Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Kenneth Carter Commits

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Kenneth Carter Commits
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2009, 10:58:02 AM »
:bs:

He had an offer on Saturday. On Rivals. He's not the only one to get "Rivaled". It's a common occurrence.

First of all "like 3 offers" is far from the truth. Unless you only believe Rivals over every other source. I guess they are infallible, huh? LSU, Clemson, BAMA, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Southern Miss, and Auburn. More than double your "like three".

According to Rivals, his offer from bammer was taken away because it "was only a verbal offer". Well shit, I guess no one has any commitments either, cause they're only verbal commitments! Of those that committed to Bammer how many were only given "verbal offers", to which they "verbally committed"? Then when they don't, you guys never wanted them anyway. Case in point.

And why would Rivals do this, you ask? To cater to arrogant fucks like you to bray about how you're absolutely dominatin' the head-to-head recruiting battle, when in reality you're not.
Please explain how we are in danger of losing the head-to-head in-state battle that you previously refered to. Seeing as how all but two of our in-state offers are committed to somebody right now (Owens and Mosley, we will split them), Again, we have lost out on three in-state recruits we offered (one went to UF), and Owens will the the 4th. We have 9 at this point and will land Mosley to make it 10. Thats a 71% success rate on in-state offers. AU has 21 in-state offers and if you count Owens, has verbals from 4. Thats a 19% success rate at this point in time. Are you now wanting to re-word that to head-to-head straight up now? I can't wait to hear this spin.....you need to quit taking Prowler's stupid pills. Your logic skills have gone to shit since you decided to jump on your savior Chizik's bandwagon.

We have dominated you guys on the recruiting trail for the past two years, thats nothing new. YOU guys are the ones trying to validate Chizik and prove something, and you will use whatever excuse you have to so you can explain away why things aren't working out to support your argument.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 11:04:30 AM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2009, 11:27:57 AM »
It isn't going to make any difference to anyone who doesn't want to believe it, but the "verbal offer" tag could be thrown around pretty easily. We have talked to kids who thought they had a verbal offer after an assistant coach told them at a camp that they "would like to see them at _______ school one day." We obviously don't count that. Not saying that is what happened with Carter, but just saying that when we maintain offers in database they either need to be written or a verbal that is an imminent written offer (like when someone like Corey Grant got the call from Saban saying he has been offered a scholarship and letter is in the mail).

As for 2011 kids, if Saban tells them they will have an offer on September 1, we include that as an offer. If it doesn't happen soon after that, it will be removed. BJ Chitty is an example of that. He got a verbal offer after UA camp but never got anything in writing.
Prowler, does this pretty much sum up your definition of a "commitable" and "non-commitable" offer? Also, Chitty no longer shows Alabama or Auburn checked where he did have both checked at one time. In his interview on 07/20 it says he has an Auburn offer. It wouldn't be surprising since he is a former verbal commitment. Sooooo, why is Auburn's box not checked?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 11:30:18 AM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2009, 12:27:22 PM »
All of this is so fucking stupid.

Alabama will get who they get.  Always have.

Auburn will get who we get.  Always have. 

Some years Alabama will get better alleged talent. Some years they won't. Every year they'll have sunshine pumped up their ass by the recruiting services.  Been that way as long as I can remember.

When it's all over, some Auburn fans will accuse Bama of inflating the stats and Bama fans will laugh at the "scrubs" that Auburn got, often claiming they took the leftovers Bama didn't want.  Heard that with Bryant, Perkins, Curry, Stallings, Fran, DuBose, Shula and Saban.  Will never change.

The only thing that matters is what you do with the kids you get. 

For most of the last 20 years, Auburn's done pretty good with the classes they've gotten. For most of the last 20 years Bama's super classes haven't really panned out.  Maybe things change now.  Even if they do, it'll only be temporary. 

Unless Auburn buries itself with stupid decisions and botched coaching hires (dammit!), the scales will flip back just as quickly as they flipped over -- if they ever really flipped to begin with.  Last I checked one season wasn't a trend. 

Every coach since Bryant's had one of those blind squirrel years and had the raving lunatics dragging the houndstooth out of storage.  A year or two later, it goes back into mothballs. Unless proved otherwise, that's where we are today. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2009, 07:10:08 PM »
So rws states that Coach sabbin is 6-2 verses Auburn in recruiting, to date?

Lets look a little deeper shall we:
1. WR Jeremy Richardson
2. WR Antonio Goodwin
3. LB Jawara White
4. OL Shon Coleman
5. DL Kenneth Carter (says himself and his Head Coach)

(6-5)  So, rws, does that look like one team is beating the crap out of the other in head-to-head recruiting?

Now rws, if you were to do a little research, before you decided to open your yapper, you would've seen that SPuat has 8 prospects that has offers from Auburn.

I'll ask again, with correct information, does (8-5) look like one team is beating the crap outta the other in head-to-head recruiting?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 07:18:54 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2009, 07:36:32 PM »
So rws states that Coach sabbin is 6-2 verses Auburn in recruiting, to date?

Lets look a little deeper shall we:
1. WR Jeremy Richardson
2. WR Antonio Goodwin
3. LB Jawara White
4. OL Shon Coleman
5. DL Kenneth Carter (says himself and his Head Coach)

(6-5)  So, rws, does that look like one team is beating the crap out of the other in head-to-head recruiting?

Now rws, if you were to do a little research, before you decided to open your yapper, you would've seen that SPuat has 8 prospects that has offers from Auburn.

I'll ask again, with correct information, does (8-5) look like one team is beating the crap outta the other in head-to-head recruiting?
If you actually read what I said, I said IN-STATE. That was originally what Chizad said as well and after I showed him he was clearly incorrect that we were in danger of losing the head-to-head in-state battle, I asked him if he wanted to reword that to straight up head-to-head. Would I love to have Goodwin. Sure. Richardson? Damn straight. But those are about the only two highly rated ones we've lost out on, and go ahead and throw Owens in for good measure (I would hope AU wouldn't have any problem landing a legacy). My point that 10/14 in-state is not bad. We will have a 71% success rate on our in-state offers. You guys are batting 19% right now, but you also offered 10 more kids than we did. I'm more concerned about in-state than I am elsewhere, especially when you figure the guys we're getting are pretty damn good. The guys AU is pulling in are sort of hit and miss.

And furthermore, Rivals can't have bammer lose the head-to-head in-state recruiting battle, which they are in danger of, save for the revisionist history.  

I never went into straight up head-to-head because that wasn't what was being discussed at the time. Learn to read before you open your yapper.

Also, whats the deal with Chitty? He himself says he has an offer, and since that is good enough for you, why is his Auburn box unchecked? I see you danced around that one nicely.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 07:45:59 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2009, 07:42:23 PM »
If you actually read what I said, I said IN-STATE. That was originally what Chizad said as well and after I showed him he was clearly incorrect that we were in danger of losing the head-to-head in-state battle, I asked him if he wanted to reword that to straight up head-to-head.

I never went into straight up head-to-head because that wasn't what was being discussed at the time. Learn to read before you open your yapper.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2009, 09:47:10 PM »
Prowler
please, please, please walk away from this fight.  I'm sick of seeing your ass on a platter.
ass on a platter, from whom, exactly?  You, rws...?  That's hilarious.

As for BJ, rws, when he committed to Auburn, he committed to a verbal offer (since at the time he committed, no University can present a written offer) from the old coaching staff.  So, when the new coaching staff was formed, his verbal offer, that he committed to, was no longer on the table.  Is that so hard to understand?  Keep trying.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2009, 10:19:25 PM »
ass on a platter, from whom, exactly?  You, rws...?  That's hilarious.

As for BJ, rws, when he committed to Auburn, he committed to a verbal offer (since at the time he committed, no University can present a written offer) from the old coaching staff.  So, when the new coaching staff was formed, his verbal offer, that he committed to, was no longer on the table.  Is that so hard to understand?  Keep trying.
Either you just cannot read, or you just choose to selectively read. I'm not sure which one it is. I already stated that in an interview 8 days ago, Chitty claims to have an Auburn offer. However, his offer box isn't checked. Sooo, whats the story on that? Apparently a kid saying he has an offer is good enough for you on the Carter issue. Does the same not hold true with Chitty? Or is that theory only applied towards recruits that you pick and choose?  

Now, do yourself a favor and read the above information 3-4 times. Let it swirl around in there for a few minutes before you respond, and try to keep up this time. I don't want a bunch of bullshit about whatever, simply answer the questions above.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 10:21:38 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2009, 11:00:35 PM »
ass on a platter, from whom, exactly?  You, rws...?  That's hilarious.

As for BJ, rws, when he committed to Auburn, he committed to a verbal offer (since at the time he committed, no University can present a written offer) from the old coaching staff.  So, when the new coaching staff was formed, his verbal offer, that he committed to, was no longer on the table.  Is that so hard to understand?  Keep trying.

I deleted that post because I decided I didn't want to embarrass you.  Since you asked...

Yeah, I hate to say it, but just like BG did to Chopper over on that other board, you get your ass served to you on a regular basis here. 

Sometimes the better part of valor is knowing when to quit.  You are getting super fucked up, like a teenage black girl with razors has been at you in these arguments.   Know when to quit.  Your pal Chopper never did and BG turned his ass into hamburger on a regular basis.  It was fucking cringe-worthy watching him get mauled and not even being self aware enough to know he was being annihilated.  It's not that bad here yet, but you're getting plowed regularly. 

Just walk away.  Let them think what they want.  You'll win more often.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2009, 06:15:14 AM »
Either you just cannot read, or you just choose to selectively read. I'm not sure which one it is. I already stated that in an interview 8 days ago, Chitty claims to have an Auburn offer. However, his offer box isn't checked. Sooo, whats the story on that? Apparently a kid saying he has an offer is good enough for you on the Carter issue. Does the same not hold true with Chitty? Or is that theory only applied towards recruits that you pick and choose?  

Now, do yourself a favor and read the above information 3-4 times. Let it swirl around in there for a few minutes before you respond, and try to keep up this time. I don't want a bunch of bullshit about whatever, simply answer the questions above.
BJ can "claim" all he wants.  He doesn't have a firm offer, nor does he have a verbal offer....Auburn is not recruiting him, rws let that swirl around in your thin gray matter for a little while.  Auburn was recruiting him with the "Old Staff", therefore he had an offer.  Maybe he thinks that he still has that offer, idk.  What I do know is that if he wanted to commit, he couldn't.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2009, 09:25:35 AM »
BJ can "claim" all he wants.  He doesn't have a firm offer, nor does he have a verbal offer....Auburn is not recruiting him, rws let that swirl around in your thin gray matter for a little while.  Auburn was recruiting him with the "Old Staff", therefore he had an offer.  Maybe he thinks that he still has that offer, idk.  What I do know is that if he wanted to commit, he couldn't.
Carter can "claim" all he wants. He doesn't have a firm offer, nor does he havea verbal offer....Alabama is not recruiting him, Prowler let that swirl around in your thin gray matter for a while. He has never even camped at Alabama or anything. Maybe he thinks that he has an Alabama offer, idk. What I do know is that if he wanted to commit, he couldn't.

See how easy that is? So, Chitty claims to have an Auburn offer and its total BS, because he must be confused and you say so. Carter claims to have an Alabama offer, and its DA TRUF because he chose AU, and it helps your Chizik crusade.

Thats total bullshit. Thats part of my argument that the bullshit you spew only applies when you want it to. Oh, I forgot.....you "know things".  :taunt: Cameron Kenny goes somewhere else after committing to AU and oh, the new staff pulled his offer. We didn't want him anyways. How do you explain away that Carter didn't have an Alabama offer according to any of the three services on the 23rd, because there are threads on BOL asking who the hell this kid is and that he doesn't show an offer from us anywhere? I would love to know that answer, because you have danced around it for the past two pages. Something tells me Alabama isn't going to offer a relatively unknown DL with three offers for a class where DL is not a priority at all, especially when he has never camped at Alabama and is admittedly an Auburn fan since birth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2009, 09:39:41 AM »
Am I the only one around here who doesn't give a tin shit in an aluminum bucket about any of this bullshit? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2009, 09:44:02 AM »
Am I the only one around here who doesn't give a tin shit in an aluminum bucket about any of this bullshit? 

Huh????What????
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2009, 11:12:46 AM »
Huh????What????
I heard somewhere their periods attract bears. The bears can smell the menstruation!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2009, 11:23:35 AM »
I heard somewhere their periods attract bears. The bears can smell the menstruation!

Public News:  No commercials...NO MERCY!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2009, 11:31:04 AM »

I give a shit about recruiting, not as much as some, but I know what you are thinking.  Who cares if a recruit has an offer from one school or another and why waste your time trying to convince each other of it?  Like you said in another thread, teams will get who they get.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 11:33:14 AM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2009, 11:31:52 AM »

Timothy Treadwell?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2009, 06:28:09 PM »
Kenneth Carter DT 6'5" 265lbs. 4.9 40 Greenville, Ala.

Offers from:
Auburn
SPuat
Ole Miss
Kentucky
Southern Miss

Receiving interest from:
Georgia
Tennessee
Arkansas
Florida State

Junior season 60 Tackles 6 sacks.

Here's my PM to a few of the TigersX members in regards to the upcoming commitment.....notice the time and, no, the message was not altered.  The SPuat offer box was checked when I sent out the message.  I'm not sure what the hell you're talking about, regarding Cameron Kenney...Auburn wanted him and would still have liked to have landed him.  As for Chitty, is his Head Coach saying that he has an Auburn offer now?  Answer that question, before you come off looking dumber than you already are.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 06:29:55 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2009, 06:38:52 PM »
Here's my PM to a few of the TigersX members in regards to the upcoming commitment.....notice the time and, no, the message was not altered.  The SPuat offer box was checked when I sent out the message.  I'm not sure what the hell you're talking about, regarding Cameron Kenney...Auburn wanted him and would still have liked to have landed him.  As for Chitty, is his Head Coach saying that he has an Auburn offer now?  Answer that question, before you come off looking dumber than you already are.

Prowler, seriously, who gives a fiddling fuck?  You are getting completely punked in this debate.  Give it a rest.  

You posted your own post which is effectively fucking MEANINGLESS in terms of actual proof.  

It's like saying, yeah, the sun is made of chicken beaks.  Want proof? Here's where I said it was made of chicken beaks last fucking week!!  So boo-yah, motherfuckers.

Please.  Let it go.  Eat your ass sandwich and find another horse to ride.  This one's dead.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2009, 07:04:36 PM »
Wow, you can copy over information from an article. I'm impressed. All of that offer info was in different articles about him announcing his commitment a week from then. I looked at the services myself, along with others on the 23rd when we were all wondering who the hell this kid was.....I hate to bust your bubble, but the kid didn't show an Alabama offer. How convenient that you have "forgot" about Kenney all of a sudden. You were the main one spewing the whole "we pulled his offer" storyline. Nice. That was a pretty good back and forth between you and I, I'm surprised that you "forgot" it.

Oh, since now you've been shown the double standard with Chitty as an example, now what the recruit says doesn't count, but what his high school coach says is the final word? Thats typical of you, Prowler. Very typical. The rules always change to whatever you need them to as a thread progresses. You can believe what you want, thats fine with me. Our class is in great shape as it is. I'm beyond done with you and should have stopped replying a long time ago.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions