Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Grant, who get's him? (updated: Bama)

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Grant, who get's him?
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2009, 10:26:21 PM »
I didn't get that from Titantiger, I actually remember BJ saying that Coach sabben had been looking at him as a DB, but when he came over to watch one of his games or a practice (we all know what that means....combine drills), that's when sabbin told BJ that he wanted him on the offensive side of the ball and BJ said something to the affect of "that stunned me, because he'd be recruiting me for the defensive side of the ball" then when he signed he said that he was coming in as a WR to add more athletisism to the position.  It's going to be hard to be a playmaking WR when he's a third string DB, LOL.  So, I'll ask this question, who's going to see the field first?  RB/WR Corey Grant, DB DeMarcus Milliner, WR Kendall Kelly, DE Anthony Orr, DB Burton Scott or DB Dre Kirkpatrick
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2009, 10:36:32 AM »

With all this being said, I think he may commit to Auburn tomorrow. I know nothing other than he has spent a lot of time in Auburn recently and that has to be a plus. I think Auburn got in the game a bit too late and didn't recruit him as hard at first as some others. I think though that the staff has really tried to get him on campus lately and Auburn may have a shot to get him.

Just saw where rivals had him at Auburn for less than 10% with a down arrow. I guess those guys know he is Bama bound...so I guess I change my pick...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

#1Bammer

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2009, 11:49:02 AM »
I didn't get that from Titantiger, I actually remember BJ saying that Coach sabben had been looking at him as a DB, but when he came over to watch one of his games or a practice (we all know what that means....combine drills), that's when sabbin told BJ that he wanted him on the offensive side of the ball and BJ said something to the affect of "that stunned me, because he'd be recruiting me for the defensive side of the ball" then when he signed he said that he was coming in as a WR to add more athletisism to the position.  It's going to be hard to be a playmaking WR when he's a third string DB, LOL.  So, I'll ask this question, who's going to see the field first?  RB/WR Corey Grant, DB DeMarcus Milliner, WR Kendall Kelly, DE Anthony Orr, DB Burton Scott or DB Dre Kirkpatrick

Wow. Glad to see you know some Bama players names. Wait a minute..... you should know b/c Bama is all you ever talk about.

BTW, were still waiting for that "hammer" to fall! lol
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2009, 06:16:42 PM »
Wow. Glad to see you know some Bama players names. Wait a minute..... you should know b/c Bama is all you ever talk about.

BTW, were still waiting for that "hammer" to fall! lol
"ain't nuttin' to it"..... :sad:

so bammer.....who's going to see the field first?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Birmingham

Re: Grant, who get's him? (updated: Bama)
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2009, 08:09:38 PM »
pure speed
:jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2009, 08:19:03 PM »
pure speed
:jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw:

Wow.  Man.  I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight unless I know one of our commits has a 18 jaw drops worthy video on YouTube.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 08:20:15 PM by AuburnChopper2.0 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2009, 08:25:12 PM »
Wow.  Man.  I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight unless I know one of our commits has a 18 jaw drops worthy video on YouTube.

It's kinda the same thing as grillz but way more important.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2009, 08:26:47 PM »
that speed is going to look good at DB within two years....if he isn't replaced.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2009, 10:18:05 PM »
that speed is going to look good at DB within two years....if he isn't replaced.

It's too cool when this is all you have to work with.  By the way, how many grillz was Cory, perry?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2009, 10:20:51 PM »
The kid has serious vision to go along with that speed.  It's amazing they didn't use him more because his stats aren't mind boggling by any stretch.  We'll see in his senior season if he's the go to guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2009, 01:51:50 AM »
The kid has serious vision to go along with that speed.  It's amazing they didn't use him more because his stats aren't mind boggling by any stretch.  We'll see in his senior season if he's the go to guy.
I was impressed with his video, the kid has talent and speed. His style reminds me of Trent Richardson.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2009, 06:23:22 AM »
Corey would've gotten 5 Grillz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2009, 09:41:04 AM »
Maybe I missed it.  Did he commit already?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2009, 09:55:31 AM »
Maybe I missed it.  Did he commit already?
Yep.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2009, 01:29:57 PM »
pure speed

But wait, he never broke tackles at the LOS, so he can't be worth shit, right Prowler? Or is he just blazing fast? Since apparently if you don't get touched by the front four, but can make it past the other 7 defenders on the field, you're not so good.

Back on topic:  In that highlight, how many times did Fowler get touched by the front four? It wasn't because he's blazing fast either.

Anyway, damn that kid can make some moves....
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 01:36:10 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2009, 01:46:16 PM »
But wait, he never broke tackles at the LOS, so he can't be worth shit, right Prowler? Or is he just blazing fast? Since apparently if you don't get touched by the front four, but can make it past the other 7 defenders on the field, you're not so good.

Anyway, damn that kid can make some moves....

He is no Michael Dyer or Lache Seastrunk...but yeah...he can run...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2009, 02:16:51 PM »
He is no Michael Dyer or Lache Seastrunk...but yeah...he can run...
Man, I didn't see Seastrunk breaking many tackles at the LOS either. I guess he sucks as well.

Seriously though, those two are damned good athletes. There is no denying that. My only issue with Seastrunk is that he is very immature. I know these are 17 year old kids and all, but he is very immature. He has been to camps before and sometims if he burns a defender he points and laughs in their faces (on more than one occasion at more than one camp), will wear clothing items from 2-3 different teams during a camp, has a "really funny plan" for his commitment, etc. You will very very rarely see me dump on a recruit, because I don't think its cool to dump on a guy just because of what school he chooses to play at. If you want to see a classy recruit, go talk to LaDarius Owens. I know we want him and he will go to AU, but that is one classy kid and has handled his recruitment very well and with a level head.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2009, 02:26:54 PM »
Man, I didn't see Seastrunk breaking many tackles at the LOS either. I guess he sucks as well.

Seriously though, those two are damned good athletes. There is no denying that. My only issue with Seastrunk is that he is very immature. I know these are 17 year old kids and all, but he is very immature. He has been to camps before and sometims if he burns a defender he points and laughs in their faces (on more than one occasion at more than one camp), will wear clothing items from 2-3 different teams during a camp, has a "really funny plan" for his commitment, etc. You will very very rarely see me dump on a recruit, because I don't think its cool to dump on a guy just because of what school he chooses to play at. If you want to see a classy recruit, go talk to LaDarius Owens. I know we want him and he will go to AU, but that is one classy kid and has handled his recruitment very well and with a level head.

Agreed with everything you just said...

Dyer seems to be very well spoken and saying the right things IMO.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2009, 02:35:37 PM »
I think all 3 have amazing talent and speed. I hope we get Dyer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

RWS

« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2009, 02:47:03 PM »
I think all 3 have amazing talent and speed. I hope we get Dyer.
I think Dyer and Seastrunk will happen, but I'm more confident in Dyer signing than Seastrunk. Hard to read immaturity.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions