No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: Oh and just to pile on...
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2009, 09:29:07 AM »
:
You cannot know for a fact that he will not be a better coach next year.  You cannot know for a fact what is going on in that locker room.  You are not some football psychic.  Until there is undisputable evidence - until he has been given a legitimate chance to make it or break it at Auburn - until there is no doubt whatsoever that Chizik sucks as a head coach -

I am pretty sure how this will turn out...nevermind...you're on a roll girl!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2009, 09:35:51 AM »
Link?

Just because this was coming from an outside source I thought I would look into these suspicious numbers.

I took the 3 leading rushers, 7 leading receivers, top 4 in interceptions, and anyone with at least 10 tackles (17 players), and checked on their background.

There are only two players out of those 27 players that came from the 2007 recruiting class, which was mostly McCarney's.  But the two from that class that are on the list above are both Chizik recruits, visiting and signing long after McCarney's November, 2006 resignation.

There are 8 from the 2008 class, Chizik's first full class.  There are 5 from his 2009 class that had committed prior to him leaving for Auburn (there could be more that he was recruiting and still committed later, but 5 that definitely committed before he left).

So that comes to 15 players, not FIVE, that Chizik brought in that are currently among the statistical leaders for Iowa State.

Most of the other current players not on the list that are playing significant roles are red-shirt Juniors and seniors, guys that were freshmen and sophomores for Chizik's two seasons.

So, does this make me feel better about what's happening here and now at Auburn, obviously not.  

Does it make me feel better that I suspected you were full of Bama poop and found out I was right...absolutely.

Me and somebody else here figured that number by checking NCAA participation reports and looking at stats earlier in the season. Perhaps I need to take a look back at it, but an AU fan came to the same conclusion I did, so I didn't just pull the number out of my ass. I know on all of the people I checked, I checked their story histories and other things to see if they were Chizik recruits that Rhoades inherited or guys that were all Rhoades, etc. in Chizik's last year. One difference from the beginning of the year that I have noticed is the normal starting QB was at ISU before Chizik even got there. For whatever reason a RS freshman (which would be a Chizik player) started at QB against Nebraska. Don't know if their regular starter is hurt or what. Still, its a player that Chizik had at his disposal for his final season at ISU. He chose not to use him.

Either way, just by glancing at the participation report of ISU vs. Nebraska it looks like the numbers have changed since earlier in the season.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 09:48:05 AM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

jadennis

« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2009, 11:08:52 AM »
Me and somebody else here figured that number by checking NCAA participation reports and looking at stats earlier in the season. Perhaps I need to take a look back at it, but an AU fan came to the same conclusion I did, so I didn't just pull the number out of my ass. I know on all of the people I checked, I checked their story histories and other things to see if they were Chizik recruits that Rhoades inherited or guys that were all Rhoades, etc. in Chizik's last year. One difference from the beginning of the year that I have noticed is the normal starting QB was at ISU before Chizik even got there. For whatever reason a RS freshman (which would be a Chizik player) started at QB against Nebraska. Don't know if their regular starter is hurt or what. Still, its a player that Chizik had at his disposal for his final season at ISU. He chose not to use him.

Either way, just by glancing at the participation report of ISU vs. Nebraska it looks like the numbers have changed since earlier in the season.

The starter against Nebraska was Jerome Tiller.  He committed to Chizik in August of 07 and was a true freshman in Chizik's last season.  With Austin Arnaud back, they red-shirtted Tiller last year.  He's a red-shirt freshman this year.  So yeah, technically he was "at his disposal", but he was a true freshman QB and they had Arnaud, who had played the year before, returning.  It's not like they kept starting Chris Todd when they had Vince Young sitting on the sidelines.  Arnaud had an injured hand apparently for the Nebraska game.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2009, 11:35:26 AM »
I've never met you, nor will I as far as either of us know but by reading your postings here I surmise that you are too young to remember what those years were like. Well with wait and see and short sighted attitudes like you are showing and the current coaches in place you are in a prime spot to get your taste of what the Barfield years were like.

Don't tell me I have no idea what the Barfield years were like.  Those were my formative years as an Auburn fan.  Auburn won the Iron Bowl the year I was born, and again in 1972, when I was 2, and then did not win again until I was 11 years old. You and I both know damn good and well that there is NO WAY that Chiz would be allowed to hang around at Auburn for five years with numbers like Barfield.  But no matter what, you cannot immediately and definitively declare Chiz a total wash and a Barfield clone after EIGHT GAMES.  Same thing this time next year?  I will be part of the mob, pitchfork in hand. But until then, you cannot say.  You are just so damn ready for him to go for whatever personal reasons you have that your postings and your opinions are blatantly one sided.  

I know Kaos invited you here, and yes, this is a truly open Auburn board.  But the beauty of an open board is that while you can post all the one sided, negative, irrationally Chiz-hating crap you want, you don't get a free pass on it when others have had enough.  Because this is an open board, I get to tell you what a jackass you are for gleefully watching my beloved Tigers have a shitty year.  Because this is an open board, I get to call you an asshole for crowing about how you just knew this was going to happen.

NOW you say you are an Auburn man – but your words say differently.  Your words say that you were pulling for Auburn to suck just so you could be right.  Your words say that you were pulling for Chiz to fail just so you could be right. You leave when things are good, and come back to gloat because you are so damn THRILLED to be right.  THAT is why folks call you a bammer.  You are gloating and taking pride and joy in Auburn’s failures.  If that is not a bammer attitude, then I am not sure what is.  We have Birmingham and Argo and RWS to hold up the inbred bammer flag – they don’t need help from you.

Maybe you truly are sorry for acting like a dick, and are trying to get back into our good graces.  Maybe you truly are miserable that Auburn is losing.  But if that is the case, you need to stop and think about what you post going forward, and what you have said in the past and how you have formed your thoughts on this board.  Maybe you are the world’s greatest Auburn fan – but like you pointed out – we don’t know you.  Probably (hopefully) never will.  So all we have to go on is what you write.  There is a HUGE difference between being disappointed and being pissed off and upset with the coaches and the playcalling, and what you are doing.  And as long as you keep writing the kinds of stuff we have all come to associate with you, people are going to continue to call you out.  And you will deserve it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2009, 11:44:08 AM »
Don't tell me I have no idea what the Barfield years were like.  Those were my formative years as an Auburn fan.  Auburn won the Iron Bowl the year I was born, and again in 1972, when I was 2, and then did not win again until I was 11 years old. You and I both know damn good and well that there is NO WAY that Chiz would be allowed to hang around at Auburn for five years with numbers like Barfield.  But no matter what, you cannot immediately and definitively declare Chiz a total wash and a Barfield clone after EIGHT GAMES.  Same thing this time next year?  I will be part of the mob, pitchfork in hand. But until then, you cannot say.  You are just so damn ready for him to go for whatever personal reasons you have that your postings and your opinions are blatantly one sided.  

I know Kaos invited you here, and yes, this is a truly open Auburn board.  But the beauty of an open board is that while you can post all the one sided, negative, irrationally Chiz-hating crap you want, you don't get a free pass on it when others have had enough.  Because this is an open board, I get to tell you what a jackass you are for gleefully watching my beloved Tigers have a shitty year.  Because this is an open board, I get to call you an asshole for crowing about how you just knew this was going to happen.

NOW you say you are an Auburn man – but your words say differently.  Your words say that you were pulling for Auburn to suck just so you could be right.  Your words say that you were pulling for Chiz to fail just so you could be right. You leave when things are good, and come back to gloat because you are so damn THRILLED to be right.  THAT is why folks call you a bammer.  You are gloating and taking pride and joy in Auburn’s failures.  If that is not a bammer attitude, then I am not sure what is.  We have Birmingham and Argo and RWS to hold up the inbred bammer flag – they don’t need help from you.

Maybe you truly are sorry for acting like a dick, and are trying to get back into our good graces.  Maybe you truly are miserable that Auburn is losing.  But if that is the case, you need to stop and think about what you post going forward, and what you have said in the past and how you have formed your thoughts on this board.  Maybe you are the world’s greatest Auburn fan – but like you pointed out – we don’t know you.  Probably (hopefully) never will.  So all we have to go on is what you write.  There is a HUGE difference between being disappointed and being pissed off and upset with the coaches and the playcalling, and what you are doing.  And as long as you keep writing the kinds of stuff we have all come to associate with you, people are going to continue to call you out.  And you will deserve it.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2009, 11:44:49 AM »
 :sw:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2009, 12:41:32 PM »

In summation...face...hand...palm.  Next?  :pwnd:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

chinook

« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2009, 12:51:59 PM »
i've got some ideas on a t-shirt for the tigersX market place.  

well not really, but someone with a bit of creativity needs to come up with a greasy / wench shirt.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 12:54:05 PM by chinook »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2009, 01:00:58 PM »
i've got some ideas on a t-shirt for the tigersX market place. 

well not really, but someone with a bit of creativity needs to come up with a greasy / wench shirt.
Don't bother.  I have said my piece and counted to three.  He will either wake up and understand why we all think he is a dick and a piece of bammer shit, or he won't.  Either way, he is off my radar and just not worthy of my further attention. 

A greasy spot beneath my stiletto heel, if you will. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Argo

« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2009, 01:22:47 PM »
For the record, I have not at any point, gleefully cheered at Auburn's misfortunes on this board. 

And I don't have sexual relations with my family members. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2009, 01:28:47 PM »
For the record, I have not at any point, gleefully cheered at Auburn's misfortunes on this board. 

What misfortunes?

This shit is part of the blueprint...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2009, 01:33:51 PM »

And I don't have sexual relations with my family members. 

Stop gleefully having sexual relations with our misfortunes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2009, 01:35:57 PM »
What misfortunes?

This shit is part of the blueprint...
I still say we are playin a base defense.  It is all a rouse to surprise bama at the end of the year.  Jacobs told Chiz the only game that matters is bama.  When we came out hot Chiz said shit Gus we are givin it all away, we need to hold back so we can win the game that matters, so Gus shut it down.  Hell Caudle is really our starter all along this is just a smoke screen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2009, 01:40:08 PM »
I still say we are playin a base defense.  It is all a rouse to surprise bama at the end of the year.  Jacobs told Chiz the only game that matters is bama.  When we came out hot Chiz said shit Gus we are givin it all away, we need to hold back so we can win the game that matters, so Gus shut it down.  Hell Caudle is really our starter all along this is just a smoke screen.

This is highly misfortunate
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Argo

« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2009, 02:05:40 PM »
Stop gleefully having sexual relations with our misfortunes.

Okay, I might be guilty here.  I'm not sure why, but shortly after LSU went up 14-0 Saturday night, I engaged in a little roughhousing amongst my bodily members.  I chalked it up to a Dateline commercial I saw on NBC while flipping channels, but it could have been related to Auburn's blueprint.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2009, 02:07:23 PM »
Okay, I might be guilty here.  I'm not sure why, but shortly after LSU went up 14-0 Saturday night, I engaged in a little roughhousing amongst my bodily members.  I chalked it up to a Dateline commercial I saw on NBC while flipping channels, but it could have been related to Auburn's blueprint.

Your ass and this?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Argo

« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2009, 02:12:08 PM »
Your ass and this?

I'm an old school kinda guy.  No artificial toys.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions