Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Well, way to not show up Gators

Re: Well, way to not show up Gators
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2009, 09:12:45 AM »
That was one of the worst gameplans I've ever seen from the Florida Gators.  Defensively, they were manhandled.  I know that's tough to overcome, but why the hell was Tebow dropping back to pass EVERY snap?  From the 1st-3rd quarters, Florida called six running plays.  A total of six.  Tebow got some big yards running when a pass play was called.  But why did Florida refrain from running the football? 

If you paid attention, Florida's run plays worked.  Demps got 8-9 yards every time he touched the ball.  Moody didn't get it once.  Tebow rarely just took the snap and plowed the middle.  That's what they've done for three years, and for some reason, they got cute with their playcalling. 

Florida hasn't had a good passing game all year.  Someone somehow convinced them that their passing game would start clicking against the Alabama defense. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2009, 09:58:23 AM »
That was one of the worst gameplans I've ever seen from the Florida Gators.  Defensively, they were manhandled.  I know that's tough to overcome, but why the hell was Tebow dropping back to pass EVERY snap?  From the 1st-3rd quarters, Florida called six running plays.  A total of six.  Tebow got some big yards running when a pass play was called.  But why did Florida refrain from running the football? 

If you paid attention, Florida's run plays worked.  Demps got 8-9 yards every time he touched the ball.  Moody didn't get it once.  Tebow rarely just took the snap and plowed the middle.  That's what they've done for three years, and for some reason, they got cute with their playcalling. 

Florida hasn't had a good passing game all year.  Someone somehow convinced them that their passing game would start clicking against the Alabama defense. 
Myer should take the Notre Dame job, because his offense without Tebow is going to suck. Brantley's not going to be the next Alex Smith or Josh Harris. Demps and Rainey are both shit your pants fast, why not give them the ball in space? Tebow throwing lasers at the feet or over the heads of recievers wasn't the answer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

ibelonginprison

• Bama... As cool as AIDS
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2009, 01:55:49 PM »
Myer should take the Notre Dame job, because his offense without Tebow is going to suck. Brantley's not going to be the next Alex Smith or Josh Harris. Demps and Rainey are both shit your pants fast, why not give them the ball in space? Tebow throwing lasers at the feet or over the heads of recievers wasn't the answer.

Tebow may not be the best throwing QB out there, but in his defense his DID his a lot of receivers in the hands or shoulders.  Catchable balls, IMO.

But yeah, a running Tebow is a hard to stop Tebow.  Towards the end of the night Bama wasn't even the slightest concerned about the Florida run, which allowed them to focus on the pass...... fat lotta good that did them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Bama fans make me want to punch babies...

Token

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2009, 02:15:15 PM »
Tebow may not be the best throwing QB out there, but in his defense his DID his a lot of receivers in the hands or shoulders.  Catchable balls, IMO.

But yeah, a running Tebow is a hard to stop Tebow.  Towards the end of the night Bama wasn't even the slightest concerned about the Florida run, which allowed them to focus on the pass...... fat lotta good that did them.

The bad part is, that's all I was concerned about with Florida's offense.  I didn't think the dive play would be effective, just like I didn't think the passing game would be that successful.  Bama has been VERY good at getting pressure on the quarterback this season, as well as very good coverage, aside from a few big plays.  The part of Florida's offense that worried me was their ability to get to the corner out of the back field.  Either sweeps or screens, I was concerned about those fast running backs getting into the flat with one person to get around. 

I think getting down by two scores early made UF think they had to change the game plan.  Dumb move on their part.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions