*Word on da skreets....*

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: *Word on da skreets....*
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2009, 01:07:59 PM »
As do you.

Why are you thinking he will never be the man? What has he done? What have you seen? What have you heard?

You make this claim based on what? Your opinion?
I am actually curious what makes you say that, what college game did you see him play?

Seriously though, care to elaborate K? (you have probably stated before and I missed it)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

jadennis

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2009, 01:13:02 PM »
K I do have to say it's a fairly safe opinion.  If you play the odds, most QBs don't end up "the man".  Most teams are struggling through with an adequate (read that to mean "disappointing to the fans") QB.  How often does any team feature a "knock your socks off" QB?  Rarely.  The rest of the time everyone is making due with Jordan Jeffersons and Joe Coxs and Jevan Sneads and Greg McElroys.  Hell even LSU and Georgia struggled with first round NFL draft picks behind center.

Add to that the fact that people were excited to get Rollison and expect him to do well, and well, you're opinion isn't so much based on anything other than the odds along with your lean towards pessimism.  (you're probably saying "duh" so far).

However, keep in mind that Chris Todd just set a lot of QB records at Auburn.  Rollison may only need to be Jordan Jefferson-esqe or Chris Leak-like in order to lead our offense to great things.  He may not need to be the rare Vince Young, Tim Tebow, or Pat White in order to meet expectations.  I for one am not expecting him to be a Heisman candidtate.  I am expecting him to help us win games.  

I think it was Coleman who was extremely impressed with him during pre-season scrimmages.  He said he was calm and confident and ran the offense like a veteran.  For a senior defensive player to have that praise for a true freshman was encouraging to me.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 01:15:31 PM by jaddazio »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2009, 01:19:46 PM »
K I do have to say it's a fairly safe opinion.  If you play the odds, most QBs don't end up "the man".  Most teams are struggling through with an adequate (read that to mean "disappointing to the fans") QB.  How often does any team feature a "knock your socks off" QB?  Rarely.  The rest of the time everyone is making due with Jordan Jeffersons and Joe Coxs and Jevan Sneads and Greg McElroys.  Hell even LSU and Georgia struggled with first round NFL draft picks behind center.

Add to that the fact that people were excited to get Rollison and expect him to do well, and well, you're opinion isn't so much based on anything other than the odds along with your lean towards pessimism.  (you're probably saying "duh" so far).

However, keep in mind that Chris Todd just set a lot of QB records at Auburn.  Rollison may only need to be Jordan Jefferson-esqe or Chris Leak-like in order to lead our offense to great things.  He may not need to be the rare Vince Young, Tim Tebow, or Pat White in order to meet expectations.  I for one am not expecting him to be a Heisman candidtate.  I am expecting him to help us win games.  

I think it was Coleman who was extremely impressed with him during pre-season scrimmages.  He said he was calm and confident and ran the offense like a veteran.  For a senior defensive player to have that praise for a true freshman was encouraging to me.
Hell I'll settle for he looks a little like this...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2009, 01:22:08 PM »

It moved again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

jadennis

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2009, 01:24:04 PM »

I'm guessing everyone is experiencing a little movement.

Think of him in this offense.  Damn.

Kaos hates it, but we'll just have to wait and see if Rollison is Craig or if he's Burns.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 01:24:36 PM by jaddazio »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2009, 01:24:54 PM »
I am actually curious what makes you say that, what college game did you see him play?

Seriously though, care to elaborate K? (you have probably stated before and I missed it)

Are you asking my opinion or Kaos'?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2009, 01:25:50 PM »
Are you asking my opinion or Kaos'?
Kaos

..sorry...forgot I was quoting you, I can see the confusion.  No I thought they were good questions I wanted to know what Kaos thought.  Is this a gut reaction thing or has he seen TR play?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 01:28:45 PM by Gatorfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2009, 01:32:19 PM »
Kaos

..sorry...forgot I was quoting you, I can see the confusion.  No I thought they were good questions I wanted to know what Kaos thought.  Is this a gut reaction thing or has he seen TR play?

Based on everything he has said...it is a gut reaction based on nothing. He has never seen the kid play which is why I asked the question of why in the fuck do you have this opinion of him. It's cool if you have an opinion of him based on something you have seen or heard. It's not cool if you have this opinion just because you think it's the cool thing to do...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2009, 01:36:21 PM »
I've seen him play once.  He led Sulphur Springs to the state title here in Texas.  I saw one of his games on TV.

Here are two videos.  Check the 1:10 mark of the first one...love that he escaped from about 5 guys and still found a receiver open down field (didn't just tuck it and run).

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

- Reggie Torbor

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2009, 01:37:26 PM »

This was also the feeling from several veteran players about Barret Trotter.   I know I turned to several people during games this year, and while watching this offense and pointed out how deadly a cog in this offensive machine, a true dual threat QB would be.  

The Craig comparisons are spot on, but if TR can do it between the ears as well and be able to throw the ball accurately (as it's been reported by many as true), this offense just became that much MORE dangerous.

Should be exciting if executed and coached right!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2009, 01:44:11 PM »
love that he escaped from about 5 guys and still found a receiver open down field (didn't just tuck it and run).
And he ain't too bad at tuckin' and runnin' either...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2009, 01:46:43 PM »
And he ain't too bad at tuckin' and runnin' either...

He better be good at getting back in the good graces of the coaching staff and team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2009, 01:51:46 PM »
I've seen him play once.  He led Sulphur Springs to the state title here in Texas.  I saw one of his games on TV.

Here are two videos.  Check the 1:10 mark of the first one...love that he escaped from about 5 guys and still found a receiver open down field (didn't just tuck it and run).

I could show you some pretty cool videos of Kodi Burns in high school.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

jadennis

« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2009, 02:00:30 PM »

Knowing something along these lines was coming (and is true) is exactly why I already said we'll have to wait and see if he's Craig or Burns.  There's no way to know.

But there are things you can see.  You can see arm strength.  You can see athletic ability.  You can see that he wants to make the throw first and not take off just for the sake of running. 

All I'm saying is there is a reason he was the #9 recruit in Texas and the #2 dual-threat QB according to Rivals.  Sure, they're wrong sometimes, but they're right a lot too.  This isn't a "diamond in the rough" recruit.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

- Reggie Torbor

« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2009, 02:06:57 PM »

I can also show you evidence of a QB that hasn't had any significant coaching at the position going into this year also.

This doesn't prove much.  I can't be for certain, but I feel confident to say that even though he may never have been all that and a bag of chips, with a couple years of consistent coaching, he might be better than he is today.

True?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2009, 03:15:08 PM »

I have no clue...but I would highly doubt that Kodi won a state championship his Senior year of High School while throwing for 4800 yards and 51 TD's and rushing for over 1000 yards with another 12 TD's on the ground...all while COMPLETING OVER 70% OF HIS FUCKING PASSES!!! 70 MOTHER FUCKING PERCENT!!!!!

That is why I think he will be a stud. Dude just doesn't have a cannon...he is a very accurate passer. He did that in 4A ball in Texas which is plays some damn good football.

He made more plays in the state championship game to fill a highlite reel himself. With just that game. If you can watch the Rivals video of just that game you would be damn impressed...well, if you weren't a flaming douche...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2009, 03:18:16 PM »
I've seen him play once.  He led Sulphur Springs to the state title here in Texas.  I saw one of his games on TV.

Here are two videos.  Check the 1:10 mark of the first one...love that he escaped from about 5 guys and still found a receiver open down field (didn't just tuck it and run).

I'm not going to agree or disagree with Kaos, but must offer my opinion here.  What he did in HS means exactly jack fucking shit!  This is college, a step up...D-1, a huge step up...SEC, a fucking major flying leap in the the stratosphere up from HS. Will he or won't he make it?  Statistically speaking QB has the greatest failure rate (subjective of course) of any position.  Then again about 1/3 of all these highly touted players never make it at any position.  Auburn currently has 2 players that on NSD were Rivals 4 star QBs.  Kodi Burns, and Neil Caudle.  I think Brandon Cox was a 4 star as well, as was Jason Campbell.  That's one that had one great year, one that was pretty good for a couple of years, and 2 that have done exactly jack shit at the QB position.   Kaos, while a bit jaded at times, has a pretty fair chance of being dead nuts on if he predicts ever stinkin' QB Auburn ever signs to be a flop.  Fact is he's likely to be right about 75% of the time if he just guesses.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 03:20:01 PM by JR4UF »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2009, 04:16:58 PM »
I'm not going to agree or disagree with Kaos, but must offer my opinion here.  What he did in HS means exactly jack phuking poop!  This is college, a step up...D-1, a huge step up...SEC, a phuking major flying leap in the the stratosphere up from HS. Will he or won't he make it?  Statistically speaking QB has the greatest failure rate (subjective of course) of any position.  Then again about 1/3 of all these highly touted players never make it at any position.  Auburn currently has 2 players that on NSD were Rivals 4 star QBs.  Kodi Burns, and Neil Caudle.  I think Brandon Cox was a 4 star as well, as was Jason Campbell.  That's one that had one great year, one that was pretty good for a couple of years, and 2 that have done exactly jack poop at the QB position.   Kaos, while a bit jaded at times, has a pretty fair chance of being dead nuts on if he predicts ever stinkin' QB Auburn ever signs to be a flop.  Fact is he's likely to be right about 75% of the time if he just guesses.

See my version (from two hours ago) of your post pasted below.  :)

You're right that his high school videos don't mean much.  But to write him off for no other reason than the odds is kind of pointless I say.  It's not even really an opinion, it's just stating the facts about the inherent risk in guessing on QBs.  Typically you would state those facts and then give some sort of opinion on top of that. 

It's almost like saying a particular small business is likely to fail simply because the stats say most do, but not offering any other support for that statement.  Kaos usually demands more than that from opinion, which is why I think he's taking heat for his on this issue.  He's stated the small business of Rollison and Sons is likely to fail simply because the SBA publishes statistics saying it's likely.  Well, that's not really an opinion to me. 

Not that he cares what's what to me, which is kind of the genius behind his non-opinion.  :)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 04:23:36 PM by jaddazio »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

- Reggie Torbor

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2009, 04:20:42 PM »
So again...why do you have the opinion that TR is not going to be poop at Auburn? Or do you just say that so I can "I told you so" later on in chance it happens.

I actually respect your opinion. You have shown me that you know far more about football than I originally thought. Most of the time you back up your opinion with support as to why you have formed this opinion. With TR, you haven't. You just said he will never be the man. Why?

I don't really know why.  It's just one of those things I know.  Or think I know. 

I've never seen a minute of film on him.   I wouldn't know him if he walked in my front door and handed me a chocolate chip cookie.  The one time I laid eyes on him, all I could see was his back. 

This is just a case of spidey sense tingling.  I don't care about "told you so's"  (except in instances were people who are often comically wrong about things try to act as if I don't have a clue and then I don't pound on  it).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2009, 04:26:36 PM »
Knowing something along these lines was coming (and is true) is exactly why I already said we'll have to wait and see if he's Craig or Burns.  There's no way to know.

But there are things you can see.  You can see arm strength.  You can see athletic ability.  You can see that he wants to make the throw first and not take off just for the sake of running. 

All I'm saying is there is a reason he was the #9 recruit in Texas and the #2 dual-threat QB according to Rivals.  Sure, they're wrong sometimes, but they're right a lot too.  This isn't a "diamond in the rough" recruit.

Two words:

Vince Sutton. 

I played softball with Vince.  I've never seen any human being with an arm like he had.  He was fast, agile, racked up stars and accolades in high school.  How'd his college career work out? 

I have no intel on Rollison. I don't know anything.  I'm just saying what I'm saying because my instincts tell me it is true.  I don't care about having the "cool" opinion or being a downer or whatever.  Dameyune I was excited about. But if you remember he was ALL Auburn had.  He could win games, but he could also lose them.  Mississippi State comes to mind. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.