Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Fun and nut punching

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
Re: Fun and nut punching
« Reply #180 on: September 16, 2009, 05:30:21 PM »
I agree...what I mean is that when that "go deep" call finally comes his way, it looks like he's going deep whether it's the best option or not.  So far, it's been there quite a bit when called on.  But when it's not, he doesn't seem comfortable giving up on it. 

Against better defenses, if he goes there even when it's not open, and does it off his back foot, he'll be a turnover machine. 

There was more than one pass he threw deep (incomplete) that not only was a corner with the receiver, but the safety was on top as well.  Like I mentioned in another post, and to the guy sitting next to me against MSU, Eric Berry will have a career day if Todd makes the same throws against Tennessee.

Were we not bitching incessantly last year because we NEVER threw deep?  Sometimes your receiver just has to make a play
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #181 on: September 16, 2009, 05:37:06 PM »
I don't see the going for it all mentality.  Honestly, I don't think he has but one or two choices when he comes to the line.  He's not one to look the field over for the open receiver and I don't think the plays are designed for him to do that.  I commented after the Spring game that it looks like the QBs come to the line knowing exactly what they're supposed to do and who they're throwing to.  When he throws deep, it looks like that's what was called and what he was supposed to do from the start.
Yall need to read Gus's book. Really.
He sends in plays to look for, but the QB has the last option to the actual play call according to the defensive alignment. A heady QB makes this offense hummmm.
It is a mental game. Especially for a 1st year QB in the system.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #182 on: September 16, 2009, 05:55:32 PM »
Were we not bitching incessantly last year because we NEVER threw deep?  Sometimes your receiver just has to make a play

That's true, sometimes he does, but that usually is in one on one situation.  Trust your guy to beat the other guy, or throw it to his back shoulder, or throw it to the outside and count on him to go get it.  But don't make him make play against his man and a safety or two...and on a ball that's just falling like manna from the sky.

I mean, at this point, we're nit-picking a little, because things have worked out pretty well so far.  I'm saying most of this based on the fact that I know better defenses are coming, and some of what we've "gotten by" with so far won't have the same results in games to come.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

jmar

« Reply #183 on: September 16, 2009, 06:39:07 PM »
What is impressive is Todd's ability to bull over defenders, suddenly stop and reach full speed again by his third step. Oh wait, that was Bo Jackson.
That's true, sometimes he does, but that usually is in one on one situation.  Trust your guy to beat the other guy, or throw it to his back shoulder, or throw it to the outside and count on him to go get it.  But don't make him make play against his man and a safety or two...and on a ball that's just falling like manna from the sky.

I mean, at this point, we're nit-picking a little, because things have worked out pretty well so far.  I'm saying most of this based on the fact that I know better defenses are coming, and some of what we've "gotten by" with so far won't have the same results in games to come.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #184 on: September 16, 2009, 07:08:36 PM »
What is impressive is Todd's ability to bull over defenders, suddenly stop and reach full speed again by his third step. Oh wait, that was Bo Jackson.
                                  Gus Malzahn
                                    /         \
                                   /           \
                     Bo Jackson--------Tim Tebow
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #185 on: September 16, 2009, 07:11:59 PM »

Throwing deep or not isn the issue.

It's the fact that on throws of all types -- short and deep -- his lack of fundamental execution is a serious issue. If he doesn't launch fallaway jumpers or short arm passes receivers don't HAVE to make spectacular catches.

Frustrating because he sometimes shows he has tools. Frustrating and scary long term because he often doesn't use them properly.

We aren't talking about the scheme or plan of attack. Or at least I'm not. I'm talking about basic execution.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

boartitz

« Reply #186 on: September 16, 2009, 07:28:34 PM »
Throwing deep or not isn the issue.

It's the fact that on throws of all types -- short and deep -- his lack of fundamental execution is a serious issue. If he doesn't launch fallaway jumpers or short arm passes receivers don't HAVE to make spectacular catches.

Frustrating because he sometimes shows he has tools. Frustrating and scary long term because he often doesn't use them properly.

We aren't talking about the scheme or plan of attack. Or at least I'm not. I'm talking about basic execution.
From what I saw last Saturday, Todd is not capable. He's an adequate hander offer.
Yall need work on pitching AND catching. AND punting.
The SEC will catch up with yall if these areas ain't fixed.
Yall have good running backs, pretty good run blocking and a pretty good run defense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #187 on: September 16, 2009, 07:52:59 PM »
Hey boartitz, I was referring to the tools on this site, not the tools you use at your home.  :pwnd:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #188 on: September 16, 2009, 07:56:08 PM »
Hey boartitz, I was referring to the tools on this site, not the tools you use at your home.  :pwnd:
I ain't referred anything your way. If you are one of me, you know the words.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #189 on: September 16, 2009, 08:00:59 PM »
and who do you cheer for bitch tits?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

jmar

« Reply #190 on: September 16, 2009, 08:07:21 PM »
and who do you cheer for bitch tits?
I don't "cheer" for anyone dingleberry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #191 on: September 16, 2009, 08:10:18 PM »
I don't "cheer" for anyone dingleberry.
Just remember, :bc: loves you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

jmar

« Reply #192 on: September 16, 2009, 08:15:38 PM »
Of course  :bc: does. But that will only get you a ride to purgatory with me. What then?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #193 on: September 16, 2009, 08:23:36 PM »
Who is :bc: ? :pb:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #194 on: September 16, 2009, 08:37:02 PM »
This Guy:

RUN THE DAMN PLAY!!!!! HURRY UP, HURRY UP, HURRY UP, HURRY UP!!!!!!!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #195 on: September 16, 2009, 08:48:36 PM »
Alright, now we're getting somewhere. The guy's  :bc: to AU's offense, that's for sure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #196 on: September 16, 2009, 09:56:27 PM »
Of course  :bc: does. But that will only get you a ride to purgatory with me. What then?
Then we enjoy some Zima's... with Jolly Ranchers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #197 on: September 16, 2009, 09:59:03 PM »
and after the spankings...the oral sex.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #198 on: September 17, 2009, 12:01:58 AM »
He is currently walking among us mere mortals, disguised as a leader of Florida football men... perhaps you have heard of him?  If not, ask Verne Lundquist to get up off his knees, wipe off his mouth and explain.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #199 on: September 17, 2009, 12:07:49 AM »
He is currently walking among us mere mortals, disguised as a leader of Florida football men... perhaps you have heard of him?  If not, ask Verne Lundquist to get up off his knees, wipe off his mouth and explain.
Tebow will make a fine H-back/TE for some NFL team. .Bobby Douglass types went with the '70's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions