Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Lebo's Lovable Losers Drop Another One

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: Lebo's Lovable Losers Drop Another One
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2009, 12:51:34 PM »
So, this is a basketball-only standard for you then?

Starts...slow...clap...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2009, 12:52:54 PM »
I agree with all of that.  I just had to attack the pessimism I see.  It's been a poopty week and today is craptastic.

You should go home and drink heavily.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2009, 02:42:42 PM »
Starts...slow...clap...

Not trying to score points.  Just trying to define the position.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2009, 02:47:18 PM »
Not trying to score points.  Just trying to define the position.

And it was a damn fine point there Wesley...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2009, 03:01:11 PM »
So, this is a basketball-only standard for you then?

Nope.  Not at all.  Worth noting that Auburn's status in basketball is completely different than our status in football, though.  There are things we might have to do to solicit fan and booster support in basketball that we'd never, ever do for football.

Tuberville was out there.  Everybody in the state new who he was.  He didn't have to ride in a hot air balloon and land on top of Wal Marts to do so.  
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 03:03:46 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2009, 03:06:55 PM »
Nope.  Not at all. 

Tuberville was out there.  Everybody in the state new who he was.  He didn't have to ride in a hot air balloon and land on top of Wal Marts to do so. 

At what point in his Auburn tenure?  He was known in the beginning for his "pine box" comments.  Not really a great thing to be known for.  At the end of his decade here, of course everyone knew him.  They had time to get to know him based upon his product.

At the beginning of Chizik's tenure he was well known for "5-19".  Then the coaches hit the road.  Getting attention.  Doing exactly what you claim to want.  IF Chizik is still here in 2019 (I hope your head didn't just explode), then I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that everyone knows him based upon his product.

I honestly thought, given your earlier comments in this thread vis a vis Auburn not being a basketball school, that you'd have two sets of criteria for the coaches of bball and fball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2009, 03:07:03 PM »
Nope.  Not at all. 

Tuberville was out there.  Everybody in the state new who he was.  He didn't have to ride in a hot air balloon and land on top of Wal Marts to do so. 

What does that have to do with having passion for your school and passion for your team to win?

Tub got lost in the big city lights when Saban got into town. Maybe if he would have had a little passion, or rode in a hot air balloon, he would still be at Auburn...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2009, 03:14:06 PM »
At what point in his Auburn tenure?  He was known in the beginning for his "pine box" comments.  Not really a great thing to be known for.  At the end of his decade here, of course everyone knew him.  They had time to get to know him based upon his product.

At the beginning of Chizik's tenure he was well known for "5-19".  Then the coaches hit the road.  Getting attention.  Doing exactly what you claim to want.  IF Chizik is still here in 2019 (I hope your head didn't just explode), then I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that everyone knows him based upon his product.

I honestly thought, given your earlier comments in this thread vis a vis Auburn not being a basketball school, that you'd have two sets of criteria for the coaches of bball and fball.

We aren't historically a basketball school. 

Not sure what you're asking in terms of criteria. 

Criteria? I think I want the same things from any coach in any sport. 

Expectations are different,though.  I don't expect somebody to take over the basketball program and in two years win the national title.  That's not who we are.  I'd love for it to be, but it's not.

Football? We have the base there. Everything a coach would need to accomplish that task is in place.  We haven't gotten there yet. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2009, 03:17:21 PM »
Criteria? I think I want the same things from any coach in any sport. 

Given this as your stated criteria:

I just want somebody with intensity and passion for the game.  I want somebody who is going to get out and get noticed.

How does Chizik rate?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2009, 03:30:28 PM »
Given this as your stated criteria:

How does Chizik rate?

Irrelevant. 

We currently have a basketball coach who does not seem -- at least to me -- to be well known among high school coaches.  We do not have a significant in-state presence.  He also gets little notice from media outside the state.  You never hear Lebo called for insight on any of the national radio or Tv shows either.

My desire to have a basketball coach who is more aggressive and more direct in getting exposure for Auburn has nothing to do with my feelings for or against Chizik. 

I do want our football coach to be a good representative and media accessible, but if you want to know the truth that's really not Chizik's forte either.  Chizik has the personality of a damp dishrag in media situations.  He's not "fuck you" like Saban which enthralls the abuse-loving media and he's not Handshake Harry like Tuberville was.  Chizik is clearly uncomfortable in that role.  Maybe he grows into it.  But he's not ready for it now.  His SEC Media Days appearance was Ron-Jeremy's-dick-in-a-latino-whorehouse stiff.   He doesn't have to be Chris Rock, but he could loosen up a little.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2009, 03:08:06 PM »

I do want our football coach to be a good representative and media accessible, but if you want to know the truth that's really not Chizik's forte either.  Chizik has the personality of a damp dishrag in media situations.  He's not "fuck you" like Saban which enthralls the abuse-loving media and he's not Handshake Harry like Tuberville was.  Chizik is clearly uncomfortable in that role.  Maybe he grows into it.  But he's not ready for it now.  His SEC Media Days appearance was Ron-Jeremy's-dick-in-a-latino-whorehouse stiff.   He doesn't have to be Chris Rock, but he could loosen up a little.

Would you like to amend your criteria as stated previously?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2009, 06:28:45 PM »
No.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

LivnonaPryr

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2009, 06:34:35 PM »
Anyone who spent that much time running point for Dean Smith deserves respect, period.  You can get off his nuts.  It is not his fault that we have not been able to recruit.  Our facilities WERE some of the worst in the conference.  He can and will do better w/ proper backing.  If you want to help buy season tickets for basketball too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2009, 09:31:04 PM »
Sorry Mrs. Lebo.

Too late.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2009, 10:39:42 AM »
Anyone who spent that much time running point for Dean Smith deserves respect, period.  You can get off his nuts.  It is not his fault that we have not been able to recruit.  Our facilities WERE some of the worst in the conference.  He can and will do better w/ proper backing.  If you want to help buy season tickets for basketball too.

It absolutely IS his fault we haven't been able to recruit.  That's part of his job description.  It's always, ALWAYS, an excuse with Lebo.  That's a trend.  That's his style.  I'm not going to downplay Auburn athletics for anyone.  Lebo can't win.  Get someone who can at least make the tournament. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2009, 10:18:54 PM »
It absolutely IS his fault we haven't been able to recruit.  That's part of his job description.  It's always, ALWAYS, an excuse with Lebo.  That's a trend.  That's his style.  I'm not going to downplay Auburn athletics for anyone.  Lebo can't win.  Get someone who can at least make the tournament beat Missouri State or UCF or Troy and Sam Houston State AT FUCKING HOME. 

FTFY

He needs to go....NOW...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2009, 10:30:54 PM »
FTFY

He needs to go....NOW...

Agreed.  This is probably the most talented team he's had sine he's been here.  Easily the most well-rounded group. Size (For once) speed , experience.  No excuse for this shit. Problem is..does anyone who counts notice..or care?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2009, 07:42:25 AM »

Agreed.  This is probably the most talented team he's had sine he's been here.  Easily the most well-rounded group. Size (For once) speed , experience.  No excuse for this shit. Problem is..does anyone who counts notice..or care?
I count and I care.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau2

« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2009, 09:43:16 AM »
No.

OK, keep moving those goalposts to keep Chizik on your shit list, then.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2009, 09:50:59 AM »
OK, keep moving those goalposts to keep Chizik on your poop list, then.

Whatever. I don't move anything.  100% consistent.

You ask for clarification. I give it.  Nothing moved. Except maybe your ....nevermind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions