Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

*Word on da skreets....*

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: *Word on da skreets....*
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2009, 04:28:12 PM »

I've never seen a minute of film on him.   I wouldn't know him if he walked in my front door and handed me a chocolate chip cookie. 

Yes but your decision may change depending on how the cookie was handed to you.  Was it a straight hand off? Or did he option it to you? Did he bobble the cookie snap? All of these are valid concerns....gimme something...anything.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

jadennis

« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2009, 04:28:21 PM »
I don't really know why.  It's just one of those things I know.  Or think I know. 

I've never seen a minute of film on him.   I wouldn't know him if he walked in my front door and handed me a chocolate chip cookie.  The one time I laid eyes on him, all I could see was his back. 

This is just a case of spidey sense tingling.  I don't care about "told you so's"  (except in instances were people who are often comically wrong about things try to act as if I don't have a clue and then I don't pound on  it).

As mystical as it is, at least it's the reason behind your opinion.  Let's hope that tingling is just whatever you had for lunch and nothing more.  We need him to be at least consistently adequate and serviceable for Malzahn's offense.  If he is, the offense could be better, or at least more consistent.  Add a little consistency to the mix this year and we'd likely have been something around 9-3 to 11-1.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2009, 04:30:19 PM »
As mystical as it is, at least it's the reason behind your opinion.  Let's hope that tingling is just whatever you had for lunch and nothing more.  We need him to be at least consistently adequate and serviceable for Malzahn's offense.  If he is, the offense could be better, or at least more consistent.  Add a little consistency to the mix this year and we'd likely have been something around 9-3 to 11-1.  

I've had the tingle since the day he was signed.  I was all, like... meh. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2009, 04:32:00 PM »
Yes but your decision may change depending on how the cookie was handed to you.  Was it a straight hand off? Or did he option it to you? Did he bobble the cookie snap? All of these are valid concerns....gimme something...anything.

If it was on a reverse pass, would that make Kaos the #2 QB?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2009, 04:32:48 PM »
He could win games, but he could also lose them.  Mississippi State comes to mind. 
As does several Florida games...of course it wasn't much help with a 110 pound running back. Defense kinda knew what we were doing....EVERY DOWN.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2009, 04:33:57 PM »
If it was on a reverse pass, would that make Kaos the #2 QB?
I thought it made him the blocking back?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 04:35:33 PM by Gatorfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2009, 04:35:01 PM »
See my version (from two hours ago) of your post pasted below.  :)

You're right that his high school videos don't mean much.  But to write him off for no other reason than the odds is kind of pointless I say.  It's not even really an opinion, it's just stating the facts about the inherent risk in guessing on QBs.  Typically you would state those facts and then give some sort of opinion on top of that. 

It's almost like saying a particular small business is likely to fail simply because the stats say most do, but not offering any other support for that statement.  Kaos usually demands more than that from opinion, which is why I think he's taking heat for his on this issue.  He's stated the small business of Rollison and Sons is likely to fail simply because the SBA publishes statistics saying it's likely.  Well, that's not really an opinion to me. 

Not that he cares what's what to me, which is kind of the genius behind his non-opinion.  :)

FWIW, my spidey sense tells me different than Kaos'.  But mine, to my knowledge, is no better than his, it's just mine.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2009, 04:37:32 PM »

Could be colon cancer.  

Personally I think it was the "anti" in you.  A lot of people that annoy you probably talked about him being the next whatever that leads us to 3 national titles.  And to that you probably thought "na, not feelin it".

But take away those people and that kind of hype....could he be a decent QB for us and help us win?  Not sure how you can have an instinct in regards to that while admitting to knowing as much about has abilities as you know about mine, none.  For human beings, instinct comes into play when surviving is on the line, otherwise we are run by reason, even if subconscious reason or subconscious reaction based on experience.  No matter what it is, if you have accumulated absolutely no information with which to form the opinion, then that instinct is really a reaction to something else....either a reaction to your experience or a reaction to other people's opinions...something.

The tingle?  I'm thinking your C5 is misaligned.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2009, 04:38:22 PM »

It's because Chizik signed him. To you, especially at the time in which he signed, anything and everything Chizik played any role whatsoever in is total and utter worthless shit.

That and your opinion you stated at the time that we're "wasting our time" on recruiting worthless Texas QBs...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2009, 04:40:03 PM »
FWIW, my spidey sense tells me different than Kaos'.  But mine, to my knowledge, is no better than his, it's just mine.  

My spidey sense didn't see James Willis going to the dark side, so I haven't trusted it for a while.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

- Reggie Torbor

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2009, 04:41:31 PM »
........my cousins friends uncle lives next to a guy that is room mates with a former Auburn student who received a letter in the mail that said Tyrik Rollison got suspended for smoking weed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2009, 04:43:22 PM »
........my cousins friends uncle lives next to a guy that is room mates with a former Auburn student who received a letter in the mail that said Tyrik Rollison got suspended for smoking weed.
You misread that letter, it said that they saw him at 31 flavors last night.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2009, 04:43:55 PM »
My spidey sense didn't see James Willis going to the dark side, so I haven't trusted it for a while.

I often confuse mine with my hopes and dreams...so there's that too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2009, 04:50:47 PM »
It's because Chizik signed him. To you, especially at the time in which he signed, anything and everything Chizik played any role whatsoever in is total and utter worthless poop.

That and your opinion you stated at the time that we're "wasting our time" on recruiting worthless Texas QBs...

I'm changing your name to Miss Construe.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2009, 05:01:21 PM »
It's because Chizik signed him. To you, especially at the time in which he signed, anything and everything Chizik played any role whatsoever in is total and utter worthless poop.

I was looking at this the other day...

Rivals does their position power rankings, and I was perusing them, and noticed a common theme...Texas born players that didn't play for BCS Texas teams kept popping up (in the top 25 in the nation at their position).

Quarterback...Ryan Mallett (Arkansas), Andrew Luck (Stanford), Case Keenum (Houston), Andy Dalton (TCU).
Running Back...LaMichael James (Oregon), Quizz Rogers (Oregon State), Donald Buckram (UTEP), Keith Toston (Oklahoma State).
Receiver...Denario Alexander (Missouri), Dezmon Briscoe (Kansas), Keith Smith (Purdue), James Rogers (Oregon State), Bradon LaFell (LSU), James Cleveland (Houston).
Offensive Line...Russell Okung (Oklahoma State), Jason Fox (Miami), Marshall Newhouse (TCU), Trent Williams (Oklahoma), Ciron Black (LSU).
Defensive Line...Jerry Hughes (TCU), Jeremy Beal (Oklahoma).
Linebacker...Sean Weatherspoon (Missouri), Travis Lewis (Oklahoma), Daryl Washington (TCU).
Defensive Back...Perrish Cox (Oklahoma State), Trevin Wade (Arizona).
Special Teams...Jeremy Kerley (TCU), Tyron Carrier (Houston).

That's 28 kids that are ranked in the top 25 at their position in the entire country (or about 12% of the entire Top 25 list of all positions).  So more than one in ten of the top 225 players in the country are kids from Texas that do not go to a Texas BCS school.  Another 11 stayed in Texas (7 at Texas, 3 at A&M, and 1 at Texas Tech).

That's why we need to hold on to our ties out there.  It's worth fishing a few guys out of there every year.

By the way, I'm not from Texas.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 05:08:20 PM by jaddazio »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

- Reggie Torbor

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2009, 06:58:23 PM »
Funny. 

This is one of the top ten most ridiculous replies I've ever seen. 

I don't care if he goes to Dillburg Tech and sets 400 kabillion NCAA records and is drafted into the NFL Hall of Fame despite never playing a snap in the league.  That has no bearing on anything. 

All I'm saying is that this guy will never be the QB at Auburn most of you have set him up to be.  That's my opinion -- and like most of mine -- you will see it come to fruition in the coming years.  Not recruiting a QB this season is an epic fail. 
LMAO!!!!  "I just got this tingle feeling that he's not going to be all that...I've never seen any games, highlights, practices, or even met him...I just don't think he'll amount to anything...."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2009, 09:39:30 AM »
I can also show you evidence of a QB that hasn't had any significant coaching at the position going into this year also.
I really don't think you have one way or another to show that to anybody, other than since he wasn't the starter for half the season last year, then that equals he received absolutely no coaching at all. I bet he was told to just go play Wii while Todd got all the reps these past two seasons. I even gave Burns the benefit of the doubt and said previously that he should improve under Malzahn. I think Malzahn is a pretty good QB coach, so I figured Burns would improve. But, apparently he hasn't if he went from 2nd string last year to WR this year. At some point you just have to admit the kid doesn't have what it takes to play QB in the SEC. Hell of an athlete, though. Or, you can just go ahead and keep making excuses for him the rest of his career. Whatever makes you sleep better at night, I suppose.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2009, 10:07:54 AM »
LMAO!!!!  "I just got this tingle feeling that he's not going to be all that...I've never seen any games, highlights, practices, or even met him...I just don't think he'll amount to anything...."

My intuition is twenty times better than your "inside" information.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2009, 02:53:23 PM »
My intuition is twenty times better than your "inside" information.
                                               :haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs