dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

Re: I'm Going To Hell..But This Is Funny
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 08:54:33 PM »
I saw a T-shirt for a vacation bible school that stated, "Jesus is my homie".

It amazes me at how far a church will go to "reach the kids."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 09:54:31 PM »
I'm a devout Christian. 

There's nothing wrong with a front hug.  In fact, Jesus would probably encourage it.  The very notion of preaching the "side hug" only instigates the thought of sex.  Every time those kids "side hug," they'll be thinking about how they're NOT thinking about having sex with each other.  Of course, that only leads to them thinking about having sex with each other because they're sex-crazed teenagers. 

I remember being 14 and my youth pastor telling me to abstain from sex.  I listened whole heartedly.  I swore and swore and promised and promised.  You know what, though?  If a girl I thought was hot asked me to put it in her butt in front of the congregation in the middle of communion on a Sunday morning, I would have done it and asked the youth pastor to take pictures.  That's what teenagers do.  They think about sex.

Trying to quell the urge is useless.  Teaching how to understand what sex means in a relationship is useful.  By doing that, you have more of a chance to persuade a boy or girl to wait until marriage because that's when sex would be the most meaningful. 

Sorry for the rant, but these kind of ignorant "youth conferences" are giving my faith a bad name.  It gives comedians like  :vn: a chance to make fun and be funny doing it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 10:10:18 PM »
I was never once led astray by a front hug.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 10:40:28 PM »
I mean, there's so much to make fun of, it's hard to pick a starting point.

1) Hugging from the front = bad, but shooting people is ok? (implied by the gun cocking, shots, and ambulances in the beat)

2) Do you think they have any idea what a Rough Rider is?

3) "You ain't no rabbi, you ain't no priest, so rise up off me like that shortbread with no yeast".
     A) Um...isn't yeast exactly what makes shortbread, or any bread for that matter, "rise up"?
     B) If you were a Rabbi or a priest, don't bother raising off me. Front hugs are ok from clergy.

4) WTF is the "Democrat Shift in the Congress" refrain about?

5) I like the guy that admits to front hugging, but it's cool, he's married. He "front hugs all day long without other demands."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 03:19:55 AM »
I'm a devout Christian.  

There's nothing wrong with a front hug.  In fact, Jesus would probably encourage it.  The very notion of preaching the "side hug" only instigates the thought of sex.  Every time those kids "side hug," they'll be thinking about how they're NOT thinking about having sex with each other.  Of course, that only leads to them thinking about having sex with each other because they're sex-crazed teenagers.  

I remember being 14 and my youth pastor telling me to abstain from sex.  I listened whole heartedly.  I swore and swore and promised and promised.  You know what, though?  If a girl I thought was hot asked me to put it in her butt in front of the congregation in the middle of communion on a Sunday morning, I would have done it and asked the youth pastor to take pictures.  That's what teenagers do.  They think about sex.

Trying to quell the urge is useless.  Teaching how to understand what sex means in a relationship is useful.  By doing that, you have more of a chance to persuade a boy or girl to wait until marriage because that's when sex would be the most meaningful.  

Sorry for the rant, but these kind of ignorant "youth conferences" are giving my faith a bad name.  It gives comedians like  :vn: a chance to make fun and be funny doing it.  

Same for me from my youth pastor, I think preaching safe sex would have been of more use than no sex.  Kids are going to have sex, why not show them how to stay safe.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 01:18:22 PM by Jumbo »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 09:03:30 AM »
They obviously weren't doing it right then.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2009, 09:20:30 AM »
I'm a devout Christian. 

That's a ridiculous phrase.

A) Um...isn't yeast exactly what makes shortbread, or any bread for that matter, "rise up"?

Shortbread doesn't use yeast as its leavening agent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2009, 09:33:33 AM »
They obviously weren't doing it right then.

Obviously we aren't supposed to butt fuck these kids.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2009, 09:51:34 AM »

I know. I know. It was that slow quiet hug from behind that did it for you, huh?

Hugs are hugs. If you came from a family that didn't hug, then you might misconstrue what a hug is. But for me, a hug was just a hug. But back then, you shook a guys hand and gave a small hug to the girl.

I guess in today's bump and grind world, the hug is different and must be addressed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2009, 09:57:42 AM »
I know. I know. It was that slow quiet hug from behind that did it for you, huh?

Hugs are hugs. If you came from a family that didn't hug, then you might misconstrue what a hug is. But for me, a hug was just a hug. But back then, you shook a guys hand and gave a small hug to the girl.

I guess in today's bump and grind world, the hug is different and must be addressed.
:bc:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2009, 05:16:54 PM »

It isn't.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2009, 09:03:47 PM »
Obviously we aren't supposed to butt fuck these kids.

If you can manage it from the side, I guess it's ok.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2009, 09:07:14 PM »
This is my version of the "side hug"

« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 09:27:06 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2009, 09:09:10 PM »

Can you explain? My guess is you are just talking about THS saying this and not the phrase itself.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 09:13:07 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2009, 09:11:39 PM »
This is my version of the "side hug"

LOL..Prowler, you lady killer you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2009, 09:25:19 PM »
LOL..Prowler, you lady killer you.
LOL....But I don't think about SEX when I "side hug".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2009, 09:31:59 PM »
Okay in that video, the white girls....ain't got no rhythm.

Homie Don't Play Dat
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2009, 09:44:46 PM »
You need some latino blood for rhythm.

About 1/2, I'd say.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2009, 09:52:30 PM »
You need some latino blood for rhythm.

About 1/2, I'd say.
Bull Hockey.....I've got rhythm and I don't have a drop of latino blood in me.  I've got German, Irish, and Russian blood in me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions