Suck it Trebek!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Kaos' way behind movie reviews
« Reply #2762 on: December 03, 2018, 02:29:07 PM »
Suck it Trebek!
I’ll take The rapist for 400. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2763 on: December 09, 2018, 07:32:00 PM »
Rampage

Garbage.  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2764 on: December 09, 2018, 07:41:06 PM »
Tag

Don't know what I expected, but it was barely fair.  A couple of mildly funny moments and that's about it.  Instantly forgettable.  

I have the same problem with almost all "comedies" these days.  Awkward, forced discussions of sexual acts, the repetitive use of profanity are indications of just plain laziness from the writers.  The story didn't need a scene where each character discussed whether oral sex was a part of the negotiation ploy.  

I blame Judd Apatow for the turn from true efforts at comedy to the laziness of just saying vulgar things as if those were funny alone.  They're not.  

I watched Beverly Hills Cop today.  Yeah, Eddie dropped the f-bombs here and there but the story was smart, the delivery was on-time, the action was well choreographed.  That was a good comedy.  

Tag could have been, but it took the easy route and failed to deliver on the story's promise.  

Frankly, the movie just sucked.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #2765 on: December 09, 2018, 10:05:29 PM »
Tag

Don't know what I expected, but it was barely fair.  A couple of mildly funny moments and that's about it.  Instantly forgettable. 

I have the same problem with almost all "comedies" these days.  Awkward, forced discussions of sexual acts, the repetitive use of profanity are indications of just plain laziness from the writers.  The story didn't need a scene where each character discussed whether oral sex was a part of the negotiation ploy. 

I blame Judd Apatow for the turn from true efforts at comedy to the laziness of just saying vulgar things as if those were funny alone.  They're not. 

I watched Beverly Hills Cop today.  Yeah, Eddie dropped the f-bombs here and there but the story was smart, the delivery was on-time, the action was well choreographed.  That was a good comedy. 

Tag could have been, but it took the easy route and failed to deliver on the story's promise. 

Frankly, the movie just sucked. 

Caught Beverly Hills Cop 3 last night.....geez, even it was better than most shit today. And it was bad compared to I and II. Eddie was great in his heyday- sometimes I forget that. Same with Burt Reynolds. Just fun guys to watch, clever stories. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2766 on: December 09, 2018, 11:18:40 PM »
Caught Beverly Hills Cop 3 last night.....geez, even it was better than most shit today. And it was bad compared to I and II. Eddie was great in his heyday- sometimes I forget that. Same with Burt Reynolds. Just fun guys to watch, clever stories.
Well, I liked the first Beverly Hills Cop in part because Lisa Elibacher made me uncomfortable in personal spaces.  She hypmotized me. 

Thought she was hotter than 50 fucks. 

She left the business not long after this.  I really thought she had that "it" factor that was going to make her break big.  I read somewhere that she didn't really want the fame and left to be a mom.  Also don't think she aged particularly well, but I have no evidence to support that. 

Googly damn she moved my mountain back then. 

But yeah, that Eddie (BHC 1 and maybe 2, Coming to America, Trading Places, 48 Hours) was awesome.  It's like he got some bad career advice when he got into Boomerang, Harlem Whatever, Nutty Professor, Meet Dave, Pluto Nash era (even though he still tossed in good work around that).  
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 11:22:33 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #2767 on: December 10, 2018, 08:23:33 AM »

But yeah, that Eddie (BHC 1 and maybe 2, Coming to America, Trading Places, 48 Hours) was awesome.  It's like he got some bad career advice got caught with a tranny hooker and has been doing a bunch of kiddie shit as penance ...

Corrected.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #2768 on: December 10, 2018, 08:41:24 AM »
The first BHC works as just a cop story. The antics are a side, small part of the cop mystery going there. Hard to imagine what that would have looked like with Stallone as Axel Foley. BHC 2 does not hold up as well. It's got too much of the "Johnny Wishbone" shit in it. Also, the central crime is kinda dumb. The first one made sense, at least. That third one is trash.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2769 on: December 10, 2018, 09:12:55 AM »
The first BHC works as just a cop story. The antics are a side, small part of the cop mystery going there. Hard to imagine what that would have looked like with Stallone as Axel Foley. BHC 2 does not hold up as well. It's got too much of the "Johnny Wishbone" shit in it. Also, the central crime is kinda dumb. The first one made sense, at least. That third one is trash.
But at least it was funny.   

I imagine the writers for Tag being 12 years old sitting in a room going “what if Jon Hamm said ‘suck a dick’?” Hehehe. Hahaha.  Suck a penis. That’s hilarious. Put that in there.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #2770 on: December 10, 2018, 09:35:51 AM »

True. But I’ll still sit down and watch all 3 over most anything being made today.  The Wally World wannabe theme park premise of 3 was silly but entertained me in a weird way. How is it that Hector Elizondo looks the same in 1991 and he does in 2018?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #2771 on: December 10, 2018, 09:50:35 AM »
True. But I’ll still sit down and watch all 3 over most anything being made today.  The Wally World wannabe theme park premise of 3 was silly but entertained me in a weird way. How is it that Hector Elizondo looks the same in 1991 and he does in 2018?
Easy. He's a Vampire.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2772 on: December 11, 2018, 03:18:40 PM »
While we’re at it? The whore from Crocodile Dundee 1 and 2?   

Something about that blew my fuses too.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #2773 on: December 11, 2018, 04:07:42 PM »

I’ll be frank (you can still be Kaos) - those movies were so horrific I don’t even remember anyone else in them not named Paul hogan. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2774 on: December 11, 2018, 04:16:42 PM »

Linda Kozlowski?

Related image
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2775 on: December 11, 2018, 04:18:10 PM »
I’ll be frank (you can still be Kaos) - those movies were so horrific I don’t even remember anyone else in them not named Paul hogan.
That dirty, whurish mouf.  You shut it.

2 was a whole lot of meh, but 1 was the bizzomb when it came out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #2776 on: December 11, 2018, 08:52:34 PM »
That dirty, whurish mouf.  You shut it.

2 was a whole lot of meh, but 1 was the bizzomb when it came out.
Atts nawwt a knoiyfe. ATTTS a knoiyfe!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2777 on: December 11, 2018, 09:44:01 PM »
It wasn’t great art but it was a fun/enjoyable movie.  Nice mix of humor and story.  

Movie came out in 86.  I was fairly new to the ways of the fucking. Was really just starting to graduate from the backseat, hiding from parents, get it in before somebody catches you sort of sex to the more mature long-term relationship sort of sex. Attraction gravitating from ‘girl’ to ‘woman’ 

That red dress she wore in the party scene?  That was a grown ass woman.  When she pretended to be the maid and rubbed her bare leg on the door when Mick was in the bathtub? That was one of the sexiest grown woman things I’d seen.  

I thought she was crazy hot.  I’d still watch the movie just for her.  A little disappointed they wrecked his marriage. Cut them both down a little to the idealistic 20 year old me. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2778 on: December 12, 2018, 06:39:12 AM »
It wasn’t great art but it was a fun/enjoyable movie.  Nice mix of humor and story. 

Movie came out in 86.  I was fairly new to the ways of the fucking. Was really just starting to graduate from the backseat, hiding from parents, get it in before somebody catches you sort of sex to the more mature long-term relationship sort of sex. Attraction gravitating from ‘girl’ to ‘woman’

That red dress she wore in the party scene?  That was a grown ass woman.  When she pretended to be the maid and rubbed her bare leg on the door when Mick was in the bathtub? That was one of the sexiest grown woman things I’d seen. 

I thought she was crazy hot.  I’d still watch the movie just for her.  A little disappointed they wrecked his marriage. Cut them both down a little to the idealistic 20 year old me.
Agreed on all points but the last.  You see his old wife?  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2779 on: December 12, 2018, 07:50:53 AM »
Agreed on all points but the last.  You see his old wife? 
No.  I never did.  Don't guess I considered that.  It was more just the "she stayed with his broke ass and supported him for years, but then as soon as he makes it big he dumps her" feeling.  Seems like I read somewhere they were like on welfare or something in Australia while he tried to make it.  
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 07:53:05 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions