« on: July 27, 2009, 02:23:39 PM »
Boo-ya-ka-sha

http://blog.al.com/goldmine/2009/07/greensvilles_kenneth_carter_co.html
Greensville's Kenneth Carter commits to Auburn
Posted by Charles Goldberg -- Birmingham News July 27, 2009 1:17 PM
Categories: Football, Recruiting
AuburnSports.com

Kenneth Carter
Auburn continued its busy recruiting July on Monday with an athletic defensive linemen committing to the Tigers.

Greenville High School defensive lineman Kenneth Carter announced at his high school that he will sign with Auburn in February.

He's the sixth high school or junior college player to commit for the 2010 signing class in the last 12 days. Another player said he's transferring to Auburn from Florida State and will be on campus next week.

Carter will begin his senior season at Greenville at 6-foot-5, 270 pounds. He also had offers from Alabama, Ole Miss, Kentucky and Southern Miss, among others, according to Ben Blackmon, his high school coach. Reporting the commitment with all the quotes are AuburnSports.com and AuburnUndercover.com and Inside the Auburn Tigers.

Carter, who had off-season shoulder surgery, is on the ESPNU 150 Watch List.

Assistant coach Jeff Grimes is listed as the primary recruiter.

Auburn has 14 players committed for the 2010 signing class.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Kenneth Carter Commits
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 02:27:48 PM »
He had offers from Clemson & LSU too according to Scout. The article doesn't mention those.

Rivals, only shows offers from Kentucky, Ole Miss, & Southern Miss, leaving out Clemson, LSU, and of course Bama.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 02:46:55 PM »
He had offers from Clemson & LSU too according to Scout. The article doesn't mention those.

Rivals, only shows offers from Kentucky, Ole Miss, & Southern Miss, leaving out Clemson, LSU, and of course Bama.
Apparently, Rivals had him listed with an offer from Bama Saturday, then removed it yesterday.

:eyeroll:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 02:51:47 PM »
Apparently, Rivals had him listed with an offer from Bama Saturday, then removed it yesterday.

I am sure the folks in Tuscaloosa found out something about the kid and pulled their offer.

Move along....Nothing to see here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 02:54:54 PM »
I am sure the folks in Tuscaloosa found out something about the kid and pulled their offer.

Move along....Nothing to see here.
I'm sure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 03:07:35 PM »
I'm sure.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=69376

ESPN has Bammer offering him too.

Only Rivals claims that they didn't (as of yesterday).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 04:16:24 PM »

The folks on BOL were talking about it on the 23rd, because everybody was curious why our name was thrown into that mix and he showed no offer then. Last we knew he was hoping to get an Alabama offer when the summer started. It wasn't showing we had offered on Scout or ESPN at the time either. I guess since then its been added to ESPN since his coach said he had one? No clue, but I know on the 23rd around 8 PM, nobody was showing him with an Alabama offer. But, carry on with your conspiracy theory since it makes you feel better. Is Rivals now in on a Clemson and LSU conspiracy as well?

04/03/2009
Carter said he already has written offers from Auburn, Ole Miss and Southern Miss and a verbal offer from Alabama.

Things certainy could have changed since then, but it doesn't look like there was anything concrete there and he never camped over the summer or anything, so I don't know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 06:46:10 PM »
Kenneth and his HC had stated that he had an offer from SPuat, that's why the check mark was put on his profile on the 23rd.  Then the Rivals guys or the Scout guys asked SPuat about the offer, they proceeded to take the check mark back off....supposedly because it was a verbal offer, but hey an offer is an offer, in my book.

There was a little note at the bottom of KC's commitment announcement, did anyone here catch it?  If not, here it is:

NOTE: Although Rivals.com's Alabama site (BamaOnLine.com) recruiting writers claim Carter didn't have an offer from Alabama, Carter, as well as Greenville head coach Ben Blackmon, confirmed that he did.  :clap:

I also find it really, really funny that not only is SPuat listed as a school that didn't offer, they've been completely taken off of his list of schools.  :rofl: and y'all talk about Little Brother Syndrome  :rofl:

Kenneth Carter DT 6'5" 280lbs. 4.9 Greenville, Ala. (4 Grillz)

Junior Stats: 60 Tackles & 6 Sacks
That was despite playing with a separated labrum. Carter underwent surgery in December and is now back at 100%.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 07:20:32 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2009, 07:20:44 PM »
and y'all talk about Little Brother Syndrome  :rofl:
I'm not really seeing how in any way, shape, or form we are somehow lagging behind you guys or something right now. Back to back #1 recruiting class, coming off of a 12-2 season, top 10 preseason ranking, 36-0 beatdown, etc. Yeah, we're hurtin Prowler!  :taunt:

Now, lets see, who is the WR in last class that you swore up and down did NOT have an AU offer after he snuffed you guys but claimed he had an offer? Yeah, I remember something about somebody explaining the difference between a "commitable offer" and a "non-commitable verbal offer". And who exactly was the one that said the kid was lying and kids do that all the time? Having a hard time remembering...........hmmmmm........Funny how that ONLY works in AU's favor, but when you guys are trying desperately to show something for Chizik, all that shit goes away all of a sudden, doesn't it? In your as-usual-bullshit-mode, you fail to approach the fact that on the 23rd, NOBODY had an Alabama offer in his profile. Not Rivals, Scout, or ESPN. Then all of a sudden he says he has one, so some of the services add it. Shit, I have an offer from Alabama. Where's my profile? I'm not worth a shit, so I might have to settle for an AU offer.  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 07:30:36 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2009, 07:29:05 PM »
I'm not really seeing how in any way, shape, or form we are somehow lagging behind you guys or something right now. Back to back #1 recruiting class, coming off of a 12-2 season, top 10 preseason ranking, 36-0 beatdown, etc. Yeah, we're hurtin Prowler!  :taunt:
Back to Back recruiting classes?  You mouthbreathers need to look back two years ago and see who was rated the #1 class.....after qualifications.  I believe it was Notre Dame.  We'll see who's going to be standing at the top for this past year's signing class, within the next few weeks.

Did anyone say anything about lagging behind us?  Kenneth Carter was offered by SPuat, y'all just can't accept it that he didn't commit to the mighty taghd.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2009, 07:31:16 PM »
Back to Back recruiting classes?  You mouthbreathers need to look back two years ago and see who was rated the #1 class.....after qualifications.  I believe it was Notre Dame.  We'll see who's going to be standing at the top for this past year's signing class, within the next few weeks.

Did anyone say anything about lagging behind us?  Kenneth Carter was offered by SPuat, y'all just can't accept it that he didn't commit to the mighty taghd.
So, what about that WR Prowler?

I can give shit less whether he picked us or not, really. I didn't even know the kid existed until I saw the story on Rivals last week when he said he had an Alabama offer. I honestly couldn't tell you whether this kid sucks, or if he's the baddest motherfucker on the planet. I, along with everybody else, was like "Who is this kid?". We're fine on the DL. Our focus for this class is WR, DB, TE, and somewhat RB.

Carter is admittedly an AU fan from birth, and his whole family is comprised of AU fans according to one of the articles. All AU had to do was offer and this kid was in the bag. Its not like AU's master recruiters snatched one from Alabama's jaws or something. AU finally offered him and he was all over it like a rat on a Cheet-o. Whats the big deal?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 07:40:18 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2009, 07:40:18 PM »
So, what about that WR Prowler?

I can give shit less whether he picked us or not, really. I didn't even know the kid existed until I saw the story on Rivals last week when he said he had an Alabama offer. I honestly couldn't tell you whether this kid sucks, or if he's the baddest motherfucker on the planet. I, along with everybody else, was like "Who is this kid?". We're fine on the DL. Our focus for this class is WR, DB, TE, and somewhat RB.
I think you're refering to Brandon Heavens who had his SPuat offer check marked, until he commited to Auburn, then the next day it vanished....like it never existed.  He ended up signing with MSU, so I guess Auburn should've gone back and taken off their check mark.  Whatever helps the unwashed nation sleep at night.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2009, 07:45:58 PM »
I think you're refering to Brandon Heavens who had his SPuat offer check marked, until he commited to Auburn, then the next day it vanished....like it never existed.  He ended up signing with MSU, so I guess Auburn should've gone back and taken off their check mark.  Whatever helps the unwashed nation sleep at night.
I'm talking about a WR from Kansas (I think).....a JUCO WR I believe. Not talking about Heavens.

And what say you about Carter having no Alabama offer on any of the services until his coach said he had one?

Also, why do you think it is this little conspiracy didn't happen to Shon Coleman, Antonio Goodwin (top WR in GA), Jeremy Richardson, and Jawara White? Two of those are 4* and pretty good players, but oh shit, we're worried about Carter? Oh, he committed to AU so we better uncheck his box. That just does not make sense.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 08:11:30 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2009, 09:35:13 PM »
I'm talking about a WR from Kansas (I think).....a JUCO WR I believe. Not talking about Heavens.

And what say you about Carter having no Alabama offer on any of the services until his coach said he had one?

Also, why do you think it is this little conspiracy didn't happen to Shon Coleman, Antonio Goodwin (top WR in GA), Jeremy Richardson, and Jawara White? Two of those are 4* and pretty good players, but oh shit, we're worried about Carter? Oh, he committed to AU so we better uncheck his box. That just does not make sense.
Cameron Kenney, the Stud JUCO WR?  I don't think he had an offer from SPuat, I could be wrong because Coach sabbin offers around 327 prospects every year and only 25-30 are "real" offers.  If the prospect isn't a bigtime player....just make him one, so those extra stars can make your class look that much better, eventhough he'll be cut within a few years...oh well, NEXT!!!

You want to talk about Kenneth Carter and his Auburn family, well atleast "he" informed the Auburn coaches that he wanted to become the next Auburn Tiger...can you say the same about Corey Grant with his decision to go to SPuat?  I'll answer it for ya, nope.

Or, you might be talking about DB, Daren Bates out of Olive Branch, Ms.:

Also, if you want to know about Victor Beasley, he doesn't have a commitable offer from Auburn or SPuat...right now.  I'm not sure but, it might have something to do with his grades, but once he receives the commitable offer from SPuat, he'll commit on the spot.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 09:56:24 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2009, 12:53:44 AM »
The check-mark box controversy is completely laughable.  

You want to know why people get bent out of shape about who has been offered and who hasn't?  People (fans) genuinely believe that it will affect the rest of their class.  

You know what?  Lache Seastrunk might be turned off of Auburn because Auburn accepted an commitment from a peon like Kenneth Carter.  I mean, he wasn't offered by anyone good but Auburn.  Bama didn't offer him, so what's so good about him?  

I'm not being funny with this post.  

It also works the other way around.  This shit does happen, and the logic behind the excuses are completely flawed.

Kenneth Carter DID AND DOES have a verbal offer for a scholarship to play football at Alabama.  His magical offer box has been checked on every recruiting site for a long enough time to be considered legit.  Even his high school coach confirmed he was given an offer.  

BOL's excuse?  It's just a verbal offer, so they removed it until it became committable.  Yeah, and those 2011 recruits (who aren't allowed to receive written offers) seem to have that magical box checkmarked.  

So why would BOL remove it?  

Because people (fans) genuinely believe it will affect their recruiting if they lost one (or ten) recruits to a different school.  

:blink:
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 12:54:15 AM by townhallsavoy »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2009, 06:24:04 AM »

You want to know why people get bent out of shape about who has been offered and who hasn't?  People (fans) genuinely believe that it will affect the rest of their class.  

You know what?  Lache Seastrunk might be turned off of Auburn because Auburn accepted an commitment from a peon like Kenneth Carter.  I mean, he wasn't offered by anyone good but Auburn.  Bama didn't offer him, so what's so good about him?  

I'm not being funny with this post.  

It also works the other way around.  This shit does happen, and the logic behind the excuses are completely flawed.

Kenneth Carter DID AND DOES have a verbal offer for a scholarship to play football at Alabama.  His magical offer box has been checked on every recruiting site for a long enough time to be considered legit.  Even his high school coach confirmed he was given an offer.  

BOL's excuse?  It's just a verbal offer, so they removed it until it became committable.  Yeah, and those 2011 recruits (who aren't allowed to receive written offers) seem to have that magical box checkmarked.  

Because people (fans) genuinely believe it will affect their recruiting if they lost one (or ten) recruits to a different school.  

Nail on the head.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2009, 08:35:42 AM »

I'm not being funny with this post.   :pwnd:

Precisely.

And furthermore, Rivals can't have bammer lose the head-to-head in-state recruiting battle, which they are in danger of, save for the revisionist history.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2009, 09:45:35 AM »
Precisely.

And furthermore, Rivals can't have bammer lose the head-to-head in-state recruiting battle, which they are in danger of, save for the revisionist history.
And you, Prowler, and the rest of the AU fanbase are trying desperately to validate Chizik. I think its 6-2 right now head-to-head on in-state recruits. For that matter, our class is pretty much done. We will gain one more in-state prospect and that is CJ Mosley. We have a total of 14 offers in-state this year. We've lost out on 4 (counting Owens), and one of those was to UF. In case you can't count, 10/14 is pretty damn good. Especially when the majority of those 10 are 4* or higher. We're not going to lose the head-to-head in-state recruiting battle, so go ahead and find another AU party line to spin.

Why is it we had no problem losing out on Jeremy Richardson and Jawara White, but all of a sudden feel the need to uncheck the box on Carter? Why wouldn't we have unchecked the box on one of the higher quality players? They are all easily better recruits than Carter. On the 23rd, none of the services had Carter with an Alabama offer. Otherwise there wouldn't be threads on BOL asking what the hell the deal is because nobody can find anywhere that he has an Alabama offer.

Personally, I'm all about quality over quantity. Every single AU commit can be from the state of Alabama for all I care. As long as we're cherry picking the cream of the crop (Grant, Milliner, Perry, Sanders, Williams, Fowler, etc.), I have no issue with it. I would love to have Jeremy Richardson and LaDarius Owens (even though he isn't technically committed yet). I think those two guys are of very good quality. I think Jawara White is good too, but I'm not particularly disappointed that we didn't get him. Then there is Antonio Goodwin. He's not from Alabama, but we offered and didn't uncheck that. Why is it we would be SO worried about losing a guy with like 3 offers total, but not worried about losing 4* guys? It doesn't make sense.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 10:13:26 AM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2009, 10:29:38 AM »
And you, Prowler, and the rest of the AU fanbase are trying desperately to validate Chizik. I think its 6-2 right now head-to-head on in-state recruits. For that matter, our class is pretty much done. We will gain one more in-state prospect and that is CJ Mosley. We have a total of 14 offers in-state this year. We've lost out on 4 (counting Owens), and one of those was to UF. In case you can't count, 10/14 is pretty damn good. Especially when the majority of those 10 are 4* or higher. We're not going to lose the head-to-head in-state recruiting battle, so go ahead and find another AU party line to spin.

Why is it we had no problem losing out on Jeremy Richardson and Jawara White, but all of a sudden feel the need to uncheck the box on Carter? Why wouldn't we have unchecked the box on one of the higher quality players? They are all easily better recruits than Carter. On the 23rd, none of the services had Carter with an Alabama offer. Otherwise there wouldn't be threads on BOL asking what the hell the deal is because nobody can find anywhere that he has an Alabama offer.

Personally, I'm all about quality over quantity. Every single AU commit can be from the state of Alabama for all I care. As long as we're cherry picking the cream of the crop (Grant, Milliner, Perry, Sanders, Williams, Fowler, etc.), I have no issue with it. I would love to have Jeremy Richardson and LaDarius Owens (even though he isn't technically committed yet). I think those two guys are of very good quality. I think Jawara White is good too, but I'm not particularly disappointed that we didn't get him. Then there is Antonio Goodwin. He's not from Alabama, but we offered and didn't uncheck that. Why is it we would be SO worried about losing a guy with like 3 offers total, but not worried about losing 4* guys? It doesn't make sense.

Because you have to pick and choose your battles? 

This kind of stuff has to be subtle because if EVERY Auburn commit suddenly didn't have a Bama offer even though their box was checked, Rivals would lose a tremendous amount of credibilitiy. 

Like you said - you're 6-2 against Auburn with head-to-head recruiting battles.  That doesn't sound so bad, now does it?  Now, if Kenneth Carter has a Bama offer, it looks like 6-3.  When Owens commits, it's 6-4.  If Mosely were to somehow be persuaded to join the good guys, it would be 6-5.  Doesn't look so good for head-to-head battles, now does it?  It's kind of hard to continue the "we're dominating Auburn in everything" unless a few of those not-so-studly recruits didn't REALLY have a Bama offer. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2009, 10:39:25 AM »

:bs:

He had an offer on Saturday. On Rivals. He's not the only one to get "Rivaled". It's a common occurrence.

First of all "like 3 offers" is far from the truth. Unless you only believe Rivals over every other source. I guess they are infallible, huh? LSU, Clemson, BAMA, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Southern Miss, and Auburn. More than double your "like three".

According to Rivals, his offer from bammer was taken away because it "was only a verbal offer". Well shit, I guess no one has any commitments either, cause they're only verbal commitments! Of those that committed to Bammer how many were only given "verbal offers", to which they "verbally committed"? Then when they don't, you guys never wanted them anyway. Case in point.

And why would Rivals do this, you ask? To cater to arrogant fucks like you to bray about how you're absolutely dominatin' the head-to-head recruiting battle, when in reality you're not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions