Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Looks like it's gonna be Todd...

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Looks like it's gonna be Todd...
« Reply #120 on: August 14, 2009, 07:32:41 PM »
Tim Tebow?  Worked out pretty good for the Gators.

Matt Stafford?  Worked out pretty good for the Dawgs.

Oh, and I love the fact Kaos is telling someone else they couldn't possibly know something in advance...  Brilliant.
Green - (UGA)
White - (AU)
Barker - (UA)
Jones - (UArk)
Wuerfel - (UF)
Grossman - (UF)
Manning - both (UT and UM)
Cutler - (VU)
Couch - (UK)
Lorenzen - (UK)

Wait....kaos, who's saying that McElroy is going to "Light Up" the league?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #121 on: August 14, 2009, 07:54:51 PM »

Oh, and I love the fact Kaos is telling someone else they couldn't possibly know something in advance...  Brilliant.
Greg McElroy is no Tim Tebow, or Matt Stafford. I say that because I can't imagine that we would have talent like that riding the pine behind JPW. It was understandable that Tebow sat behind Leak. Shit, six of one, half dozen of the other if you ask me. No need to play Tebow, really. Like I said in another thread, McElroy is serviceable at the very least, imo. He looked pretty sharp during A-Day, but I know that can't be used as an end-all-be-all barometer of his talent. I think he can get the job done. I doubt he will be nominated for the Heisman anytime soon or anything, but I don't think he's going to be horrible either. We will really have to see how things play out. I'm not basing my opinion on one play against AU. I'm basing it on what alot of writers, folks who have seen camps, and others are saying. Fuck, for all I know he'll throw 10 INTs against VT and -2 TDs, and we will score below 0 points. But he might throw 10 TDs. Nobody really knows. I have no reason to think we're in trouble, though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #122 on: August 14, 2009, 07:58:40 PM »
Greg McElroy is no Tim Tebow, or Matt Stafford. I say that because I can't imagine that we would have talent like that riding the pine behind JPW. It was understandable that Tebow sat behind Leak. Shit, six of one, half dozen of the other if you ask me. No need to play Tebow, really. Like I said in another thread, McElroy is serviceable at the very least, imo. He looked pretty sharp during A-Day, but I know that can't be used as an end-all-be-all barometer of his talent. I think he can get the job done. I doubt he will be nominated for the Heisman anytime soon or anything, but I don't think he's going to be horrible either. We will really have to see how things play out. I'm not basing my opinion on one play against AU. I'm basing it on what alot of writers, folks who have seen camps, and others are saying. Fuck, for all I know he'll throw 10 INTs against VT and -2 TDs, and we will score below 0 points. But he might throw 10 TDs. Nobody really knows. I have no reason to think we're in trouble, though.

That's fine. I was responding to the ignoring one.  He posed the question earlier to you I think.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #123 on: August 14, 2009, 09:39:26 PM »
A++ post...

I say essentially the same thing but use different words and it ignites a sheet shitting eight-page rampage. 

Hmmm.  Ok. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #124 on: August 14, 2009, 09:42:45 PM »
Todd has a fucking cannon when he is healthy. Give him a chance I think you will be pleased. But I can't believe Burns is a WR now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #125 on: August 14, 2009, 09:48:15 PM »
Green - (UGA)
White - (AU)
Barker - (UA)
Jones - (UArk)
Wuerfel - (UF)
Grossman - (UF)
Manning - both (UT and UM)
Cutler - (VU)
Couch - (UK)
Lorenzen - (UK)

Wait....kaos, who's saying that McElroy is going to "Light Up" the league?

You're wrong on most of these in the context of the question at hand.  

None of them walked in basically green and led their team to the division title did they?    

RWS said Bama would be fine with McElroy.  There's no evidence to support that.  He might.  But the SEC is littered with first year guys who took a while to get their game under control.  Some did, but the first year guy who led his team to anything of consequence is rare.  

As for Chopper's blubbering "yuh caint prahdick the future" comment?  He needs to stop trying to score points on me.  You can use relatively equivalent past experience to make rational judgments.  He can't, obviously, but most people can.  There's a big difference in saying that Bama fans have no idea how McElroy will perform when there is no valid evidence on which to base such assumption and saying you're concerned over Chris Todd's failures when you have nine games, at least five of which he started on which to make an evaluation.  It's just another fail in a long line of failures by the Chopster.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 09:48:49 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #126 on: August 14, 2009, 09:55:54 PM »
 And Kaos, if you actually watched the games, last year, you would've been able to see Todd make the reads but that he just didn't pull the trigger to the open WR or TE...now you should know why he didn't pull the trigger, because he knew that he couldn't get the ball there before it was picked off.  

Oh fuck you with the "if you actually watched the games" bullshit. 

I watched the fucking games.  You can make all the excuses you want.  It's easy to say in retrospect why he did or didn't do whatever.  Fact is he had receivers open -- short range and long range -- and hesitated.  He held off on throws i could have made. You can't say for certain WHY he hesitated.  Maybe it was his arm.  Maybe he just couldn't pull the trigger.  Maybe he couldn't make a decision. Maybe it was Franklin's fault. Maybe it was Greg Knox's fault.  Maybe it was Robert Dunn's. Maybe it was Oprah Winfrey's.  You can say he "made the reads" but you don't know if he made them or not unless he acted on them.  Since he didn't you don't know what the fuck he "read."  For all you know he was back there trying to remember the names of all four members of ABBA. 

Was his arm/shoulder hurt the whole time he was at juco?  Because he struggled there, too.  Didn't exactly set the world on fire. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #127 on: August 14, 2009, 10:54:57 PM »
I say essentially the same thing but use different words and it ignites a sheet shitting eight-page rampage. 

Hmmm.  Ok. 

How is that shit my fault?

I am a well liked mother fucker...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #128 on: August 14, 2009, 10:59:34 PM »
How is that shit my fault?

I am a well liked mother fucker...

It's not your fault. 

It's that damn Chizik.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #129 on: August 15, 2009, 09:31:41 AM »
As for Chopper's blubbering "yuh caint prahdick the future" comment?  He needs to stop trying to score points on me.  You can use relatively equivalent past experience to make rational judgments.  He can't, obviously, but most people can.  There's a big difference in saying that Bama fans have no idea how McElroy will perform when there is no valid evidence on which to base such assumption and saying you're concerned over Chris Todd's failures when you have nine games, at least five of which he started on which to make an evaluation.  It's just another fail in a long line of failures by the Chopster.

I must be the single most unignored "ignored" user.

Sorry, but I'm not going to go back and REPOST every fucking thing I've said ten times over so that I can have the ultimate circle jerk that you enjoy so much.  You've said everything you've said repetitively now for almost ten fucking pages, and it's clear that your only goal is to bash me, bury other people's opinion until yours is the ONLY one seen, or heard.  It's okay though.  It's what you do.

If anyone cares (and I don't think they do), they can go back a few pages and make their own judgements.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 10:07:38 AM by AuburnChopper2.0 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #130 on: August 15, 2009, 09:47:57 AM »
It's not your fault. 

It's that damn Chizik.

Naw. It's pretty much your own damn fault.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #131 on: August 15, 2009, 02:49:49 PM »
Naw. It's pretty much your own damn fault.
Thats what Jimmy says.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #132 on: August 16, 2009, 03:29:04 AM »
***Senior CB Walt McFadden on the first-team offense under Todd:

"You could see, it's a whole different attitude over there, especially on the defensive side as well. We're both happy that we've got a leader on that side of the ball. He's taking charge. He's leading the offense in the right direction."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Come Honor Face

• Are you serious??
« Reply #133 on: August 16, 2009, 04:42:03 AM »
:bs:

You have no idea whether you'll be okay or not.  You guys have Prowler Choppered your dicks bloody raw because he threw one pass against a disinterested Auburn team and finished second at some random ass quarterback camp.

He's never been the guy.  You have no idea how or if he will perform in that role (note the proper usage). 

A year ago, Auburn was the chic pick to win the West because everybody thought Kodi Burns was going to step in and have a smooth transition to the starting role.  How'd that work out for us? 

Granted we screwed the pooch from day one when Franklin stuck his dick up Chris Todd's ass and wouldn't pull out.  Blew Kodi's confidence and essentially trashed the season.  You guys won't do that, but the fact remains that you still have no idea at all how McElroy will be able to handle the position. 

Do this for me.  Look back at the SEC over the last 20 years.  List for me the QBs that came in to replace an established starter with virtually no experience of their own and lit the league up. 

Your list will look much like this: 

I always thought Tee Martin did a good job after Peyton left the Vols.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"you'll be a winner today, pick a fight with a 4 year old"

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #134 on: August 16, 2009, 09:42:40 AM »
I always thought Tee Martin did a good job after Peyton left the Vols.

Okay, so we have one.  More than ten years ago. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #135 on: August 17, 2009, 07:47:15 AM »

Oh, and I love the fact Kaos is telling someone else they couldn't possibly know something in advance...  Brilliant.

Tim Tebow was not thrown into being the starter for Florida.  

Stafford started on a team that had no running game and receivers comparable to our own.  They could not catch a cold.

Now that being said they both developed into fine quarterbacks but to stay they stepped right in with no hitches would be wrong.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 09:01:02 AM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #136 on: August 17, 2009, 08:35:56 AM »
Tim Tebow was not thrown into being the starter for Florida. 

Stafford started on a team that had no running game and receivers comparable to our own.  They could catch a cold.

Now that being said they both developed into fine quarterbacks but to stay they stepped right in with no hitches would be wrong.

Tebow is also the obvious exception. McElroy is no freaking Tebow. 

Dude was too busy trying to score a point to get the point.

Kaos currently leads 737 - 2. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #137 on: August 17, 2009, 08:41:16 AM »
Tebow is also the obvious exception. McElroy is no freaking Tebow. 

Dude was too busy trying to score a point to get the point.

Kaos currently leads 737 - 2. 
I'm Tim Tebow.

:batman:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #138 on: August 17, 2009, 08:45:35 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #139 on: August 17, 2009, 09:52:57 AM »
I'm Spartacus.

I'm Ron Burgundy?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.