dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Grant, who get's him?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 12:50:10 PM »
Probably Florida. 

Doesn't make sense to go to Bama because Saban likes big running backs to pound the ball.

I completely understand trying to get away from family in Auburn/Opelika.

Florida thrives on speedy smaller running backs. 

But whatever.  Doesn't really matter to me since I'm pretty certain he's not coming to Auburn. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 01:44:40 PM »
I say bama, AU got in on his recruitment late and I don't think that he will go to Flordia.....then again who knows when you are dealing with 17 and 18 yr old kids.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 03:05:34 PM »
Once again, there is stipulation on the fact that you are a blithering idiot...

Was there a question?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 03:09:51 PM »
Once again, there is stipulation on the fact that you are a blithering idiot...

Was there a question?

Wench, honey, let the men talk about sports.  The dust pan is in the closet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 03:20:15 PM »
Wench, honey, let the men talk about sports.  The dust pan is in the closet.
Shit...I can't wait for her to tear you a new(er) vagina.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 03:51:24 PM »
AWK, I don't have to prove myself to a mouthbreathing inbred.  Tearing him a new one would be validating his existence, and he is not worthy of my time.  He baits me in hopes of getting new material for whatever fantasy about me he uses to jerk off to... too bad any real fantasy about me would take longer than 48 seconds...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 04:11:46 PM »
AWK, I don't have to prove myself to a mouthbreathing inbred.  Tearing him a new one would be validating his existence, and he is not worthy of my time.  He baits me in hopes of getting new material for whatever fantasy about me he uses to jerk off to... too bad any real fantasy about me would take longer than 48 seconds...

Well then damn, tear me a new one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Birmingham

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 04:12:03 PM »
AWK, I don't have to prove myself to a mouthbreathing inbred.  Tearing him a new one would be validating his existence, and he is not worthy of my time.  He baits me in hopes of getting new material for whatever fantasy about me he uses to jerk off to... too bad any real fantasy about me would take longer than 48 seconds...

In your ramblings you forgot to ask me what I wanted for dinner.  Don't let this happen again, you've been warned.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2009, 04:41:30 PM »
I just wish somebody would buy the fucker a dictionary and a book on proper word usage. 

He "fuck's" up the title of this thread, even.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2009, 04:47:32 PM »
Get's = get is, C'mon Kevin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Birmingham

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2009, 05:01:40 PM »
I just wish somebody would buy the fucker a dictionary and a book on proper word usage. 

He "fuck's" up the title of this thread, even.

I thought we clarified that your grammar and spelling is little more than that of a 1st grader.  This was proven to the point that I was getting requests to let the matter rest.  Guess I need to prove how retarded you are once more.  Certainly not a hard task, skank.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2009, 05:22:41 PM »
Is this the same Birmingham with the erectile dysfunction problem that posted on AUnation for a while.  If so, tell your wife and my kid I said hello.  Oh, after you kiss your wife, let me know how my dick taste.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2009, 05:40:32 PM »
bammer.

Florida is too far away and his dad his a HS football coach that can't leave until real late friday/early saturday to go see him play. Apparently he doesn't like the idea of going to college 15 minutes from his parents house. I can't blame him for that (I wouldn't have wanted to either), but it still sucks bammer is the third team in the equation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2009, 05:59:34 PM »
Is this the same Birmingham with the erectile dysfunction problem that posted on AUnation for a while.  If so, tell your wife and my kid I said hello.  Oh, after you kiss your wife, let me know how my dick taste.

Well, that's one way to come outta the gates.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2009, 06:04:14 PM »
Probably Florida. 

Doesn't make sense to go to Bama because Saban likes big running backs to pound the ball.  
One of the things CNS and McElwain have harped on is using backs out of the backfield on passing plays as well. Grant could do well at RB or in the slot, so I think he fits the bill nicely. We ran a decent amount of passing plays to Ingram last season, and I think they would like to build on that.

Bama bound.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2009, 06:58:54 PM »
He'll be in houndstooth, come Thursday evening.  If Florida or Auburn was located where SPuat is, he'd be going to one of those two schools.  Corey has stated that he wants to get away, but not too far, which would put SPuat in a perfect location.  He'll be a DB, just like Burton Scott.  I wonder if the SPuat coaches used the same playbook in recruiting Mr. Grant as they did BJ? 

Coach sabben: "Corey, we want to get the ball in your hands anyway that we can, we want you to be our gamebreaker RB."

Corey Grant: "I'd like to play in the slot some."

Coach sabbin: "Well then, we want you to be our gamebreaker slot WR."

Corey Grant: "That sounds great coach, I'm ready to be your gamebreaker."

Coach sabban: "Corey, go over to the defensive side of the ball...yeah you look good over there, you'll be third string CB.  NEXT!!!"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Birmingham

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2009, 07:02:29 PM »
Coach sabben: "Corey, we want to get the ball in your hands anyway that we can, we want you to be our gamebreaker RB."

Coach sabban: "Corey, go over to the defensive side of the ball...yeah you look good over there, you'll be third string CB.  NEXT!!!"

Coach Saban has never told ANY player to go play ANY other position.  They play at a position they want until they are ready to move.  If they come to him and feel like they may better serve the team somewhere else, THEN, he talks to them about what other positions may be good fits for them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2009, 07:52:57 PM »
I hope you are being sarcastic bham, because if not, that may be the dumbest thing I have ever read.

With all this being said, I think he may commit to Auburn tomorrow. I know nothing other than he has spent a lot of time in Auburn recently and that has to be a plus. I think Auburn got in the game a bit too late and didn't recruit him as hard at first as some others. I think though that the staff has really tried to get him on campus lately and Auburn may have a shot to get him.

Like I said in the other thread though, it won't crush me if he goes elsewhere. I would like to get him, but if we don't, let's get these other 2 we have a shot at.

Also, I was thinking. This would be the only reason I would see to have silent commitments from Dyer and Seastrunk...to have a better shot at landing someone like Grant. What say you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2009, 10:03:48 PM »
He'll be in houndstooth, come Thursday evening.  If Florida or Auburn was located where SPuat is, he'd be going to one of those two schools.  Corey has stated that he wants to get away, but not too far, which would put SPuat in a perfect location.  He'll be a DB, just like Burton Scott.  I wonder if the SPuat coaches used the same playbook in recruiting Mr. Grant as they did BJ?  

Coach sabban: "Corey, go over to the defensive side of the ball...yeah you look good over there, you'll be third string CB.  NEXT!!!"
If you actually have read what CNS has said in the past about moving players, it would make a little sense. He will not move a player unless they ask to be moved or they agree to be moved. We have had guys that he has moved, they didn't like it, so they move back. Like he has said numerous times, there is no sense in moving a guy to a position that he is unhappy playing or otherwise doesn't want to play. If they are somewhere they are not happy at, do you really think you're going to get any kind of production out of them? I highly doubt it. Does that make any sense in your thick head? I highly doubt that too.

Grant would be good at slot or RB, or catching out of the backfield. That is one of the two types of RBs CNS likes to have due to multiples. He stated that numerous times in the past. Hell, we thought Grant would become that RB. BJ Scott was an Athlete coming out of HS. Even when he was coming on campus he stated he was coming in as WR and thats where he wanted to come in, but would have to see how it worked out. And for fucks sake, the kid was an Alabama fan. Like we really had to lie through our teeth to get him.  :taunt:

Also, I wouldn't rely on TitanTiger for your arguing points. I know thats where you got the whole BJ Scott argument, because its the exact same bullshit they are spewing over on AUN.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 10:06:06 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler