). Tay Waller added 15 and Lucas Hargrove had 13.

Waller opened the game with a pair of 3-pointers to give Auburn a 6-0 lead, but Florida State pulled out to a 33-25 edge at the half.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
Re: Lebo's Lovable Losers Drop Another One
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 10:20:05 PM »
So, when does baseball season start?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 10:29:01 PM »
So, when does baseball season start?

War Slater....wait...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 10:06:39 AM »
When are we going to fire this guy?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 10:17:06 AM »
When are we going to fire this guy?

Kaos raises hand two years ago.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 10:22:49 AM »
I raised my hand when we hired him. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 10:57:16 AM »
I raised my hand when we hired him.  

I'm the only hell my momma ever raised.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2009, 10:58:27 AM »
I have a question, Who do you want to be successful?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009, 11:05:03 AM »

I want to be successful.  The rest of you can fuck off.  You don't chew big red.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2009, 11:09:55 AM »
I think with the new arena coming along, that Jacobs could go after a bigger named coach.  Who knows, maybe Phil Jackson or Kurt Rambis.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2009, 11:15:08 AM »
I think with the new arena coming along, that Jacobs could go after a bigger named coach.  Who knows, maybe Phil Jackson or Kurt Rambis.
I think we are keeping Lebo until at least 2015 till Jacobs can get Dave Bliss...then the big bucks start rolling in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2009, 11:19:29 AM »

Auburn
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2009, 11:23:56 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2009, 11:27:14 AM »
I want to be successful.  The rest of you can fuck off.  You don't chew big red.
The room's startin to spin real fast... cause of... cause of all the gayness. Sani... I love you
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2009, 11:27:38 AM »
Auburn
Seriously, I agree that you should either win or be fired, because that's your fucking job.  My point is though, I don't know if you will be satisfied with the next hire unless it's Phil Jackson.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2009, 11:38:40 AM »
Seriously, I agree that you should either win or be fired, because that's your fucking job.  My point is though, I don't know if you will be satisfied with the next hire unless it's Phil Jackson.

I'll take this one, I know Kaos is always on the other side of the fence, but we have toiled in mediocrity since Lebo has been here. We just spent fuckin 96 million on a stadium to suck?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2009, 11:41:55 AM »
I'll take this one, I know Kaos is always on the other side of the fence, but we have toiled in mediocrity since Lebo has been here. We just spent fuckin 96 million on a stadium to suck?
I agree with that point hence, my comment "I agree you should either win or be fired."  I was just pointing out Kaos's constant pessimism.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2009, 11:42:52 AM »
Seriously, I agree that you should either win or be fired, because that's your phuking job.  My point is though, I don't know if you will be satisfied with the next hire unless it's Phil Jackson.

As long as we don't hire a guy who was a ginormous failure -- and who looked like a clueless chump while performing said flop -- I'll give anybody the benefit of the doubt.  

In our situation, I would like to see us target a coach from a smaller program who wants to make a step up.  We can't hit the home run in basketball like we could have in football -- because historically that's not who we are.  

When Lebo was hired I thought it was an okay move.  He'd had success, he had a UNC pedigree and Dean Smith's endorsement.   I frankly would have preferred Capel or Anderson when Lebo was hired (and their successes at OU and Mizzou respectively confirm that I'd make a better AD than Jacobs, but I digress).  But I didn't think it was a Hindenburg hire.  Two years in, however, it was readily apparent that Lebo was not up to the task.   I was fine with even allowing him a third season to see if he could get it together, but after that?  Fuck no.  

Lebo fits the pattern that bothers me about Jacobs, though.  He did it with baseball. He's doing it with Lebo. He can't see the writing on the wall.  He sees some bullshit blueprint that nobody else sees.  

He was wrong to stick with the guy in baseball. What was his name?  He let that drag on and pull the program into an unexplainable and soul sucking abyss.  There's no excuse for that given the interest, facilities and support the baseball program has (or is had the operative word?)

He was wrong to stick wit Lebo three years ago.  Why are we spending a gabillion dollars for a facility when we don't have a coach who can meet the barest minimum of expectations?  Get a coach. Win a little. Build support. THEN build the facility.  This isn't Field of Dreams.  If you build it, they still won't come unless the product is worth supporting.  Right now?  It's not.  I love Auburn. I  wouldn't drive up there to watch a game right now.  Lebo is on the verge of sucking us into an abyss there, too.

So what happens if Chizik can't cut the mustard?  How long will that twist in the wind?  

I strayed off the topic.  

I don't really care who he brings in.  I just want somebody with intensity and passion for the game.  I want somebody who is going to get out and get noticed.  Ask  the high school basketball coaches in the state who is Auburn's head coach.  I wonder how many would know?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2009, 12:39:18 PM »
As long as we don't hire a guy who was a ginormous failure -- and who looked like a clueless chump while performing said flop -- I'll give anybody the benefit of the doubt.  

In our situation, I would like to see us target a coach from a smaller program who wants to make a step up.  We can't hit the home run in basketball like we could have in football -- because historically that's not who we are.  

When Lebo was hired I thought it was an okay move.  He'd had success, he had a UNC pedigree and Dean Smith's endorsement.   I frankly would have preferred Capel or Anderson when Lebo was hired (and their successes at OU and Mizzou respectively confirm that I'd make a better AD than Jacobs, but I digress).  But I didn't think it was a Hindenburg hire.  Two years in, however, it was readily apparent that Lebo was not up to the task.   I was fine with even allowing him a third season to see if he could get it together, but after that?  Fuck no.  

Lebo fits the pattern that bothers me about Jacobs, though.  He did it with baseball. He's doing it with Lebo. He can't see the writing on the wall.  He sees some bullshit blueprint that nobody else sees.  

He was wrong to stick with the guy in baseball. What was his name?  He let that drag on and pull the program into an unexplainable and soul sucking abyss.  There's no excuse for that given the interest, facilities and support the baseball program has (or is had the operative word?)

He was wrong to stick wit Lebo three years ago.  Why are we spending a gabillion dollars for a facility when we don't have a coach who can meet the barest minimum of expectations?  Get a coach. Win a little. Build support. THEN build the facility.  This isn't Field of Dreams.  If you build it, they still won't come unless the product is worth supporting.  Right now?  It's not.  I love Auburn. I  wouldn't drive up there to watch a game right now.  Lebo is on the verge of sucking us into an abyss there, too.

So what happens if Chizik can't cut the mustard?  How long will that twist in the wind?  

I strayed off the topic.  

I don't really care who he brings in.  I just want somebody with intensity and passion for the game.  I want somebody who is going to get out and get noticed.  Ask  the high school basketball coaches in the state who is Auburn's head coach.  I wonder how many would know?
I agree with all of that.  I just had to attack the pessimism I see.  It's been a shitty week and today is craptastic.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2009, 12:43:59 PM »
I just want somebody with intensity and passion for the game.  I want somebody who is going to get out and get noticed.

So, this is a basketball-only standard for you then?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.