No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Argo

Re: Eric Smith Civil Suit (Merged)
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2009, 07:52:44 PM »
Dear Sir,

If you knew anything, which you don't, you would know that to file a civil case in federal court that does not deal with a federal question, you need diversity of citizenship and you have to meet the $75,000 amount in controversy requirement.

Signed,

J. Cochran

Let me rephrase my dialect in a way that you, Mr Cochran, will understand.  

It's all bout da bigheads, yo.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 07:55:09 PM by Argo »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2009, 08:08:50 PM »
Okay a few things stand out to me about this whole situation....apparently Decari was just minding his own business, didn't do anything, just standing there with a certain woman friend (something that Fuckhead and Shithead never asked who the woman was....word on the skreets was that it was Eric Smith's Ex-girlfriend) and that was it, apparently Decari didn't say or do anything to provoke a sober Smith.

This:
This is the first time additional Auburn football players have been accused of being involved in the Aug. 21 incident, which led to Smith's arrest and his missing one football game. Jenkins claims in the suit that when Smith was handcuffed, other Auburn football players identified Smith as a player and asked Auburn police "what could be done."

I thought Decari was knocked unconsious when Eric Smith donkey punched him...so, how could he claim anything after being knocked out?

and this:
Jenkins says he escaped and fled down the outside stairway to the front of the hotel. While outside, Jenkins claims, Smith ran toward him and punched him in the back of his head with four Auburn city police officers standing nearby.

Again, how could you claim knowing who hit you in the back of your head and knocked you unconsious (while trying to call someone).  Also, why was there 4 Auburn city police officers standing not far away?  Earlier reporters where that they were arresting someone else when all of this happened....but now, they were just there?  Eating a donut or something?

Also with the way that Mrs. Crew was making it sound like, the police officers just sat there and watched it all unfold...again, while eating a donut.  Fuckhead even asked her if the officers did anything.  That's when she said, oh yeah, they arrested him.  I loved how she kept going into detail about the oozing blood, gushing everywhere...blood all over the place, again, while the Auburn police officers just stood there.  This was a completely one sided story and the other side of the story, more than likely, won't be told on the Fuckhead talk show.  Eventhough, he'll keep asking for other people to come forward, from the other side of the story.

Oh yeah, and apparently he and Shithead have seen a video of all of this transpiring, at first he said that he saw it a month or two ago...then he quickly said a week or two ago.  So basically, there's not a video...but he's not going to let that hurt his story, that'll be talked about until....Dec. 21st 2012.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2009, 08:18:43 PM »
She did not shed any light on anything we didn't already know.  Smith beat the phuck out of a guy. 

He was granted YO in municipal court.  She stated the PD acted properly and they were the ones who filed the charges.  Anything else is just smoke and mirrors to get a check.   

I still suspect his mommy went to the athletic department with her hand out and when they said phuck off, she then started shopping for lawyers.       
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2009, 08:21:45 PM »
Okay a few things stand out to me about this whole situation....apparently Decari was just minding his own business, didn't do anything, just standing there with a certain woman friend (something that Fuckhead and Shithead never asked who the woman was....word on the skreets was that it was Eric Smith's Ex-girlfriend) and that was it, apparently Decari didn't say or do anything to provoke a sober Smith.

This:
I thought Decari was knocked unconsious when Eric Smith donkey punched him...so, how could he claim anything after being knocked out?

and this:
Again, how could you claim knowing who hit you in the back of your head and knocked you unconsious (while trying to call someone).  Also, why was there 4 Auburn city police officers standing not far away?  Earlier reporters where that they were arresting someone else when all of this happened....but now, they were just there?  Eating a donut or something?

Also with the way that Mrs. Crew was making it sound like, the police officers just sat there and watched it all unfold...again, while eating a donut.  Fuckhead even asked her if the officers did anything.  That's when she said, oh yeah, they arrested him.  I loved how she kept going into detail about the oozing blood, gushing everywhere...blood all over the place, again, while the Auburn police officers just stood there.  This was a completely one sided story and the other side of the story, more than likely, won't be told on the Fuckhead talk show.  Eventhough, he'll keep asking for other people to come forward, from the other side of the story.

Oh yeah, and apparently he and Shithead have seen a video of all of this transpiring, at first he said that he saw it a month or two ago...then he quickly said a week or two ago.  So basically, there's not a video...but he's not going to let that hurt his story, that'll be talked about until....Dec. 21st 2012.
I really think the truth is somewhere in the middle. The defendant's side of it is just way too squeaky clean. More than likely, both of them probably made some bad decisions that night.

Oh, and as for your second quote in your sig? I don't think I said that phrase anywhere.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2009, 08:28:57 PM »
I really think the truth is somewhere in the middle. The defendant's side of it is just way too squeaky clean. More than likely, both of them probably made some bad decisions that night.

Oh, and as for your second quote in your sig? I don't think I said that phrase anywhere.
I agree...the truth is in the middle.  When Mrs. Crew said that Decari went outside and was calling someone, before (her words) "Eric Smith used monumental force when hitting her client in the back of the head", who was he calling?  His "boys"?

Also, you started a topic about the quote.  

This:
Not making fun of any AU player getting hurt. Just making fun of Ben Tate being a bitch.

and This:
There's 3 Yes votes

So yeah, you said it.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 08:35:45 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2009, 08:38:21 PM »
I agree...the truth is in the middle.  When Mrs. Crew said that Decari went outside and was calling someone, before (her words) "Eric Smith used monumental force when hitting her client in the back of the head", who was he calling?  His "boys"?

Also, you started a topic about the quote.  

So yeah, you said it.

Also, there's 3 votes and you were one of them.
Soooo, are you just going ahead and saying y'all are going to lose to Alabama? I'm trying to figure out where "when" came from? The question was:

Will Ben Tate cry like a bitch on the sidelines if Alabama beats Auburn?

But hey, if Alabama winning means you're going to put a fail in your sig, then I'm ok with that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2009, 08:43:41 PM »
Soooo, are you just going ahead and saying y'all are going to lose to Alabama? I'm trying to figure out where "when" came from? The question was:

Will Ben Tate cry like a bitch on the sidelines if Alabama beats Auburn?

But hey, if Alabama winning means you're going to put a fail in your sig, then I'm ok with that.
Just make sure you're on this board at about 5:00pm, we'll tell you who won.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2009, 10:07:46 PM »
A couple of things to keep in mind.  This is strictly a publicity stunt...whatever the motivations may be. Criminal charges were filed against Smith.  Those will play out in Court, whether they prosecute the case and take it to trial or Smith reaches some agreement, whether he pleas through Deferred Prosecution, charges are dropped etc. Smith isn't going to do jail time and if whatever happens is made public, it's a travesty.

Now, this is a civil suit filed against Smith and claiming money damages.  As AWK said, claiming in excess of $75K, which is mandatory to go through that Court system.  First, it changes nothing and has no bearing on whether or not Chizik should change his stance on Smith's eligibility.  Second, she is suing an individual, Eric Smith.  The University is NOT liable no matter how she wants to portray it in her Complaint.  Auburn University doesn't owe Eric Smith a defense any more than they owe Joe Fratboy a defense for donkey punching Pete Preppy on Toomer's Corner at midnight.  This has nothing to do with the University or the Auburn Football Program.  If they are named or brought in..they file a DJ action and they're out.  So, let's say they go forward with their suit and take it to a jury and get a verdict for $16 Kwazillion. Who is going to pay that judgment?  The University? No. Eric Smith's family's Homeowner policy? No.  Eric Smith? Sure...if they want $22.00/mo.  So what do they gain? 

Bottom line..publicity stunt with motives far beyond trying to help her poor, tortured, brain dead, permanently injured client. Hmmm...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Token

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2009, 10:27:55 PM »
Bottom line..publicity stunt with motives far beyond trying to help her poor, tortured, brain dead, permanently injured client. Hmmm...

Operation RedDog counterstrike.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2009, 10:32:33 PM »
Operation RedDog counterstrike.

ORDC?  Hadn't thought of that one.  You could be on to something.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2009, 11:11:40 PM »
A couple of things to keep in mind.  This is strictly a publicity stunt...whatever the motivations may be. Criminal charges were filed against Smith.  Those will play out in Court, whether they prosecute the case and take it to trial or Smith reaches some agreement, whether he pleas through Deferred Prosecution, charges are dropped etc. Smith isn't going to do jail time and if whatever happens is made public, it's a travesty.

Now, this is a civil suit filed against Smith and claiming money damages.  As AWK said, claiming in excess of $75K, which is mandatory to go through that Court system.  First, it changes nothing and has no bearing on whether or not Chizik should change his stance on Smith's eligibility.  Second, she is suing an individual, Eric Smith.  The University is NOT liable no matter how she wants to portray it in her Complaint.  Auburn University doesn't owe Eric Smith a defense any more than they owe Joe Fratboy a defense for donkey punching Pete Preppy on Toomer's Corner at midnight.  This has nothing to do with the University or the Auburn Football Program.  If they are named or brought in..they file a DJ action and they're out.  So, let's say they go forward with their suit and take it to a jury and get a verdict for $16 Kwazillion. Who is going to pay that judgment?  The University? No. Eric Smith's family's Homeowner policy? No.  Eric Smith? Sure...if they want $22.00/mo.  So what do they gain? 

Exactly. 

This is a lawyer trying to get a name, and a dumbass plaintiff.  Also, the media just loves this kind of shit. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

RWS

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2009, 11:37:34 PM »

He already pled guilty in court and got youthful offender status.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2009, 06:10:26 AM »
He already pled guilty in court and got youthful offender status.

I didn't know he made a plea.  You don't have to make a guilty plea to get YO. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2009, 09:14:46 AM »
Character assassination.

Paul Finebaum and any of his REC brethren will do anything - ANYTHING - to disparage the athletics program at Auburn University as well as the coaches associated with it.

This whole gang mentality bullshit is just another way to introduce criticism of coaches Finebaum deemed as "thugish" a while back.

That's all this is.

Bammers are never satisfied with being on top. They have to see others suffer needlessly in order to achieve climax and joy.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2009, 09:20:27 AM »
Every time I see those old Vikings and Brute Squad types in the commercials decking out their Capital One Credit cards....  I think Bammer....  Hmmm.....   Especially when the little bearded kid comes in and tells daddy that momma said the guys gotta go.

...just sayin...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2009, 09:39:20 AM »
I was going to bring this up this morning. 

Listen I know how Finescum operates...hes a shock jock, I get it.  He is also a bama fan or at least pretends to be one for ratings obviously.  The guy is a slimeball but he is good at what he does. 

I listen to him mostly because at least he talks SEC football and for the most part has on good guests.  I do so knowing of my own free will that he caters to that side, so I don't let it bother me.  I am in S. Florida so unless I want to hear about the U, I have to get my SEC fix from somewhere.

Anyways for those of you that don't listen or haven't heard, Finescum yesterday afternoon brought on the Lawyer who has filed a civil suit (on behalf of Decori Jenkins sp?) against Eric Smith.  Much like Sensible said it was a smear campaign of epic proportions.  Not much pisses me off or gets under my skin....this did, only because this has nothing to do with Auburn or Alabama or sports radio, what he did was utter and completely wrong.  How can you bring someone who is obviously biased and represent one side of the story against a kid who has made a mistake.  This lawyer painted the scenario (as they would) that her client did nothing, he was just attacked.  It was the biggest fucking joke I have ever heard.  I don't know the full details of the story, never will, but I am pretty confident that both parties were to blame that is usually the way it works.  I am also not saying Eric Smith is wrong, if they want to file a civil suit against him that is their right.  However for a member of the media to bring this lawyer in and effectively taint a listening audience purely for spite (because I can think of no other reason) is vile and disgusting. 

He is a piece of shit, and I will no longer bother to listen to him.  Anyone know of any other stations throughout the south that talk SEC football in the afternoons?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 09:40:25 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2009, 09:45:28 AM »
Well stated, Godfather. Unfortunately, there aren't many SEC-focused shows during his time slot. From 4 pm CST, you can hear Auburn homer talk on www.sportscallonline.com with Bill Cameron and associates. It's usually a fun show and is all-Auburn focused.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2009, 09:56:16 AM »
I don't know.  

You're both right on everything you say, and to be honest, I agree with 98% of it.   However, there's this little 2% still there pointing out that in the four years I've been traveling around the south for work, and every stretch of the SEC, very few even know who Paul Finebaum is.  

I point out that despite his efforts, even before this story, we're bringing in the number one recruit in the state (who's grown up with Finebaum and the campaigns he brings).  We're also bringing in the #1 recruits from at least two southern states.

In the end, I think he just does a really good job of pissing Auburn fans off that just can't seem to turn the dial when he comes on.  

I enjoy my XM and national sports talk, and when I'm ready for an Auburn, or SEC fix, I head to the boards here or talk with fellow Auburn folks that know better.

Just my opinion...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2009, 09:57:59 AM »
...we're bringing in the number one recruit in the state...

Who? I know we had some top guys, but wasn't aware we had the #1 player in the state.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions