Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Fun and nut punching

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Fun and nut punching
« Reply #160 on: September 16, 2009, 03:26:46 PM »
I agree with the fact that he had some bad throws, but I was watching the replay earlier and noticed that during the first quarter he had an excellent pass...under pressure too.  It was on the first or second drive of the game.  I'm just saying, it wasn't all bad...I.e. Tennessee QB last week.

That's exactly what I said.  He made TWO passes where he stepped into the pressure/pocket and threw the ball properly. 

Both were dead solid perfect throws that hit the receiver in stride.  Both were 20+ yard gains. 

But there were only two. 

Wait until you get to the last drive of the first half.  Good gawd.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #161 on: September 16, 2009, 03:28:12 PM »
That's exactly what I said.  He made TWO passes where he stepped into the pressure/pocket and threw the ball properly. 

Both were dead solid perfect throws that hit the receiver in stride.  Both were 20+ yard gains. 

But there were only two. 

Wait until you get to the last drive of the first half.  Good gawd.   

Could be an effect of the HUNH offense.  He's trying too hard to speed things up possibly...happy back feet and all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #162 on: September 16, 2009, 03:34:21 PM »
I agree with the fact that he had some bad throws, but I was watching the replay earlier and noticed that during the first quarter he had an excellent pass...under pressure too.  It was on the first or second drive of the game.  I'm just saying, it wasn't all bad...I.e. Tennessee QB last week.

So can someone answer my previous question then?

I also hate to ask this but at this point (he IS a senior) and at this point in the season (after all summer and two games in) is he still coachable or have the bad habits set in beyond redemption?  Muscle memory, reflex, whathaveyou... In moments of stress we all revert instinctively to what we know... I can still see poor David Carr flinch the minute the ball was snapped in any Texan game... it was not possible to coach that away and he was done.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #163 on: September 16, 2009, 03:53:42 PM »

I also hate to ask this but at this point (he IS a senior) and at this point in the season (after all summer and two games in) is he still coachable or have the bad habits set in beyond redemption?  Muscle memory, reflex, whathaveyou... In moments of stress we all revert instinctively to what we know... I can still see poor David Carr flinch the minute the ball was snapped in any Texan game... it was not possible to coach that away and he was done.

You are the 5th Auburn fan I've heard make the fatal comparison to Carr...ugh starting not to feel so good.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #164 on: September 16, 2009, 03:54:21 PM »

It is my considered opinion that his habits cannot be coached out.

He will do fine until he is pressured the first time.  After that?  

It's worth noting that his throws were pretty okay in the first half until MSU put a hand on him and shoved him as he followed through.  He was for shit after that.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #165 on: September 16, 2009, 03:55:08 PM »

I have watched a lot of football, and I think it comes down to one thing.  Todd gets antsy and wants to hit the big play rather than settling for a first down. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

jadennis

« Reply #166 on: September 16, 2009, 04:17:58 PM »
I have watched a lot of football, and I think it comes down to one thing.  Todd gets antsy and wants to hit the big play rather than settling for a first down. 

I can see that too.  In his head, it's like he's planning on it leading up to the play call.  It's run, run, run, run, and then in his head "boom" (insert John Madden voice), hit them for a 40 yard pass play.  I don't see him taking the play as it happens, I see him anticipating what he expects to do....hit it for a big play.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

jadennis

« Reply #167 on: September 16, 2009, 04:19:16 PM »
Maybe he's tentative because of his recent surgery.  Maybe he fears getting the Sam Bradford pancake treatment. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #168 on: September 16, 2009, 04:23:49 PM »
You are the 5th Auburn fan I've heard make the fatal comparison to Carr...ugh starting not to feel so good.....
Lots of us out here in Houston... :sad: We are experts in detecting "The Flinch"...  The memories are only too fresh...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #169 on: September 16, 2009, 04:24:36 PM »
Isn't Todd like 5 or 6 and 1 as a starter at Auburn?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #170 on: September 16, 2009, 04:28:19 PM »
Isn't Todd like 5 or 6 and 1 as a starter at Auburn?

If this is true, it reminds me of your golf game.  Off a tree here.  Off the sprinkler head there.  Scuff marks from mulitple cart paths hit....but one under par anyway.

Amazing...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
« Reply #171 on: September 16, 2009, 04:35:09 PM »
If this is true, it reminds me of your golf game.  Off a tree here.  Off the sprinkler head there.  Scuff marks from mulitple cart paths hit....but one under par anyway.

Amazing...

Can't help that I've got game
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #172 on: September 16, 2009, 04:38:10 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
« Reply #173 on: September 16, 2009, 04:40:38 PM »
Todd started the 1st 4 games last year 3-1
Todd started the 1st 2 games this year 2-0

While they are definately not top notch wins, he is still 5-1 as a starter

I remember how much we bitched about Brandon Cox and then how much we wish we had him back.  Somehow found a way to win most of the time.  Just saying, maybe Todd can do the same.  He may not be the most fundamentally sound QB in history, but he seems to be leading the team pretty well so far.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #174 on: September 16, 2009, 04:48:25 PM »
Todd started the 1st 4 games last year 3-1
Todd started the 1st 2 games this year 2-0

While they are definately not top notch wins, he is still 5-1 as a starter

I remember how much we bitched about Brandon Cox and then how much we wish we had him back.  Somehow found a way to win most of the time.  Just saying, maybe Todd can do the same.  He may not be the most fundamentally sound QB in history, but he seems to be leading the team pretty well so far.

Go drink some more...you kitten rainbow lover.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
« Reply #175 on: September 16, 2009, 04:50:05 PM »
Go drink some more...you kitten rainbow lover.

Just cracked my first beer, It's RV week!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #176 on: September 16, 2009, 05:01:47 PM »
Just cracked my first beer, It's RV week!
Hells Yes!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #177 on: September 16, 2009, 05:08:52 PM »
I don't see the going for it all mentality.  Honestly, I don't think he has but one or two choices when he comes to the line.  He's not one to look the field over for the open receiver and I don't think the plays are designed for him to do that.  I commented after the Spring game that it looks like the QBs come to the line knowing exactly what they're supposed to do and who they're throwing to.  When he throws deep, it looks like that's what was called and what he was supposed to do from the start.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jadennis

« Reply #178 on: September 16, 2009, 05:18:50 PM »
I don't see the going for it all mentality.  Honestly, I don't think he has but one or two choices when he comes to the line.  He's not one to look the field over for the open receiver and I don't think the plays are designed for him to do that.  I commented after the Spring game that it looks like the QBs come to the line knowing exactly what they're supposed to do and who they're throwing to.  When he throws deep, it looks like that's what was called and what he was supposed to do from the start.

I agree...what I mean is that when that "go deep" call finally comes his way, it looks like he's going deep whether it's the best option or not.  So far, it's been there quite a bit when called on.  But when it's not, he doesn't seem comfortable giving up on it. 

Against better defenses, if he goes there even when it's not open, and does it off his back foot, he'll be a turnover machine. 

There was more than one pass he threw deep (incomplete) that not only was a corner with the receiver, but the safety was on top as well.  Like I mentioned in another post, and to the guy sitting next to me against MSU, Eric Berry will have a career day if Todd makes the same throws against Tennessee.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

- Reggie Torbor

boartitz

« Reply #179 on: September 16, 2009, 05:29:18 PM »
One thing yall have going for you is Gus.
If Todd does not make the pass plays early, they will be winnowed in favor of something that does work.
Last week, the run game carried things. If that continues to work, look for more of the same.
Ideally, Gus likes the threat of deep pass capability. If its not there, he'll adjust.
That is yall's missing piece of the puzzle on offense right now.
I know yall can hit one, but the threat to do it at any time has not been established . YET.
Dammit. I hate that yall's game and ours are on at the same time this weekend. It'll be hell flipping back and forth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions