Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Demarcus Milliner

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Demarcus Milliner
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2009, 10:18:54 PM »
I say little or nothing.  If the NCAA can't/won't do shit to this point with the mountain of crap against USC, they won't hammer anyone for improper selling/procuring/fondling of some textbooks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2009, 12:27:39 AM »
I would tend to lean towards Cecil Hurt, not because he's saying that it could be worse, but because the Yahoo Sports guy just seems pissed off at the NCAA that they haven't done anything to USC.....Yet.  If I remember correctly Yahoo Sports has been in trial against USC, up until a month or two ago.  So, that could've been the hang up there, IDK.  It was also funny that the Yahoo guy brought up Auburn's Sociology classes and saying that it shows that the NCAA doesn't have any teeth.  That guy needs do a little homework, if he would've, he would've seen that the NCAA did investigate the situation and they found no wrong doing, as far as the football program was concerned.  Also, he mentioned FSU's light slap on the wrist for their violations.  If it was such a light slap on the wrist, then why are they going to try and get the NCAA to re-do their sanctions.  The NCAA took away something special from FSU.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2009, 10:28:09 AM »
I say little or nothing.  If the NCAA can't/won't do shit to this point with the mountain of crap against USC, they won't hammer anyone for improper selling/procuring/fondling of some textbooks.
While it does not excuse what happened at UA, I also find it ironic that they aren't doing shit about USC, but they are hot on the trail of some kids getting some books for their friends and then returning them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2009, 10:34:55 AM »

I don't know...the USC basketball program is about to be bitch slapped to hell and back for all of that.  Of course, this may mean the uat rock-paper-scissors squad will get the death penalty.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

RWS

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2009, 10:40:39 AM »
The Presidents, ADs and coaches are in Destin this week.  It'll be next week at least. 

Dan Wetzel says expect nothing because the NCAA is softer than a teenage girl's pussy on prom night.  Then again, he could just be mad that his story didn't hammer USC into the ground. 

Cecil Hurt sounded mighty shakey today saying the sanctions could be worse than expected.  Finebaum poked at a bowl ban. 

Which would you believe? 
The problem with the NCAA is that it is selectively softer than a teenage girl's pussy on prom night. I never think anything is as bad as you think, or as good, so I will go somewhere in the middle of the two scenarios. When you actually read the documentation of what went down (mind you the NCAA has already agreed with UA's account of what happened), its not as serious as some AU fans spin it to be. But then again, its not as insignificant as I've seen some Alabama fans spin it. I'm going to go with 2 years of probation and 4 scholarships over the next 2 years for football.

I really don't think they will force us to vacate any wins from 07 due to prompt suspensions when UA found out, and then applying through the SEC and NCAA for their reinstatements and gaining approval. I think all of that went the way it should have. In essence, the players got their punishment, now we're waiting on the punishment for the institution imo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2009, 10:43:37 AM »
The problem with the NCAA is that it is selectively softer than a teenage girl's pussy on prom night. I never think anything is as bad as you think, or as good, so I will go somewhere in the middle of the two scenarios. When you actually read the documentation of what went down (mind you the NCAA has already agreed with UA's account of what happened), its not as serious as some AU fans spin it to be. But then again, its not as insignificant as I've seen some Alabama fans spin it. I'm going to go with 2 years of probation and 4 scholarships over the next 2 years for football.

I really don't think they will force us to vacate any wins from 07 due to prompt suspensions when UA found out, and then applying through the SEC and NCAA for their reinstatements and gaining approval. I think all of that went the way it should have. In essence, the players got their punishment, now we're waiting on the punishment for the institution imo.

This is in the neighborhood of what I think as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2009, 11:12:49 AM »
While it does not excuse what happened at UA, I also find it ironic that they aren't doing shit about USC, but they are hot on the trail of some kids getting some books for their friends and then returning them.
They are doing shit about USC, it takes time.  I have never seen the NCAA staff work at the warp speed that some expect, especially when they only have around (20) staff members to police over all of the Divisions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2009, 11:19:26 AM »
They are doing shit about USC, it takes time.  I have never seen the NCAA staff work at the warp speed that some expect, especially when they only have around (20) staff members to police over all of the Divisions.
Do you really REALLY think they will ever get the USC investigation nailed down? Really?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2009, 11:25:59 AM »
Do you really REALLY think they will ever get the USC investigation nailed down? Really?
IMO, yes they will, eventually.  It's looking like they'll hit the Athletic Dept. with, the dreaded, LOIC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2009, 12:13:20 PM »
They're going to throw Tim Floyd under the proverbial bus and move on.

Nothing to see here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2009, 01:08:12 PM »
They're going to throw Tim Floyd under the proverbial bus and move on.

Nothing to see here.

Agreed. 

I haven't fully educated myself with the USC case, but it looks like they don't really have substantial evidence against Pete Carroll and the football team.  So Reggie Bush, a once in a lifetime college player, a once in a lifetime marketing prospect, a once in a lifetime NFL prospect, had illegal dealings with an agent.  No shit.  If that's the only case against Carroll, then I agree to let him off easy. 

As for the basketball program, they're fucked.  Even the head coach was giving money to recruits.  If you can't control that, then honestly, you don't deserve to have a basketball team. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

RWS

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2009, 04:51:52 PM »
Prowler, you ready to give up the name of that hardware store yet? Or is this going to end up like the thread where I asked you to give the name of whatever pharmacy you were talking about and why it mattered to anything? Or any other thread that I ever ask you to give specific information beyond your little message board friends.

<crickets>
<crickets>

The silence is very telling.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2009, 05:16:53 PM »
<crickets>

The silence is very telling.
Yes, the silence should tell you that, I'm not going to tell you anymore information.  If the information does come to light, then you'll have the name of the Hardware Store, as well as, the Pharmacy.  If not, then just think of it as "nothing to see here" rumors.

Also, what's this I'm hearing about possible suspensions, of a couple high profile players from SPuat, for this upcoming season?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2009, 05:34:34 PM »
Yes, the silence should tell you that, I'm not going to tell you anymore information.  If the information does come to light, then you'll have the name of the Hardware Store, as well as, the Pharmacy.  If not, then just think of it as "nothing to see here" rumors.

Also, what's this I'm hearing about possible suspensions, of a couple high profile players from SPuat, for this upcoming season?
:rofl:
You are damn predictable. As usual, you don't know shit beyond some rumors on a message board.

Ah, and now we have the diversion. Once again, I saw it coming a mile away. I am assuming that you are talking about the rumor of boosters taking Julio Jones and Mark Ingram on a fishing trip and that they would be suspended for the season opener. I'm guessing that you mentioned this rumor for a few reasons:

1. Obviously to deflect and otherwise divert attention.

2. You obviously didn't realize that the rumor was that an AU BOOSTER was the one that supposedly took them on the fishing trip.

3. The rumor was zapped by admins almost as quickly as it appeared on UA and AU Rivals boards.

4. The rumor does not make any sense on so many levels. Even though it had to do with an AU booster and I would love for it to be true, it sounds utterly stupid.

You really just cannot help yourself, can you? Fail.

Now, why are you refusing to give me the specific information I asked for? You said it as if it were fact? Why so shy now? And why was it that Mr. Frost's (big Alabama supporter according to you) dealerships were supplying Chargers for recruits and it was a big thing when it was raided, but now all of a sudden he had nothing to do with the Chargers? You said they came from an auction house, so what is the name of the auction house?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 05:39:20 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2009, 05:37:38 PM »
:rofl:
You are damn predictable. As usual, you don't know shit beyond some rumors on a message board.

Ah, and now we have the diversion. Once again, I saw it coming a mile away. I am assuming that you are talking about the rumor of boosters taking Julio Jones and Mark Ingram on a fishing trip and that they would be suspended for the season opener. I'm guessing that you mentioned this rumor for a few reasons:

1. Obviously to deflect and otherwise divert attention.

2. You obviously didn't realize that the rumor was that an AU BOOSTER was the one that supposedly took them on the fishing trip.

3. The rumor was zapped by admins almost as quickly as it appeared on UA and AU Rivals boards.

4. The rumor does not make any sense on so many levels. Even though it had to do with an AU booster and I would love for it to be true, it sounds utterly stupid.

You really just cannot help yourself, can you? Fail.

Now, why are you refusing to give me the specific information I asked for? You said it as if it were fact? Why so shy now? And why was it that Mr. Frost's (big Alabama supporter according to you) dealerships were supplying Chargers for recruits and it was a big thing when it was raided, but now all of a sudden he had nothing to do with the Chargers? You said they came from an auction house, so what is the name of the auction house?
Whats wrong, you don't have anymore information for us?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2009, 05:50:42 PM »
Yeah, I do....But, I'm going to let it come out on it's own, so I won't ruin the surprise.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2009, 05:53:26 PM »
Yeah, I do....But, I'm going to let it come out on it's own, so I won't ruin the surprise.
Riiiight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2009, 05:18:00 PM »
Totally random post here.  I heard on our local sports talk show that the LB from Andalusia that signed with Bammie, had the charges dropped.  I believe it was assault charges but they apparently cleared it all up.

Please continue with your regularly scheduled programming.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2009, 05:23:44 PM »
Totally random post here.  I heard on our local sports talk show that the LB from Andalusia that signed with Bammie, had the charges dropped.  I believe it was assault charges but they apparently cleared it all up.

Please continue with your regularly scheduled programming.

It really was nothing. 

At most, it would have been verbal assault.  As in, "Fuck you, you douche bag.  I'll beatch yo ass." 

The story goes - punk kid talks a bunch of shit to Nico Johnson.  Nico gets upset.  Punk kid sends Nico a bunch of text messages and then calls the police on Nico Johnson for verbal assault.  Nico goes quietly and clears everything up. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2009, 10:57:00 PM »
It really was nothing. 

At most, it would have been verbal assault.  As in, "Fuck you, you douche bag.  I'll beatch yo ass." 

The story goes - punk kid talks a bunch of shit to Nico Johnson.  Nico gets upset.  Punk kid sends Nico a bunch of text messages and then calls the police on Nico Johnson for verbal assault.  Nico goes quietly and clears everything up. 

Agreed.  I just thought I'd post it in fairness because there was small amount of shit given to the kid for "Typical Bammer" behavior.  Report both sides and all that shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions