Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Oh and just to pile on...

Oh and just to pile on...
« on: October 25, 2009, 12:04:09 PM »
Iowa STATE upset Nebraska yesterday. 

They are now 5-3.  Paul Rhodes has tied Gene Chizik's win total while he was there.  Also, they have the same record as us. 

They're showing serious signs of improving after losing 35-3 to Iowa.  They went into Nebraska and won 9-7 and only need to defeat Texas A&M, Colorado, Oklahoma St, or Missouri to become bowl eligible for the first time in four years. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
Re: Oh and just to pile on...
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 08:42:05 PM »

They are now 5-3.  Paul Rhodes has tied Gene Chizik's win total while he was there.  Also, they have the same record as us. 

They're showing serious signs of improving after losing 35-3 to Iowa.  They went into Nebraska and won 9-7 and only need to defeat Texas A&M, Colorado, Oklahoma St, or Missouri to become bowl eligible for the first time in four years. 

Or you could say Gene left them better than their were when he got there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 08:44:00 PM »
Or you could say Gene left them better than their were when he got there.
I think Rhoades is only using 4-5 guys out of 22 that were exclusively Chizik recruits. The others are guys Chizik had at his disposal as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 09:06:49 PM »

We were just discussing this on our long trip back to New Orleans last night (by the way, Red Stick is a poorly planned college town and a shit hole to boot) and someone said it would be entirely possible that we could face ISU in one of the more shiteous bowl games.
He wasn't even trying to be funny.

I'm putting it out there now....if there is a God in this universe...that doesn't happen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 10:59:33 PM »
We were just discussing this on our long trip back to New Orleans last night (by the way, Red Stick is a poorly planned college town and a shit hole to boot) and someone said it would be entirely possible that we could face ISU in one of the more shiteous bowl games.
He wasn't even trying to be funny.

I'm putting it out there now....if there is a God in this universe...that doesn't happen.
Actually....it could happen and that would definitely not be a winning situation anyway we try to spin it.  Heaven help us if we were to lose to ISU, lol.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 10:49:47 AM »
Actually....it could happen and that would definitely not be a winning situation anyway we try to spin it.  Heaven help us if we were to lose to ISU, lol.
:suicide:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

jadennis

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 04:59:41 PM »
Latest bowl projections from College Football News....no lie.

Independence Bowl
December 28th, Shreveport LA, 5 pm ESPN
Big 12 No. 7 vs. SEC No. 8
Projection: Iowa State vs. Auburn

Other SEC projections:

Gaylord Hotels Music City Bowl
December 27th, Nashville TN, 8 pm, ESPN
ACC vs. SEC
Projection:  Boston College vs. Tennessee

Chick-fil-A Bowl
December 31, Atlanta GA, 7:30 pm ESPN
ACC No. 2 vs. SEC
Projection: Virginia Tech vs. South Carolina

Outback Bowl
January 1, Tampa FL, 11 am, ESPN
Big Ten No. 3 vs. SEC
Projection: Wisconsin vs. Ole Miss

Capital One Bowl
January 1, Orlando FL, 1 pm, ABC
Big Ten No. 2 vs. SEC No. 2
Projection: Ohio State vs. LSU

AutoZone Liberty Bowl
January 2, Memphis TN 5:30 pm ESPN
C-USA No. 1 vs. SEC No. 6
Projection: Houston vs. Georgia

AT&T Cotton Bowl
January 2, Arlington TX, 2 pm Fox
Big 12 No. 2 vs. SEC
Projection: Oklahoma vs. Arkansas

Papajohns.com Bowl
January 2, Birmingham AL 2 pm ESPN
Big East vs. SEC
Projection: West Virginia vs. Kentucky

Allstate Sugar Bowl
January 1, New Orleans, LA 8:30 pm Fox
BCS vs. BCS (SEC Champion, if available)
Projection: Alabama vs. Cincinnati

Citi BCS National Championship
January 7, Pasadena, CA, 8 pm Fox
BCS No. 1 vs. BCS No. 2
Projection: Florida vs. Texas
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2009, 05:02:49 PM »
 :suicide: :fag: :suicide:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Greaseyweasel

• Love Auburn, Hate chizik. 'nuff said.
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2009, 05:18:39 PM »
It would be truly a fitting end to this debacle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You've got to learn to stand for something

or you'll fall for anything.

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2009, 05:29:13 PM »
Please people...Iowa State doesn't have the facilities to beat us. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2009, 05:31:05 PM »
It would be truly a fitting end to this debacle.
What happened to the Ignore button?  I am as disappointed as anyone by the performance this season, but I do not want or need this assclown's take on the situation.  He leaves the X in a snit when the going was good and it looked like he was full of shit, and then comes back only to be a dick and prance around like a ghey flower girl, throwing his pastel "I told you so!" petals in the air.  I personally do not see him as a  person worthy of the use of our bandwidth, but that is not my decision.  But I sure as HELL do not have to read his crap.

Where is the damn Ignore button?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2009, 05:39:52 PM »
If it was up your ass turning cartwheels you would be grinning like a maniac and happy.
Lets get something straight. I did not leave in a snit "While we were winning".  I had other things going on and would only post on Wednesdays.
Why?
Because you were too fucking busy slapping yourself around and dancing about what a great fucking hire this was.  I knew it was not and NEVER wavered in the first degree about it. I just slowed down and watched you shit and fall back in it.....chizik style.
Besides we will not play ISU in Shreveport. As another poster on this same thread said there absolutely ZERO (0) upside to that. We will just decide that it is in the best interest of Auburn to skip the bowl game all together since we have a track record of an athletic director and head coach who duck any and all chances of playing in games that might make them look bad. Now if they will go ahead and move our Arky state matchup to Shreveport in Dec. we will go for that.
Folks like me or more likely hate me but we have cowardly pussies for coaches and it is starting to show. I said they couldn't out coach anyone in the SEC and so far it looks like I'm pretty close on my mark.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2009, 05:46:04 PM »
I think Rhoades is only using 4-5 guys out of 22 that were exclusively Chizik recruits. The others are guys Chizik had at his disposal as well.

Link?

Just because this was coming from an outside source I thought I would look into these suspicious numbers.

I took the 3 leading rushers, 7 leading receivers, top 4 in interceptions, and anyone with at least 10 tackles (17 players), and checked on their background.

There are only two players out of those 27 players that came from the 2007 recruiting class, which was mostly McCarney's.  But the two from that class that are on the list above are both Chizik recruits, visiting and signing long after McCarney's November, 2006 resignation.

There are 8 from the 2008 class, Chizik's first full class.  There are 5 from his 2009 class that had committed prior to him leaving for Auburn (there could be more that he was recruiting and still committed later, but 5 that definitely committed before he left).

So that comes to 15 players, not FIVE, that Chizik brought in that are currently among the statistical leaders for Iowa State.

Most of the other current players not on the list that are playing significant roles are red-shirt Juniors and seniors, guys that were freshmen and sophomores for Chizik's two seasons.

So, does this make me feel better about what's happening here and now at Auburn, obviously not.  

Does it make me feel better that I suspected you were full of Bama poop and found out I was right...absolutely.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 05:49:39 PM by jadennis »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2009, 05:50:11 PM »
If it was up your ass turning cartwheels you would be grinning like a maniac and happy.
Lets get something straight. I did not leave in a snit "While we were winning".  I had other things going on and would only post on Wednesdays.
Why?
Because you were too fucking busy slapping yourself around and dancing about what a great fucking hire this was.  I knew it was not and NEVER wavered in the first degree about it. I just slowed down and watched you shit and fall back in it.....chizik style.
Besides we will not play ISU in Shreveport. As another poster on this same thread said there absolutely ZERO (0) upside to that. We will just decide that it is in the best interest of Auburn to skip the bowl game all together since we have a track record of an athletic director and head coach who duck any and all chances of playing in games that might make them look bad. Now if they will go ahead and move our Arky state matchup to Shreveport in Dec. we will go for that.
Folks like me or more likely hate me but we have cowardly pussies for coaches and it is starting to show. I said they couldn't out coach anyone in the SEC and so far it looks like I'm pretty close on my mark.

HAHAHAHA....you are so full of shit.

Fuck you dude...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2009, 06:04:09 PM »
HAHAHAHA....you are so full of shit.

Fuck you dude...
Oh?? Then we are going to play in Atlanta in the dick filet thing next year? Like my hero chopper I just call'em as I see'm.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2009, 06:10:34 PM »
Oh?? Then we are going to play in Atlanta in the dick filet thing next year? Like my hero chopper I just call'em as I see'm.

You apparently haven't read anything I have posted if you think that.

Who am I kidding? You are so self absorbed with your "I told you so" preaching...you can't actually look at what anyone else has to say.

Fuck you dude...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2009, 06:34:12 PM »
Please people...Iowa State doesn't have the facilities to beat us. 

Yep.  Thank God nobody can win there. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Greaseyweasel

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2009, 07:20:44 PM »
You apparently haven't read anything I have posted if you think that.

Who am I kidding? You are so self absorbed with your "I told you so" preaching...you can't actually look at what anyone else has to say.

Fuck you dude...
No
I think that NOW is the time to cut the fucking cord.
I think that NOW is the time Auburn is starting to wake up.
I think that NOW we can actually be heard and can do something positive for Auburn.

I am not I told you soing, that would be redundant. I have NOT quit preaching this since I heard this colossal cluster fuck was going down. I canceled my season tickets, Refused to send in the regular donation from the family trust. Made phone calls, drove down, beat on fucking doors and got told by unfucking believable idiots that "This is a good fit.". Got laughed at by BOT members since "Coach Dye says he is the man for the job.".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2009, 07:33:30 PM »
No
I think that NOW is the time to cut the fucking cord.
I think that NOW is the time Auburn is starting to wake up.
I think that NOW we can actually be heard and can do something positive for Auburn.

I am not I told you soing, that would be redundant. I have NOT quit preaching this since I heard this colossal cluster fuck was going down. I canceled my season tickets, Refused to send in the regular donation from the family trust. Made phone calls, drove down, beat on fucking doors and got told by unfucking believable idiots that "This is a good fit.". Got laughed at by BOT members since "Coach Dye says he is the man for the job.".

This is why no one respects you as a poster.  You're bizarro David Ward on steroids.  
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 08:16:27 PM by townhallsavoy »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2009, 08:15:56 PM »
I have NOT quit preaching this since I heard this colossal cluster fuck was going down.

BULL FUCKING SHIT!!!

You fucking put a self "only post on Wednesdays when it is raining and my boss where's his purple tie to work" restriction on your "preaching". Now you come on here every minute of every day saying you never left Bullshit dude.

Your shit is old and worn out...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions