Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Can I depend on you guys?

Birmingham

Can I depend on you guys?
« on: June 03, 2009, 09:21:21 AM »
Can I depend on you guys to not give me a hard time when the NCAA ruling is handed down?  I'll be in a vulnerable state and would appreciate it if you guys would maybe just not discuss it much.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 09:23:12 AM by Birmingham »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: Can I depend on you guys?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 09:38:56 AM »
I could give 2 fucks less what happens to Alabama. I will just think it's fucking hilarious that the savior was only scoring recruits by cheating his ass off....

IF it is proved to be that way...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 09:40:29 AM »
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 09:40:46 AM »
Can I depend on you guys to not give me a hard time when the NCAA ruling is handed down?  I'll be in a vulnerable state and would appreciate it if you guys would maybe just not discuss it much.

You and a couple of others around here will only get the usual ribbing as far as I'm concerned but there are some others that will have to crawl back under their rock to hide.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Birmingham

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 09:46:33 AM »
I could give 2 fucks less what happens to Alabama. I will just think it's fucking hilarious that the savior was only scoring recruits by cheating his ass off....

IF it is proved to be that way...

Obviously I was kidding when I started this thread but just to be on the same page, you do realize that there aren't any recruiting violations involved with the textbook case, right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 09:49:28 AM »
Obviously I was kidding when I started this thread but just to be on the same page, you do realize that there aren't any recruiting violations involved with the textbook case, right?

Well if that is all that comes down...I really couldn't care less...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 09:53:42 AM »

I don't know what there is or isn't.  This was more of a general statement.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Birmingham

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 09:56:11 AM »
Sani, I was talking about WarEagle!!!'s comment.  I appreciate your kindness though, I'll go fist myself now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009, 09:59:12 AM »

Well if that is all that comes down...I really couldn't care less...

:blink: :blink: :blink:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2009, 10:03:02 AM »

Unless you consider Failure to Monitor a violation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2009, 10:06:16 AM »

You don't know that. 

The NCAA was pretty harsh in their PLOI.  They very well could have discovered people associated with Alabama mentioning the textbook scam to recruits as a means of swaying them to sign with UA. 

I've got no evidence to back that up, but it's not out of the realm of possibility. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Birmingham

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2009, 10:22:35 AM »
Quote from: Birmingham on Today at 07:46:33 AM

Unless you consider Failure to Monitor a violation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2009, 10:25:12 AM »
You don't know that.

The NCAA was pretty harsh in their PLOI.  They very well could have discovered people associated with Alabama mentioning the textbook scam to recruits as a means of swaying them to sign with UA.

I've got no evidence to back that up, but it's not out of the realm of possibility. 

Soooo.... they would tell potential student athletes that if they'd come to Alabama they would get free textbooks???  How would that be any different than any other school?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2009, 10:33:06 AM »
Soooo.... they would tell potential student athletes that if they'd come to Alabama they would get free textbooks???  How would that be any different than any other school?

Key word is scam, reading comprehension.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2009, 10:35:00 AM »
Soooo.... they would tell potential student athletes that if they'd come to Alabama they would get free textbooks that they do not need and could then sale back for the benjamins???  How would that be any different than any other school?

is how I read it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2009, 10:37:16 AM »

Come to bama, so you can make a little extra cash selling your books as well as all your friend's books back.  Then, come the stripper parties and the blow.  Well...as soon as we find another distributor.  You interested?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2009, 10:41:37 AM »
Come to bama, so you can make a little extra cash selling your books as well as all your friend's books back.  Then, come the stripper parties and the blow.  Well...as soon as we find another distributor.  You interested?
How could they possibly sell them back to the school to make a profit? They were "checked out" under the student athlete's account. A book checked out under the student athlete's account has to come back to the store just the same, otherwise the athlete will get charged for it. Its the same concept as a library. If I were a student athlete and got a book I shouldn't have with my account, and then I gave it to a friend, and that friend didn't return it, I would be charged. If I return the book as I should, then I won't get charged and I don't get any money back, because I never paid money for it in the first place. Or, am I totally incorrect about how student athletes books are checked out? I don't see how any book given to a student athlete could possibly be returned for cash because it was free to them in the first place, correct? The whole time he was at a particular school, he would be labeled a student athlete, correct?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 10:44:03 AM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2009, 10:53:13 AM »
How could they possibly sell them back to the school to make a profit? They were "checked out" under the student athlete's account. A book checked out under the student athlete's account has to come back to the store just the same, otherwise the athlete will get charged for it. Its the same concept as a library. If I were a student athlete and got a book I shouldn't have with my account, and then I gave it to a friend, and that friend didn't return it, I would be charged. If I return the book as I should, then I won't get charged and I don't get any money back, because I never paid money for it in the first place. Or, am I totally incorrect about how student athletes books are checked out? I don't see how any book given to a student athlete could possibly be returned for cash because it was free to them in the first place, correct? The whole time he was at a particular school, he would be labeled a student athlete, correct?

Geez...your sacrasm meter is obviously broken.  Thanks for the diatribe though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2009, 10:55:03 AM »

It is the same concept as the library...or at least it's supposed to be.  I thought the allegations were that student athletes were getting their free books and instead of returning them, they were SELLING them to other people therefore turning a profit.  Am I wrong on that? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2009, 10:56:47 AM »
It is the same concept as the library...or at least it's supposed to be.  I thought the allegations were that student athletes were getting their free books and instead of returning them, they were SELLING them to other people therefore turning a profit.  Am I wrong on that? 

I thought they were trading them straight up for cars in Gadsden.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions