Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

TD-Pass Ratio by StatTiger

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: TD-Pass Ratio by StatTiger
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2009, 01:54:43 PM »
Dude, are you fucking serious? And how long have AU fans been blasting us for "moral victories"? Hey, go add 7 more points per game to our 07 season, and that wins or ties every game we lost. Do the same for our '06 season and we're looking at two losses. '05 would have been a one loss season, but AU only beat us by 10, so that would have been close. '04 is another two loss season. Need I continue?

I don't think he was counting the morale victories. I think he was just using the numbers to illustrate the point that there is a big difference in outcomes with a marginal amount of improvement in PPG.  At least that's how I read it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2009, 02:30:09 PM »
This was basically what I took from the hiring of Franklin.  I thought it was out of left field but if you look back on 2007, it made sense...sort of.  Auburn lost 4 games in 07' and teams had figured Borges out, for whatever reason.  The offense was a struggle all year, to say the least.  There was only one team the entire year that manned up and slapped AU around and that was UGA.  The other 3 losses were to USF, MSU and LSU.  In those losses, AU scored 14, 23 and 24 respectivley and lost by totals of 5, 3 and 6 points. 

If Franklin had come in and been even half way successful, you know that would translate into at least a TD per game.  Not to rehash history or bring up reasons and all that shit.  Suffice it to say that even a little shot in the arm in 07' may have resulted in a 1-loss season and some pretty big things.  I didn't blame CTT for trying, just made the wrong choice(s) 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2009, 03:56:50 PM »
Dude, are you fucking serious? And how long have AU fans been blasting us for "moral victories"? Hey, go add 7 more points per game to our 07 season, and that wins or ties every game we lost. Do the same for our '06 season and we're looking at two losses. '05 would have been a one loss season, but AU only beat us by 10, so that would have been close. '04 is another two loss season. Need I continue?

Yes I am serious. I didn't say anything about a moral victory or we could have won if we would have done this that or the other. You tried to discount the fact that 7 more points per game would help. I let you know that Auburn would have been 9-3 with those ppoints for the games we lost. I don't give a fuck if you add 50 more points a game to your shitty ass team...do what the fuck you want. I am simply responding to your smart ass comment of...

I don't see 25 ppg being unrealistic. AU's avg ppg for '08 was 17.3, and it would be pretty difficult for it to be anymore fucked up than last season. I would hope you guys could improve by an average of 1TD per game.

The only thing I have said in this thread was...if AUburn scored 7 more points a game, we will be ok. As HB said, the same held true for '08. If Auburn would have had ANY kind of improvement on offense, the record could have been decent. That is all I have said...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2009, 04:02:59 PM »
Which particular stat are we talking about? Are you drunk posting again?

No. I was posting from my black berry and couldn't quote you. I was posting in reference of your scoring stats...these...

Here is the breakdown from 2008:

1 Florida*       43.64 
2 Mississippi*  32.08 
3 Georgia*      31.46 
4 LSU*          30.92 
5 Alabama*    30.14 
6 Kentucky*   22.62
7 Arkansas    21.92
8 South Carolina*    20.77
9 Vanderbilt*          19.15
10 Auburn     17.33 
10 Tennessee 17.33
12 Mississippi St.   15.25

You are trying to come to the conclussion that averaging 25 points in the SEC won't win shit because all these teams averaged more. My point is that all of these games weren't against a defense the calibers of Auburns.

How long have you known me dude? I get pissed at your arrogant Alabama bullshit, but I have never been a sunshine pumper and have never discounted Alabama for the shit they have done. But, I will call you out on throwing out irrelevant facts. The PPG stat you posted is irrelevant. Period. Matter of fact, I can only name 2 SEC games where Auburn actually scored 17 points, so that shows you the stat average is skewed in comparison to what we are talking about.

I guess I was wrong...you really aren't better than this...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2009, 04:46:58 PM »
No. I was posting from my black berry and couldn't quote you. I was posting in reference of your scoring stats...these...

You are trying to come to the conclussion that averaging 25 points in the SEC won't win shit because all these teams averaged more. My point is that all of these games weren't against a defense the calibers of Auburns.

How long have you known me dude? I get pissed at your arrogant Alabama bullshit, but I have never been a sunshine pumper and have never discounted Alabama for the shit they have done. But, I will call you out on throwing out irrelevant facts. The PPG stat you posted is irrelevant. Period. Matter of fact, I can only name 2 SEC games where Auburn actually scored 17 points, so that shows you the stat average is skewed in comparison to what we are talking about.

I guess I was wrong...you really aren't better than this...
I was posting those stats just because I was curious as well. That was posted more so for informational purposes. I wasn't even trying to make an argument with it. I really don't think you can accurately predict a team's success in an upcoming season based on what the league averages for ppg were last season. Here is something I didn't even realize though: In 2007, Alabama scored 29.84 ppg and won 7 games. In 2008, we scored 30.14 ppg and won 12. We're talking about three-tenths of a point difference, and 5 games. Maybe in 2009 AU could score 17 ppg and be fucking 12-0. Who the hell knows?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler