Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

While Yall Are Busy In Shoutbox

Re: While Yall Are Busy In Shoutbox
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2009, 06:17:07 PM »
     Obviously we would like to have the kid be a Hog, but it's not like you get to offer them money anymore.  Well, unless you're Alabama and the kid plays in Memphis, I guess.  For whatever reason, some kids want to get away from home and is seems like Dyer is one of them.  Bama doesn't sign every player in Alabama either.
     I think Petrino's attitude is not that he doesn't want him, but if the kid doesn't want to be a hog then good luck to him.  He'll find someone else in Texas or Missouri or wherever.  Our current best running back if from Tallahassee of all places.
      The previous coach learned the errors of signing kids at all costs.  Of course, not signing them would probably have resulted in the same outcome, but you never know.  It would have been interesting to see what could have been in 07 with Dmac, Felix, and a Freshman QB named Mallet. 
     Either way, I think we'll be OK.  Hog futures are definitely on the rise.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2009, 06:32:33 PM »
Damnit boy.  I know you know how to make a row of nickels.  Just go weld this phuker's front door shut and then listen to him yell at his old lady about moving all of the twelve packs he's been saving up and gonna take to NY and get a nickel a can away from the back door so he can come out and kick your ass.  Then, when he gets outside, because he's really a lover and not a fighter, he decides not back up his threats of kicking your ass while he was welded into his trailer.
Stellar idea. About 8 tubes of JB weld should do it. It would be the ultimate in Halloween pranks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Argo

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2009, 06:39:17 PM »
You hogs.  Always with the jokes.

Dyer's problem is that he isn't an idiiot.  Petrino's offense has called 344 passing plays to 234 rushing plays.  Auburn has well over 400 rushing plays.  

Anyone remember the last running back ranked #1 coming out of high school in Arkansas?  What was that guy's name?

« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 06:40:49 PM by Argo »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2009, 09:54:32 PM »

Dyer's problem is that he isn't an idiiot.  Petrino's offense has called 344 passing plays to 234 rushing plays.  Auburn has well over 400 rushing plays.  

Anyone remember the last running back ranked #1 coming out of high school in Arkansas?  What was that guy's name?

Clyde Scott?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2009, 06:16:13 AM »

Bingo. Petrino's offense isn't known for its rushing attack.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

jadennis

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2009, 10:49:33 AM »

To be fair to Petrino, he'll do what works best for his team....which often is running the ball more than throwing it.  Mallet happens to be Ben Rothlesberger, but he'll run it if he has a feature back and an offensive line that can work in the running game.

From 2004 to 2006 Louisville had Stefan Lafors and Brian Brohm at QB, both very good.  But they also had Eric Shelton, Michael Bush, and Kolby Smith at running back over that span.  

Results?

2004 - 359 pass plays ; 534 rushing
2005 - 376 pass plays ; 472 rushing
2006 - 384 pass plays ; 483 rushing

That's 1,119 pass plays and 1,489 runs over a three year period.  

To say Petrino didn't want or need Dyer is pretty crazy.  Dyer didn't show much interest so Petrino moved on...happens all the time in every state to every program....no big deal.  But it's also crazy to say Dyer didn't have interest because Petrino doesn't run the ball or because he wanted to "leave the state".  He visited Auburn and felt at home and felt like it was the place for him, period.  If Auburn was located in Arkansas, he would have "stayed home".  It was about what he liked about Auburn, not what he didn't like about other programs.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 10:50:08 AM by jadennis »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2009, 02:50:26 PM »
Yes. I'm not going to let him slide whenever he implies that Arkansas didn't want Dyer. He's pulling a Prowler. He keeps saying how yes they would have taken him, blah blah, but RB wasn't a priority, or they had bigger on the board, etc etc. This is the second time he's pulled this. For him to try and say Arkansas not really looking for a back comes into play is total bullpoop.

What boartitz meant by "RB isn't a priority" is the RB unit is in MUCH less need of immediate impact players and depth than OL, DL, LB, DB, S, P and PK.  Priority for the running game is OL, not RB's.  And being the worst statistical defense in the SEC, obviously every defensive unit is a huge priority.  I only wish we had the quality and depth of guys like FR Wingo, FR Davis, SO Green, SO Johnson and SO Curtis at all the other positions like we do RB.

Contrary to what you obviously believe based on your comments about Petrino's recruiting, the evaluations of services like Scout/Rivals are not always gospel.  CB Darius Winston was rated a 6.1 5 star, #3 CB, #24 best overall player in the nation last year by Rivals.  He can't even break into our rotation and get playing time in the secondary of the SEC's WORST (i.e. 12th ranked) pass defense.  Meanwhile, true freshman CB David Gordon was in the starting lineup last Saturday vs. South Carolina.  Gordon was a 5.7 3 star, #38 CB with no national player ranking by Rivals in the same class as Winston.  How did your self-appointed "experts" at Rivals get that one SO wrong?

We understand you put all your faith in guys at Rivals/Scout/ESPN because they think so highly of Bama's recruits.  But the insinuation those guys are better talent evaluators than a guy like Bobby Petrino is absolutely ludicrous.  Ask one of the most credible football analysts today, Chris Mortensen, if you think I am wrong.  Whether right or wrong, Petrino DOES NOT like RB's under 6'0".  Those who boartitz and I both know who have stood next to Dyer say he is 5'6", 5'7" at best.  Dyer himself even talked about the fact he is much shorter than Petrino's preference on a statewide radio call-in show.  Bashing Petrino for his size standard before Dyer even plays one down of CFB is textbook "Ricky".

Couldn't be a more uninformed statement.  Before coming to Arkansas, Petrino's career play calling as a head coach was 57% run, 43% pass.  However, Petrino has had to rely more heavily upon the pass because of the personnel he has had in 2008 and 2009.  Michael Smith was hurt most of last year and this year.  Broderick Green had pneumonia earlier this season.  Knile Davis is coming off foot surgery in the offseason.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 02:58:33 PM by GenNormanSwinekopf »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2009, 03:01:24 PM »
To say Petrino didn't want or need Dyer is pretty crazy.  Dyer didn't show much interest so Petrino moved on...

Both Dyer and his Uncle said on statewide radio it was the other way around...they claimed Petrino was the one not showing interest.  Whether or not this was accurate, only Dyer and Petrino know.  Dyer may have expected more "love".  Who knows.  Auburn got a great RB and Arkansas has its share of RB's.  Win/Win for both programs.

Arkansas relies heavily on great football players to leave their home state so why should we be furious about a player leaving Arkansas?  We are getting at least 2 of the best players out of Oklahoma in the 2010 class.  We got one of the best players out of Missouri last year.  I would love to have Dyer, Ziemba and Burns in Hog uniforms, but every school deals with not landing EVERY in-state talented player.  However, Alabama fans seems to think it's our downfall if we lose one guy.  The good news is Petrino DGAF about Ricky's opinion.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 03:06:48 PM by GenNormanSwinekopf »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2009, 11:34:03 AM »
Both Dyer and his Uncle said on statewide radio it was the other way around...they claimed Petrino was the one not showing interest.  Whether or not this was accurate, only Dyer and Petrino know.  Dyer may have expected more "love".  Who knows.  Auburn got a great RB and Arkansas has its share of RB's.  Win/Win for both programs.

Arkansas relies heavily on great football players to leave their home state so why should we be furious about a player leaving Arkansas?  We are getting at least 2 of the best players out of Oklahoma in the 2010 class.  We got one of the best players out of Missouri last year.  I would love to have Dyer, Ziemba and Burns in Hog uniforms, but every school deals with not landing EVERY in-state talented player.  However, Alabama fans seems to think it's our downfall if we lose one guy.  The good news is Petrino DGAF about Ricky's opinion.
Don't sweat it. You guys just keep on culling guys like Dyer out of the state, and just keep preparing for more of this:

P.S.: Arky's RBs looked GREAT in this video!

If your coach just sits there and accepts that alot of great players in the state are going to leave, then thats a problem man. Its not like you guys are out there raping Oklahoma, etc for top shelf recruits. If you were, you would certainly have an argument. Arky has one 4* recruit right now in the 2010 class. Thats it. Ask AU fans what happens when your coach just accepts that stud players are going to go to a different school and he isn't going to put up a fight. Arky is damn near in the same position as they were last year, and that is WITH Mallett. What does that tell you?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 11:50:44 AM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2009, 02:04:02 PM »
P.S.: Arky's RBs looked GREAT in this video!

If your coach just sits there and accepts that alot of great players in the state are going to leave, then thats a problem man. 

As I stated above, Petrino doesn't just "accept" that "a lot" of great players are going to leave.  But I think he realizes that some are going to get away.  Does Saban sign every kid he wants in 'bama?  No.  Does that mean he just accepts it?

Arky has one 4* recruit right now in the 2010 class. Thats it. 

Thank you for your concern about our recruiting, but IMO we're looking pretty good with the guys we have and the ones we're after.  How many 4 and 5 star players did Utah have on the roster last year?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2009, 02:10:09 PM »
Ute smack.  Nice
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2009, 02:24:09 PM »
      How many 4 and 5 star players did Utah have on the roster last year?

What did the five fingers say to the face?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

RWS

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2009, 02:35:28 PM »
     As I stated above, Petrino doesn't just "accept" that "a lot" of great players are going to leave.  But I think he realizes that some are going to get away.  Does Saban sign every kid he wants in 'bama?  No.  Does that mean he just accepts it?

Thank you for your concern about our recruiting, but IMO we're looking pretty good with the guys we have and the ones we're after.  How many 4 and 5 star players did Utah have on the roster last year?
Of course he doesn't get every kid he wants in-state, however, we do cherry pick. Right now, we have the #1, #2, #4, #8, and #9 prospects in the state. For the '09 signing class, we got the #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, and #9 ranked prospects in-state. I'm pretty sure we cleaned up the top 10 in-state guys in the '08 class as well. For that matter, Alabama has in-state competition as well. Arkansas doesn't. While Arky doesn't have quite the well to dip from, the point still stands. And don't Oklahoma, Texas, etc me either. We have to compete with AU, UF, LSU, and UGA for recruits. So its not like its shooting fish in a barrel or anything.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2009, 02:58:49 PM »
How did Saban allow Dyer to go to Auburn? He must be the idiot. Doesn't he realize he has to play against him now?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2009, 03:13:52 PM »
How did Saban allow Dyer to go to Auburn? He must be the idiot. Doesn't he realize he has to play against him now?

They didn't want him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

RWS

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2009, 03:25:37 PM »
Oh, and reference your Utah smack: bitch, please. Yes, Utah beat us. Shit, even ULM beat us. You can use a once in a lifetime fluke happening to hang your hat on all you want. For that matter, its not like Utah was some horrendous team. They were a pretty damn good team in a BCS bowl, and they flat out out-schemed us with their no huddle. We had alot of intangibles going against us, but still, we lost, no matter what spin you apply. You act as if the loss to Utah was indicitave as to how our team matches up week in and week out during the season.

The thing is, Arkansas is proving they can't win with the low level talent they are brining in. Utah proved they could win with theirs, as evidenced by their undefeated season. Shit, Alabama isn't even the top team in the SEC, and we've kicked the living shit out of you guys the past two seasons. If not for AU shitting their pants, Arky would have the exact same amount of SEC wins this season as last; 1.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 03:28:30 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2009, 04:00:24 PM »
Oh, and reference your Utah smack: bitch, please. Yes, Utah beat us. Shit, even ULM beat us. You can use a once in a lifetime fluke happening to hang your hat on all you want.
Is it once in a lifetime when it happens every season so far?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2009, 05:00:28 PM »
Is it once in a lifetime when it happens every season so far?

And it's not just Saban.  Alabama just sucks.  Notice the following losses in their illustrious history: 

LA Tech (1997 and 1999)
Central Florida (2000)
Hawaii (2003)
LA Monroe (2007)
Southern Miss (2000)
Northern Illinois (2003)
Rice (1954-1956)
Villanova (1951)
Duke (1945)
Cumberland (1903)
Camp Gordon (1917)

And certainly don't forget

Carlisle Indian School (1914)

Once in a lifetime fluke my ass, you bunch of inbred losers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

jadennis

« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2009, 05:09:23 PM »
And it's not just Saban.  Alabama just sucks.  Notice the following losses in their illustrious history: 

LA Tech (1997 and 1999)
Central Florida (2000)
Hawaii (2003)
LA Monroe (2007)
Southern Miss (2000)
Northern Illinois (2003)
Rice (1954-1956)
Villanova (1951)
Duke (1945)
Cumberland (1903)
Camp Gordon (1917)

And certainly don't forget

Carlisle Indian School (1914)

Once in a lifetime fluke my ass, you bunch of inbred losers.

Those are low blows THS....

I prefer to point out the 1-12-1 all-time record verses Notre Dame and Texas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2009, 05:13:47 PM »
Camp Gordon?  You lost to Camp Gordon?  Holy shit man...Camp Gordon has never been in the top 40 in Rivals rankings and is laughingly known as the Vanderbilt of the MBC. (Military Base Conference)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."