Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Yang Slays a Tiger

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Yang Slays a Tiger
« on: August 16, 2009, 07:16:26 PM »
Y.E. Yang just took Tiger down at the last major of the year.  Pretty historic stuff with it being the first Asian in a bazillion years, if ever, to win a major.  Also, Tiger hasn't blown a final round lead since 1776.  Every single hole, you kept waiting on the stars to align again and all be right with the golfing world.  However, Tiger just never pulled off anything special and Yang stayed steady down the stretch. 

Yang's approach on 18 will go down as one of the best ever.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Re: Yang Slays a Tiger
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 07:52:42 PM »
Y.E. Yang just took Tiger down at the last major of the year.  Pretty historic stuff with it being the first Asian in a bazillion years, if ever, to win a major.  Also, Tiger hasn't blown a final round lead since 1776.  Every single hole, you kept waiting on the stars to align again and all be right with the golfing world.  However, Tiger just never pulled off anything special and Yang stayed steady down the stretch. 

The shot on 18 was insane considering the circumstances.  A #3 hybrid from 220ish, out of the left rough and over trees to just under six feet.   

Tiger was just stale all day.  Couldn't get anything to move and his distance control was awful. 

Good for Yang!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 09:20:50 PM »
First South Korean to ever win a Major. I was pulling for him...I always pull for the guys who have never won a major before if they are in it on the last day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 09:27:42 PM »
First South Korean to ever win a Major. I was pulling for him...I always pull for the guys who have never won a major before if they are in it on the last day.

First "Asian born" player period.  Amazing.  The Asian womenz are the titz on the LPGA right now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Argo

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 09:41:05 PM »
미국사람 여자 먹고 싶습니다
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 09:56:01 PM »
Tiger is finding out what it is like with having something in your life other than golf. 2 years ago he ate, drank and shit golf. You can't do that with a wife and small children. Welcome to the real world Tiger. In my opinion, this evens things out a bit...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 01:09:34 AM »
Y.E. Yang just took Tiger down at the last major of the year.  Pretty historic stuff with it being the first Asian in a bazillion years, if ever, to win a major.  Also, Tiger hasn't blown a final round lead since 1776.  Every single hole, you kept waiting on the stars to align again and all be right with the golfing world.   However, Tiger just never pulled off anything special and Yang stayed steady down the stretch. 

Ah, but they did align.  They did. 

Bwaaaahaaaahaaahaaaahaaaaa...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 09:50:01 AM »
  A #3 hybrid from 220ish

Hybrid club?

Call me old-fashioned, but I think the pros ought to stick to real clubs and let us hackers use the performance-enhancing shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2009, 01:37:29 PM »
Tiger could not hit a putt to save his life on the last four holes.  He had a chance on 16? 17? to at least tie it up, but his short game sucked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2009, 03:20:14 AM »
Hybrid club?

Call me old-fashioned, but I think the pros ought to stick to real clubs and let us hackers use the performance-enhancing shit.
I need a hybrid-club/cane/beer holder.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.