Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Eric Smith Civil Suit (Merged)

Re: Eric Smith Civil Suit (Merged)
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2009, 05:52:33 PM »
According to Shane Corn the two other players with Smith were D. Adams and N. Thorpe. 

Shouldn't matter.

The situation has been dealt with.  If they want money, fine.  Sue for money. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2009, 07:01:44 PM »
I say take that shit to Trial....If I'm Eric Smith's attorney, I'm loving it that Wendy Crew went on the Fuckhead talk show and tried to "Taint the Jury" with her graphic dipictions of the incident and the entire lawsuit....not a good idea.  Does that put Mrs. Crew in line for possible Disbarment?  Probably not.  But, ES's attorney can ask for a change of venue, meaning out of state, correct?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2009, 09:02:19 PM »
I heard Neiko was supposed to be the one that clocked the dude....but Jenkins made one juke move and left Thorpe standing there.

Smith had to chase him down.

Darren Bates was nowhere to be found.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2009, 09:28:20 PM »
I heard Neiko was supposed to be the one that clocked the dude....but Jenkins made one juke move and left Thorpe standing there.

Darren Bates was nowhere to be found.
Nicely Played Sir!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2009, 10:32:02 PM »
From a lawyer who read the case file:

It is short and poorly written. ES is the only named defendant. However, the complaint goes back and forth between "defendant" and "defendants." The claim for punitive damages is laughable and not supported by the law. She attempts to get punitive damages because of ES's status as a "well known football figure" and to deter future conduct by him and "others in his position."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

BZ770

• BZ770 Is The Most Interesting Person On The X
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2009, 11:05:58 PM »
She said if you talk to the "black" students at AU they are afraid of the football team and that there are a few of the players that don't deserve to be on the team.

I had a friend at Auburn whose parents were from Zimbabwe, He grew up in Bham, but he was terrified of most Black People.  I always found that funny, he listened to Pearl Jam and played role playing games.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2009, 10:40:10 AM »

I had a friend at Auburn whose parents were from Zimbabwe, He grew up in Bham, but he was terrified of most Black People.  I always found that funny, he listened to Pearl Jam and played role playing games.

It's just the cultural differences.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2009, 10:46:01 AM »
It's just the cultural differences.

So you're saying that people from Zimbabwe are really in to World of Warcraft?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2009, 11:12:00 AM »
No the ones that make it here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2009, 12:37:21 PM »

Darren Bates was nowhere to be found jumped on the pile after the fight was done.

Fixed
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2009, 04:51:32 PM »
Just make sure you're on this board at about 5:00pm, we'll tell you who won.
I was here, looking for you to tell me who won.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #71 on: November 28, 2009, 04:59:35 PM »
I was here, looking for you to tell me who won.....
I would've told you that Auburn lost the game.  The reason why I made that post was because I figured that you didn't even watch the game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

JR4AU

« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2009, 06:15:15 PM »
Some points and thoughts on this...

I've dealt with Wendy Crew professionally.  She does lots of domestic relations, and is also a 1983 suit guru.  (That's civil rights violations for you non legal types)  I dealt with her on one such suit.  I can't disclose a lot, but it involved a person in law enforcement and sexual favors/contact.  There were criminal charges, and a civil suit.  When you hear her talk about "justice" remember this...in the matter I was involved in, they got paid via settlement in on the civil side...when the criminal matter came up for trial, the "victim" was on a cruise...crimial case dismissed.

Lots of things stink about this case.  On one hand she's claiming lasting/permanent injury, yet she did nothing (and she was involved at the time) to see that the case was presented to a grand jury for felony Assault II charges.  Victims have a little say in how criminal matters are disposed of, and if he had permanent injuries it should have been a felony.  It was handled in city court where misdemeanors are handled...where she claims the police and prosecutors "did everything right" as she put it on the F'bomb show.   

Theres supposed to be a video according F'bomb (which he claims will make your hair stand on end at the violence), but Crew hasn't seen it?  One claim or the other is bullshit!

F'bomb claims police watched this brutal attack that Crew claims left her client laying unconscience in a "pool of blood", but police (who did everthing right) merely walked over and help him up, and Smith walked or ran off, depending on who is telling the story. 

It's no coincidence that from the get go Shane has been talking about "civil suits to be filed" with F'bomb playing along.  I heard this prior to his guilty plea.  By the way, any guilty plea would have neccessarily included a claim for restitution for medical bills, and been ordered by the court either by the agreement of the parties, or after a hearing proving them, or in the alternative the victim could waive them and sue for them civilly.  IF it was set then, they'll have a very hard time claiming more at this point.  And any they got paid will offset what they collect. 

Kaos mentioned the timing.  In fact, cases like this usually (any of you civil lawyers can correct me here if I'm wrong) involve the sending of letters to potential defendants with claims, in hopes that it will go away quietly with a settlement before any suit is ever filed.  Filing suit with no such requests for settlement, and doing so this quickly smacks of grandstanding and publicity whoring.  The EXACT timing isn't going unnoticed either.   Finally, I'd have to see her complaint, but IF she alleged an intentional assault, no insurance will pay, at least none associated with Eric Smith.  She'd have to have a negligence claim against the hotel for failure to provide security, OR against Auburn U. for something else.   That's coming folks, bank on it...they're already setting it up...Eric Smith has no money, and aint no NFL prospect either. 

So, one of two things is set to happen here.  They either find some way to make a claim against AU (I don't do civil work, and don't know how they'd get to that), OR they intend to play this out in the media to hurt Auburn's recruiting with allegations of "gangs on the football team" and "students terrorized by some group of players".   Well know more when there's matters about this case that are suddenly news worthy around the middle of January, that play out, oh til about NSD.  The other is they hope to get a wad of cash out of Auburn, or that hotel, and as a by product smear Auburn in the process. 

Questions I have: How did a misdemeanor/YO pled college ass-whippin' turn in to a Fed. Civil Suit?    How did Wendy Crew (who happens to be, lets say, a "friend" of the F'bomb network) come to be the name put in this young victim's mother's ear when, by her claim, because her son was charged in a cross complaint he needed an attorney.  How the fuck did she come to hire Wendy Crew, who claims to be on retained on a contengency basis, and who doesn't do criminal defense, and works in Birmingham for the most part?  How did Shane and F'bomb know this was coming, and clearly they did from nearly the start?

Somebody with some time
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions