Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

TD-Pass Ratio by StatTiger

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
TD-Pass Ratio by StatTiger
« on: August 03, 2009, 10:10:35 AM »
Here are the national rankings for Arkansas, Auburn and Tulsa this decade in TD-pass ratio...

Year   Arkansas   Auburn   Tulsa
2000   66                68   103
2001   77                83   111
2002   24                25   64
2003   21                97   23
2004   21                  6   77
2005   59                39   47
2006   13                  49   64
2007   7                 99   3
2008   75                114   1

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=6&f=1010&t=4563480

« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 10:11:23 AM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: TD-Pass Ratio by StatTiger
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 10:12:00 AM »
Well sure but he didn't have Chizik for a head coach....Wait, what?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 10:26:19 AM »
Here are the national rankings for Arkansas, Auburn and Tulsa this decade in TD-pass ratio...

Year   Arkansas   Auburn   Tulsa
2000   66                68   103
2001   77                83   111
2002   24                25   64
2003   21                97   23
2004   21                  6   77
2005   59                39   47
2006   13                  49   64
2007   7                 99   3
2008   75                114   1

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=6&f=1010&t=4563480

So in summation, he took Arkansas from 59th to 13th in his one year there, they improved on that slightly without him, then freefell to 75th the following year.

He took Tulsa from 64th to 3rd, to 1st the following year (last year).

I think odds are good that he will substantially improve our ranking from 114th.

God help us if he doesn't.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 10:29:07 AM »
So in summation, he took Arkansas from 59th to 13th in his one year there

With Darren McFadden, Felix Jones and Peyton Hillis in the backfield.  By most arkie accounts, Gus was not allowed to fully utilize his offense due to Nutt's interference.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 10:33:24 AM »
With Darren McFadden, Felix Jones and Peyton Hillis in the backfield.  By most arkie accounts, Gus was not allowed to fully utilize his offense due to Nutt's interference.
I think according to the fifty-hojillion page documentary on the whole Nutt/Malzahn/Arkansas cluster fuck, they said he was really only allowed one game without interference. Nutt didn't think the offense could be successful in the SEC, and they had the above mentioned work horses. Grind that shit out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 10:37:24 AM »
I was about to have a wet dream. Then Chizik walked in, woke me up and spouted banal coaching cliches for 40 minutes.

My wood was wasted. Thanks for fucking it up chiz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

RWS

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 10:41:54 AM »
So in summation, he took Arkansas from 59th to 13th in his one year there, they improved on that slightly without him, then freefell to 75th the following year.

He took Tulsa from 64th to 3rd, to 1st the following year (last year).

I think odds are good that he will substantially improve our ranking from 114th.

God help us if he doesn't.
Gee, I wonder why that stat would have plummeted in the 2008 season....

Anyway, I like how you only mention that they improved from 13th to 7th without him as a sidenote. And I would think the odds are good that he will imrpove AU's ranking because it would be pretty hard to fuck that up any worse.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 10:44:33 AM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 11:03:36 AM »
Gee, I wonder why that stat would have plummeted in the 2008 season....

Anyway, I like how you only mention that they improved from 13th to 7th without him as a sidenote. And I would think the odds are good that he will imrpove AU's ranking because it would be pretty hard to fuck that up any worse.
I did mention it. How was it an afterthought? It is the only outlier that doesn't prove him to be a supreme God of offensive coordination. The fact that they continued to improve once McFadden & Jones played a more substantial role does little to deflate this.

I thought Miles was only successful because Saban's Midas touch graced LSU five fucking years ago?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 12:52:35 PM »
I did mention it. How was it an afterthought? It is the only outlier that doesn't prove him to be a supreme God of offensive coordination. The fact that they continued to improve once McFadden & Jones played a more substantial role does little to deflate this.

I thought Miles was only successful because Saban's Midas touch graced LSU five fucking years ago?
So, have you figured out why that stat plummeted in '08 yet?

I'm going to tell you the same sort of thing I told you guys when you proclaimed Dr. Franklinstein your next offensive savior (thanks for the name, Chopper). Oklahoma figured out a way to stomp the piss out of Tulsa. UTEP beat Tulsa. UCF stomped Tulsa, twice in one season. Arkansas beat them. Houston beat Tulsa by 40 points. East Carolina beat Tulsa. You can throw out one guady stat after another, and it still doesn't change the fact that an SEC defense can figure out and defeat Malzahn's offense. Its not that difficult to decipher scheme wise. It relies heavily on tempo, and if things don't go the offense's way, guess what happens? Get a few three-and-outs under your belt against a ball hog offense, and tell me how your defense is feeling at halftime. I promise you, if UTEP can do it, so can Ole Miss. You can argue "better quality of players" all you want. How did that theory work out with Franklin? Alot of you are simply recycling the same rhetoric and cliches for your newest video making, instructional book writing OC.

Regarding LSU, look at the record for the 2005-2007 seasons. Then look at 2008. Look at whose talent was starting 2005-2007. And in 2008? What, is he an exceptional coach and just forgot how to coach? Do I really have to explain this to you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2009, 01:02:27 PM »
Oklahoma figured out a way to stomp the piss out of Tulsa. UTEP beat Tulsa. UCF stomped Tulsa, twice in one season. Arkansas beat them. Houston beat Tulsa by 40 points. East Carolina beat Tulsa.

Interesting.  What part, if any do you suspect Tulsa not having any defense plays into the equation?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

RWS

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2009, 01:10:23 PM »
Interesting.  What part, if any do you suspect Tulsa not having any defense plays into the equation?
Oklahoma, UCF (twice), Arkansas, and Eastern Carolina all managed to keep Tulsa at 25 points or under. Houston held them to 30 points. UTEP gave up 47 points to them, but UTEP still won. That may be the only game to fit the shootout reasoning you are looking for. But other than that, the other teams that defeated them managed to keep Tulsa to a fairly realistic score. I don't care about Tulsa's defense. Their offense was held is what I'm looking at.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2009, 01:12:19 PM »
If Auburn averages 25 points a game this year...I like our chances...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2009, 01:20:21 PM »
Oklahoma, UCF (twice), Arkansas, and Eastern Carolina all managed to keep Tulsa at 25 points or under. Houston held them to 30 points. UTEP gave up 47 points to them, but UTEP still won. That may be the only game to fit the shootout reasoning you are looking for. But other than that, the other teams that defeated them managed to keep Tulsa to a fairly realistic score. I don't care about Tulsa's defense. Their offense was held is what I'm looking at.

I think if we can average 25+ points per game, we will win most games.  Naked speculation on my part, of course.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2009, 01:25:13 PM »
If Auburn averages 25 points a game this year...I like our chances...
I don't see 25 ppg being unrealistic. AU's avg ppg for '08 was 17.3, and it would be pretty difficult for it to be anymore fucked up than last season. I would hope you guys could improve by an average of 1TD per game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2009, 01:29:25 PM »
I don't see 25 ppg being unrealistic. AU's avg ppg for '08 was 17.3, and it would be pretty difficult for it to be anymore fucked up than last season. I would hope you guys could improve by an average of 1TD per game.

I guess that is what I was getting at.  Not discounting the other data but more so that if you average 25-30 points a game in the SEC you are going to be in the hunt to win ballgames.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2009, 01:37:30 PM »
I just read that Auburn averaged 11 PPG in the article below about Roof. Maybe that was SEC average PPG. Regardless, if Auburn had scored 7 more points per game, we would have beaten LSU, Vandy, UGA and Arkansas. Auburn lost to Ole Miss by 10 so that would have been close. The only games Auburn was blown out...as absolutely PATHETIC as the offense was, was UA and WVU. And those we late in the year when I think the team had given up...certainly not to discount those games however.

So you win those 4 games, Auburn is now 9-3, playing in a major bowl, and talked about a hell of a lot more this off season.

I stand by my original statement...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2009, 01:46:26 PM »
I guess that is what I was getting at.  Not discounting the other data but more so that if you average 25-30 points a game in the SEC you are going to be in the hunt to win ballgames.
Here is the breakdown from 2008:

1 Florida*       43.64 
2 Mississippi*  32.08 
3 Georgia*      31.46 
4 LSU*          30.92 
5 Alabama*    30.14 
6 Kentucky*   22.62
7 Arkansas    21.92
8 South Carolina*    20.77
9 Vanderbilt*          19.15
10 Auburn     17.33 
10 Tennessee 17.33
12 Mississippi St.   15.25

* = Played more games than the standard 12 game schedule.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2009, 01:51:29 PM »
I just read that Auburn averaged 11 PPG in the article below about Roof. Maybe that was SEC average PPG. Regardless, if Auburn had scored 7 more points per game, we would have beaten LSU, Vandy, UGA and Arkansas. Auburn lost to Ole Miss by 10 so that would have been close.
Dude, are you fucking serious? And how long have AU fans been blasting us for "moral victories"? Hey, go add 7 more points per game to our 07 season, and that wins or ties every game we lost. Do the same for our '06 season and we're looking at two losses. '05 would have been a one loss season, but AU only beat us by 10, so that would have been close. '04 is another two loss season. Need I continue?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2009, 01:51:34 PM »
You are better than that, RWS. You can't compares what a offense does over the course of a season, with the stats agains OOC games, and compare it to what a team would score or even average against a defense like Auburn's. Dude, that stat doesn't mean shit in this arguement...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2009, 01:54:11 PM »
You are better than that, RWS. You can't compares what a offense does over the course of a season, with the stats agains OOC games, and compare it to what a team would score or even average against a defense like Auburn's. Dude, that stat doesn't mean shit in this arguement...
Which particular stat are we talking about? Are you drunk posting again?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions