Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Can I depend on you guys?

Birmingham

Re: Can I depend on you guys?
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2009, 11:05:31 AM »
It is the same concept as the library...or at least it's supposed to be.  I thought the allegations were that student athletes were getting their free books and instead of returning them, they were SELLING them to other people therefore turning a profit.  Am I wrong on that?

Zero dollars and zero cents were involved in any of the book violations.  They were getting books for their friends.  It has been made rather clear than no money changed hands.  I'm certain that most don't believe that.  I probably wouldn't if the roles were reversed. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2009, 11:23:22 AM »
Zero dollars and zero cents were involved in any of the book violations.  They were getting books for their friends.  It has been made rather clear than no money changed hands.  I'm certain that most don't believe that.  I probably wouldn't if the roles were reversed. 
Correct. If you read the report from UA, the NCAA agreed with them that no money every changed hands between anybody. This was confirmed through questioning from the UA staff and NCAA investigators. At the time of the report, all books had either been returned or were paid for in full by any student athlete involved.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2009, 11:25:16 AM »
If all this is the case...you guys have nothing to worry about. Good luck with that!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2009, 11:28:35 AM »

Who then sold them and laundered the money.

"Okay.OK.OK"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2009, 12:10:27 PM »
Can I depend on you guys to not give me a hard time when the NCAA ruling is handed down?  
You are in luck,  partially anyway.  Most of the guys on this board are incapable of giving ANYONE a hard time without pharmaceutical intervention...

But as for me?  You can depend on me to remind you every time you show up around here that you are an inbred white trash fuckstick from the Ham.  Take your pleas for sympathy and shove them up your ass along with your "feelings" - damn, boy, I done told you once this ain't no gotdamm Dr. Phil show...

Hugs!!

TW
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2009, 01:38:51 PM »
Can I depend on you guys to not give me a hard time when the NCAA ruling is handed down?  I'll be in a vulnerable state and would appreciate it if you guys would maybe just not discuss it much.

Shut up. BITCH!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2009, 02:22:40 PM »
Shut up. BITCH!

Friend...you don't say much, but when you do it's to the point and I salute you for it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Argo

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2009, 05:55:29 PM »
I thought they were trading them straight up for cars in Gadsden.

Well honestly, a book does hold around the same value as a car in this new and improved economy.  I say it's totally fair.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2009, 06:04:59 PM »
Correct. If you read the report from UA, the NCAA agreed with them that no money every changed hands between anybody. This was confirmed through questioning from the UA staff and NCAA investigators. At the time of the report, all books had either been returned or were paid for in full by any student athlete involved.
Ever consider that the friends got the books at a fraction of the cost with the stipulation they had to be returned at the end of semester? Kinda like renting the book.
Then the player/students involved lied about receiving cash.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2009, 08:59:43 PM »
Just a side note.  I personally don't give a flying fuck about textbook fondling or whatever the hell they did.  I think student athletes deserve a little spending cabbage anyway.  Scholarships are worth a shitload of money and value that can't be measured...(If they choose to take advantage of it)  But, these athletes are making quasi-skwazillions for the school too.  They need a little peel off to be able to go to the movies, take a date out to eat, have a beer if they so choose...Hell, selling my textbooks at the end of a semester was straight up buttah, baby.  $26.32 cash money in hand.  6-pack and a dime bag...good times. 

Now, if coaches or boosters or whoever are paying recruits, buying cars, givin' mama a house or remodeling her kitchen...fuck em'.  You're breaking the rules.  You're cheating like I did on my Chemistry final.  You deserve to go down. 

But textbooks?  Please.  It's almost embarrassing to make fun of that. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Birmingham

« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2009, 09:18:10 PM »
It's criminal that they make money off of each players likeness every year (NCAA football 2010) and they aren't compensated for it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2009, 09:23:41 PM »
$26.32 cash money in hand.  6-pack and a dime bag...good times. 
For $26.32? In the 80's? You had expensive taste for a college kid.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2009, 09:32:36 PM »
Just a side note.  I personally don't give a flying fuck about textbook fondling or whatever the hell they did.  I think student athletes deserve a little spending cabbage anyway.  Scholarships are worth a shitload of money and value that can't be measured...(If they choose to take advantage of it)  But, these athletes are making quasi-skwazillions for the school too.  They need a little peel off to be able to go to the movies, take a date out to eat, have a beer if they so choose...Hell, selling my textbooks at the end of a semester was straight up buttah, baby.  $26.32 cash money in hand.  6-pack and a dime bag...good times. 

Now, if coaches or boosters or whoever are paying recruits, buying cars, givin' mama a house or remodeling her kitchen...fuck em'.  You're breaking the rules.  You're cheating like I did on my Chemistry final.  You deserve to go down. 

But textbooks?  Please.  It's almost embarrassing to make fun of that. 

Do you read my posts and then just agree with what I say? Damn...my dad taught you well! It must be that great Jeff Davis Diploma!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2009, 09:57:55 PM »
Do you read my posts and then just agree with what I say? Damn...my dad taught you well! It must be that great Jeff Davis Diploma!

I never read your posts.  I have you on ignore, beeeeyyyoootch!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

number1bammer

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2009, 12:20:21 PM »
I could give 2 fucks less what happens to Alabama. I will just think it's fucking hilarious that the savior was only scoring recruits by cheating his ass off....

IF it is proved to be that way...

Speaking of scoring recruits....what time is the Demarcus Milliner presser today :thumbsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

#1Bammer

« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2009, 12:21:19 PM »
Speaking of scoring recruits....what time is the Demarcus Milliner presser today :thumbsup:

1:00 p.m.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2009, 12:28:54 PM »
  1:00 p.m.

Wait a damn minute...there can't be two number 1 bammers, no matter how you type it.
It's GO Time!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

number1bammer

« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2009, 12:34:25 PM »
NO Shit, this is proposperous :jaw:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

#1Bammer

« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2009, 12:38:54 PM »
NO Shit, this is proposperous :jaw:

Shut your cockholster, I am the REAL #1Bammer!!!!!!!!!!! :moon:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

number1bammer

« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2009, 12:41:01 PM »
The way you throw the term "cockholster" around, you sound like prowler's "partner"!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions