Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Demarcus Milliner

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Demarcus Milliner
« on: May 25, 2009, 04:30:59 PM »
After he basically gave a shout-out to Alabama and staff in an AuburnSports.com interview, how do you guys feel about him?

Prowler, if we land him, what will the excuse be? Escalade? Cash? New kitchen? Charger?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Re: Demarcus Milliner
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 04:43:23 PM »
He's been a Bama lock from the beginning.  And since you're reading Auburnsports.com, you might want to mention that Bryan Matthews admitted on The Bunker that Demarcus was a Bama lock and included that quote specifically to tell Auburn fans not to get excited about him. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

RWS

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 04:49:10 PM »
He's been a Bama lock from the beginning.  And since you're reading Auburnsports.com, you might want to mention that Bryan Matthews admitted on The Bunker that Demarcus was a Bama lock and included that quote specifically to tell Auburn fans not to get excited about him. 
I check up on AuburnSports.com, but I don't have access to The Bunker. Thats a team subscription specific forum. The main intent of my post was to rile up the likes of Prowler and those like him that would provide entertainment on an otherwise slow day at work.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 05:22:31 PM »
I would say he wanted to go to Bama.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 06:27:54 PM »
I would say that he's a bammer lock and that y'all got a good one.  Basically what I said about Craig Sanders.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 07:08:06 PM »
I would say that he's a bammer lock and that y'all got a good one.  Basically what I said about Craig Sanders.
You didn't say the first word about him being a "bammer lock" until after he had already committed. You had originally said that Sanders thought it was tacky how Kirby Smart had supposedly made his entrance at Ariton High during the Tiger Prowl. It almost seems as if right after the AU coaches were there you wanted to put it in a light of AU having a shot by telling the story of how Sanders thought Kirby Smart was being "tacky". But then when he signed with Alabama, then came all the crap about Kirby Smart talking to his mom, and all the other bullshit. Not once have I seen where you have said he was a good pickup for us. You always try to manage some little story of negativity for everybody that commits to Alabama, like nobody would ever willingly commit to play football at Alabama because they simply want to.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 07:09:07 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 07:23:29 PM »
You didn't say the first word about him being a "bammer lock" until after he had already committed. You had originally said that Sanders thought it was tacky how Kirby Smart had supposedly made his entrance at Ariton High during the Tiger Prowl. It almost seems as if right after the AU coaches were there you wanted to put it in a light of AU having a shot by telling the story of how Sanders thought Kirby Smart was being "tacky". But then when he signed with Alabama, then came all the crap about Kirby Smart talking to his mom, and all the other bullshit. Not once have I seen where you have said he was a good pickup for us. You always try to manage some little story of negativity for everybody that commits to Alabama, like nobody would ever willingly commit to play football at Alabama because they simply want to.
Craig Sanders did think that the little move by Coach Smart was tacky and I posted the story about Coach Smart stopping by a "Certain" hardware store, weeks before CS committed to the turds....the hardware store is run by CS' mother (that's not just some crap).  Also, Auburn was starting to having a really good shot at landing Craig, before he committed to y'all.  I don't think he's the type of person to change his commitment after it's already been made, but after the NCAA hands down their sanctions, I wouldn't be too surprised to see it change.  Regardless, he's a good commitment that y'all picked up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 07:32:11 PM »
Craig Sanders did think that the little move by Coach Smart was tacky and I posted the story about Coach Smart stopping by a "Certain" hardware store, weeks before CS committed to the turds....the hardware store is run by CS' mother (that's not just some crap).  Also, Auburn was starting to having a really good shot at landing Craig, before he committed to y'all.  I don't think he's the type of person to change his commitment after it's already been made, but after the NCAA hands down their sanctions, I wouldn't be too surprised to see it change.  Regardless, he's a good commitment that y'all picked up.
So, he thought it was tacky and looked poorly upon the representation of the university, but then committed weeks after? Really? You can't even say he is a good pickup without putting as many astericks as possible in front of it. Say, whats the name of the hardware store we are talking about? How was AU "starting to having a really good shot" at landing him, since he was a "bammer lock from birth" as others have put it? Ah, the good ol' "when the NCAA hands down their sanctions....."; the proverbial ace in the hole when you can't think of any other bullshit to spew.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 07:32:57 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 07:53:01 PM »
None of that is spewing bullshit.  The NCAA is going to hand down their Sanctions and there's a possibility that it could affect y'all recruiting class....especially if it's worse than 4 scholarships lost over 2 years with an additional of 3-5 years of probation.  If you can't see that it could have an effect on your recruiting class, then you need to open your eyes now and realize that it could.

Also, the reason why Auburn was starting to have a really good shot at landing Craig was because they were starting to recruit him hard than SPuat was, but if you've followed recruiting then you know things can and do change in the matter of one phone call.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2009, 08:07:24 PM »
None of that is spewing bullshit.  The NCAA is going to hand down their Sanctions and there's a possibility that it could affect y'all recruiting class....especially if it's worse than 4 scholarships lost over 2 years with an additional of 3-5 years of probation.  If you can't see that it could have an effect on your recruiting class, then you need to open your eyes now and realize that it could.

Also, the reason why Auburn was starting to have a really good shot at landing Craig was because they were starting to recruit him hard than SPuat was, but if you've followed recruiting then you know things can and do change in the matter of one phone call.
Right now our class if halfway full. Do you really think these kids are not aware of impending sanctions? Do you think other schools have not negatively recruited against Alabama with this? Do you think they painted the prettiest picture possible, or the ridiculously worst case scenario while recruiting against us? As far as sanctions go, I don't think we're going to be in that much trouble, and I don't really see the class falling apart or anything due to the NCAA's decision. At this point, it is not even guaranteed that anything happened while we were still on probation. For that matter, we're talking about a "failure to monitor", not even the "lack of institutional control" charge that you guys like to throw around.

As far as AU beginning to have a better shot, its all a matter of message board hearsay, as I think much of recruiting is nowadays. You don't have any proof that he was starting to lean one way anymore than I have proof that he was leaning another. If I were to subscribe to your notion that he was turning more towards AU because Alabama wasn't recruiting him as hard, I could just as easily say Alabama wasn't on him as hard as AU was because he had already told Alabama coaches that he planned on committing to them in the near future.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 08:13:14 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 09:00:31 PM »
Right now our class if halfway full. Do you really think these kids are not aware of impending sanctions? Do you think other schools have not negatively recruited against Alabama with this? Do you think they painted the prettiest picture possible, or the ridiculously worst case scenario while recruiting against us? As far as sanctions go, I don't think we're going to be in that much trouble, and I don't really see the class falling apart or anything due to the NCAA's decision. At this point, it is not even guaranteed that anything happened while we were still on probation. For that matter, we're talking about a "failure to monitor", not even the "lack of institutional control" charge that you guys like to throw around.

Do you not realize that FTM is a notch below LOIC?  It is a Major Violation and if SPuat could've produced textbook records, that dated back to the Gene Jelks violations, LOIC would be placed on y'alls shoulders, because it would show that this has been ongoing for quite some time.  But, "there's nothing to it".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2009, 09:17:17 PM »
Do you not realize that FTM is a notch below LOIC?  It is a Major Violation and if SPuat could've produced textbook records, that dated back to the Gene Jelks violations, LOIC would be placed on y'alls shoulders, because it would show that this has been ongoing for quite some time.  But, "there's nothing to it".
I see that you didn't want to touch the second half of that post with a 10 ft. clown pole. Probably because it would require specific knowledge and details, neither of which you have. Unless the guy who posted it on whatever board you got it off of was readily available.

As for the NCAA, again, I am not much worried. The following bylaws were the ones Ball State violated:

2.1.1 Responsibility for Control.
2.1.2 Scope of Responsibility.
2.8.1 Responsibility of Institution.
6.01.1 Institutional Control.
15.2.3 Books.
15.5.3.1.2 Women's Sports.
15.5.6.1 Bowl Subdivision Football.
16.11.2.1 General Rule.
17.02.1 Countable Athletically Related Activities.
17.02.13 Voluntary Athletically Related Activities.
17.1.6.1 Daily and Weekly Hour Limitations -- Playing Season.
17.1.6.2 Weekly Hour Limitations -- Outside the Playing Season.
17.1.6.2.1 Institutional Vacation Period and Summer.
17.1.6.2.2 Skill Instruction -- Sports other than Baseball and Football.

Some of the things they were doing were way worse. They originally self reported some of the violations, but then it was found they did not report everything to the NCAA. The NCAA gleaned this info by interviewing former students that had been listed in the original report. Their kids were getting things like iPods and such as well as books, AND making profits off of the books. They ended up with a 2 year probation and a loss of 3 scholarships over 2 years. This whole thing involved 89 students over 10 different sports. This involved about $27,000 worth of textbooks. While they were not in a "repeat offender" window, its not guaranteed that any of our infractions will be counted as such either. I wouldn't imagine we would get much worse than Ball State did if you use them as a precedent. However, with the NCAA, who the hell knows.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 09:26:38 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2009, 02:34:17 PM »
I wouldn't imagine we would get much worse than Ball State did if you use them as a precedent. However, with the NCAA, who the hell knows.

Somebody pull up those great quotes from the last bama/NCAA go-round.  Something about barrels and god helping them if they ever get tagged again.  Those are a fun read.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2009, 02:36:20 PM »
Somebody pull up those great quotes from the last bama/NCAA go-round.  Something about barrels and god helping them if they ever get tagged again.  Those are a fun read.
Now thats my kind of party.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

RWS

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2009, 05:06:20 PM »
So, he thought it was tacky and looked poorly upon the representation of the university, but then committed weeks after? Really? You can't even say he is a good pickup without putting as many astericks as possible in front of it. Say, whats the name of the hardware store we are talking about? How was AU "starting to having a really good shot" at landing him, since he was a "bammer lock from birth" as others have put it? Ah, the good ol' "when the NCAA hands down their sanctions....."; the proverbial ace in the hole when you can't think of any other bullshit to spew.
Prowler, you ready to give up the name of that hardware store yet? Or is this going to end up like the thread where I asked you to give the name of whatever pharmacy you were talking about and why it mattered to anything? Or any other thread that I ever ask you to give specific information beyond your little message board friends.

<crickets>
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2009, 05:07:20 PM »
For some reason, even if this fell into our repeat offender window, I don't see the NCAA going apeshit on us over it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2009, 05:09:43 PM »
For some reason, even if this fell into our repeat offender window, I don't see the NCAA going apeshit on us over it.

Of course you don't.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

RWS

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2009, 05:29:22 PM »
Of course you don't.
We shall see, any day now hopefully.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2009, 08:56:34 PM »
3 weeks
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2009, 10:06:00 PM »
We shall see, any day now hopefully.

The Presidents, ADs and coaches are in Destin this week.  It'll be next week at least. 

Dan Wetzel says expect nothing because the NCAA is softer than a teenage girl's pussy on prom night.  Then again, he could just be mad that his story didn't hammer USC into the ground. 

Cecil Hurt sounded mighty shakey today saying the sanctions could be worse than expected.  Finebaum poked at a bowl ban. 

Which would you believe? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole