Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Uh Oh LaLa...

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Uh Oh LaLa...
« on: August 18, 2009, 05:37:07 PM »
We get caught laundering money, we're not going to white-collar resort prison. No, no, no. We're going to federal POUND ME IN THE ASS prison.

Blount pleads guilty to bribery, conspiracy; Langford lone remaining defendant
Posted by Birmingham News August 18, 2009 2:10 PM

Montgomery investment banker Bill Blount, right, arrives at the federal courthouse in Tuscaloosa, Ala. for a plea hearing on Tuesday, Aug. 18, 2009. (The Birmingham News / Linda Stelter)
Montgomery investment banker Bill Blount pleaded guilty today in Tuscaloosa federal court in connection with bond deals involving Jefferson County.

Birmingham Mayor Larry Langford is now the lone defendant in the Aug. 31 bribery trial with Blount and Al LaPierre having pleaded guilty.

The government alleges Langford used his influence as Jefferson County Commission president to steer county financing business to Blount, resulting in Blount getting $7.1 million in fees. In return, prosecutors say, Blount -- with LaPierre as the middleman -- gave Langford $236,000 in cash, clothes and jewelry.

Langford, Blount and LaPierre were charged in a 101-count indictment accusing them of mail fraud, bribery, money laundering and conspiracy. Each fraud count carries a penalty of up to 20 years in prison, and each money laundering and bribery count is punishable by up to 10 years in prison. The conspiracy count carries a penalty of up to five years in prison.

In exchange for Blount's cooperation, prosecutions will recommend Blount serve 52 months in prison and forfeit $1 million.

A rumor circulated on talk radio Monday that Langford would resign today. His federal bribery case begins on Aug. 31. Langford says he's not resigning.

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2009/08/blount_at_hearing_where_he_is.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Argo

Re: Uh Oh LaLa...
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 05:54:40 PM »
Langford should at least get a few conjugal visits on the 50 yard line of his new dome.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 08:50:59 PM »
Langford should at least get a few conjugal visits on the 50 yard line of his new dome.

He'll have to wait in line.  Every taxpaying citizen of Jefferson County has to be fucked by the dome first.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 09:07:42 PM »
He'll have to wait in line.  Every taxpaying citizen of Jefferson County has to be effed by the dome first.
Only after the sewer system gets a piece of that taxpayer mommy part.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.