Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Kaos' way behind movie reviews

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Kaos' way behind movie reviews
« Reply #1560 on: February 03, 2014, 04:01:25 PM »
Wow...been reading the bottomfeeder primer, have ya?
hes not the king of extreme hyperbole for nothing my man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #1561 on: February 05, 2014, 01:19:58 PM »
Last night "Robin Hood Men In Tights" was on TV, I saw it in the theater when it released originally.  God is it stupid, but if I fail to laugh at a blind man falling from a tree then just shoot me, because I have lived too long.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1562 on: February 05, 2014, 02:09:14 PM »
Last night "Robin Hood Men In Tights" was on TV, I saw it in the theater when it released originally.  God is it stupid, but if I fail to laugh at a blind man falling from a tree then just shoot me, because I have lived too long.

A true Mel Brooks classic. 

Hey Blinken

Did you say Abe Lincoln?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #1563 on: February 08, 2014, 11:44:16 AM »
Taken Too (2)

Liam "I'm a man I'm 80" Neeson acting like Steven Segal in a movie that would have been laughed at uproariously had Segal been the lead. It only lacked a three word title (Taken For Vengeance perhaps?) to actually be a Segal boilerplate. But because Neeson has an accent this silly film is legitimized.

If you spent money on it you got Taken Too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #1564 on: February 08, 2014, 11:54:02 AM »
The Family
Deniro quit acting years ago. Once again be phoned in a performance where he plays a wise guy. Looked bored and yawned his way through it.

Michelle Pfieffer looked rode hard and put up very wet. The years haven't been kind to her. Nor has her plastic surgeon. She needs to sue. She also looked bored and disinterested in being in this film.

There was one scene that was amusing in its life imitating art sort of way but that brief amusement was hardly worth slogging through the rest of this mess.

Wasted: Tommy Lee Jones, Deniro, Pfieffer, the dude from Breakout Kings, and a girl who looked like Emma Roberts but wasn't.  Fantastic cast completely frittered away in a garbage movie.

The action was implausible and too dark for the comedic moments it tried to create. The comedy was too lame to give the action credibility. The film couldn't decide what it wanted to be and the awkward juxtapositions between bad comedy and gory action just didn't work.

Never let anybody outside the family know what you're thinking? In this case it's ok. The family flopped.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #1565 on: February 08, 2014, 08:16:19 PM »
Epic

Yes. If by "epic" you mean craptacular.

Only 15i minutes in and I can already proclaim this epically shitty.

Typically in Disney animation there is some effort to align the character with the person inhabiting the role. That helps lend a touch of authenticity  Here? The Indian guy from parks and rec is a big fat slug. Enough said?

I expect quality animation in these big budget big cast epics (pun intended). Here? Barely to the level of one of the Barbie animated movies -- which suck.

Waste of time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #1566 on: February 09, 2014, 07:07:26 PM »
Bad Grandpa

What in the roasting carnivorous hell was Johnny Knoxville trying to do here? Improbably set up gags, Borat style "did he really just say/do that" audience reactions all mixed in with a half ass effort to tell a story that's been told a hundred times before.  Circumstances match up two dissimilar people and they find love along the way.  Yawn.

I was a little disturbed by the scenes of the kid drinking beer. Not necessary. And considering the way over the top antics  of Knoxville the audience reactions were really really tame. In one sequence he supposedly sprayed his own feces on the wall of a restaurant as the result of a farting contest gone bad. None of the other patrons of the restaurant got up to leave or did much more than shake their head in amusement. They kept right on eating. Somebody fires off a shower of dung a booth away from me and I'm coming unhinged. I won't be laughing politely and returning to my Reuben. I'm having a shit fit of my own.

I expected the sort of balls out lunacy that used to make me laugh at Jackass. Instead I got the worst of the "Johnny Knoxville makes somebody uncomfortable" skits with a kid thrown in.

JKnox does have the old man strut down pat though. There were times I could almost forget that he wasn't an 80 year old man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #1567 on: February 10, 2014, 11:34:21 AM »
Bad Grandpa

What in the roasting carnivorous hell was Johnny Knoxville trying to do here? Improbably set up gags, Borat style "did he really just say/do that" audience reactions all mixed in with a half ass effort to tell a story that's been told a hundred times before.  Circumstances match up two dissimilar people and they find love along the way.  Yawn.

I was a little disturbed by the scenes of the kid drinking beer. Not necessary. And considering the way over the top antics  of Knoxville the audience reactions were really really tame. In one sequence he supposedly sprayed his own feces on the wall of a restaurant as the result of a farting contest gone bad. None of the other patrons of the restaurant got up to leave or did much more than shake their head in amusement. They kept right on eating. Somebody fires off a shower of dung a booth away from me and I'm coming unhinged. I won't be laughing politely and returning to my Reuben. I'm having a shit fit of my own.

I expected the sort of balls out lunacy that used to make me laugh at Jackass. Instead I got the worst of the "Johnny Knoxville makes somebody uncomfortable" skits with a kid thrown in.

JKnox does have the old man strut down pat though. There were times I could almost forget that he wasn't an 80 year old man.

Especially if a tomato is involved
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #1568 on: February 11, 2014, 07:10:07 AM »
Prisoners

The only way I would want to watch this movie again is if I were being held prisoner and the only avenue of escape was to view it one more time. 

Jake Gaylynnhall mumbled and sad-eyed his way through it.  Terrance was typically terrible.  The rest was overwrought. 

Admittedly I never knew for sure who the big bad was *although I was 90% right all along, just doubted because of a few red herrings* but the acting was so bad I ended up not caring. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #1569 on: February 16, 2014, 08:25:25 PM »
Robocop (2014)

If 1987's Robocop was a satire of 80's excess, this version serves more as a dark, political paranoia statement.

Plenty of violence and gunplay are well mixed with the Alex Murphy story and the corporation that built him for little more than a marketing ploy to loosen U.S. Misgivings about automated patrol robots roaming the streets.

Joel Kinnaman is well suited as Murphy/Robocop and flanked by a solid supporting cast of Samuel L. Jackson, Michael Keaton, Jackie Earl Haley, and Gary Oldman, the story unfolds at a brisk but followable pace.

Set aside what you love about that original and a good time can be herby this admirable remake.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

« Reply #1570 on: February 17, 2014, 10:38:14 AM »
Robocop (2014)

If 1987's Robocop was a satire of 80's excess, this version serves more as a dark, political paranoia statement.

Plenty of violence and gunplay are well mixed with the Alex Murphy story and the corporation that built him for little more than a marketing ploy to loosen U.S. Misgivings about automated patrol robots roaming the streets.

Joel Kinnaman is well suited as Murphy/Robocop and flanked by a solid supporting cast of Samuel L. Jackson, Michael Keaton, Jackie Earl Haley, and Gary Oldman, the story unfolds at a brisk but followable pace.

Set aside what you love about that original and a good time can be herby this admirable remake.

But like I asked before, does a bad guy get drenched in toxic waste and run over by a car?  Because I'm not going unless that happens. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #1571 on: February 17, 2014, 11:31:24 AM »
But like I asked before, does a bad guy get drenched in toxic waste and run over by a car?  Because I'm not going unless that happens.

If you go again expecting them to recreate the 1987 experience, you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

But if you go in expecting them to do a real remake - take the original, update it, sprinkle in new or different subtext - then you will enjoy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

« Reply #1572 on: February 17, 2014, 01:29:59 PM »
If you go again expecting them to recreate the 1987 experience, you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

But if you go in expecting them to do a real remake - take the original, update it, sprinkle in new or different subtext - then you will enjoy.

So it doesn't happen?  Not going.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #1573 on: February 23, 2014, 05:52:47 PM »
Pompeii

Eh.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #1574 on: February 23, 2014, 06:20:40 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #1575 on: February 25, 2014, 11:19:10 AM »
Kick Ass 2

Toss out everything that made Kick Ass a surprisingly cool little movie, pile on layers of violence, brutal murders played for a goof, a dash of Carrie, some wasted talent and a hackneyed story and you've got Kick Ass 2.

It was a horrible follow up to a decent little movie. If Kick Ass 2 had come out before Kick Ass there never would have been a sequel. It was just bad. Couldn't find a single redeeming feature.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #1576 on: March 04, 2014, 11:26:50 AM »
Curious of Kaos' take of Non Stop. Mine?

For an action flick it was decent. Good not great. Had a few plot holes in it that slightly aggravated me. Neeson was great as usual playing the gruff Air Marshall of a commercial jet. The ending was average. It's def a whodunit the whole movie with about a dozen red herrings thrown in along the way. I think people getting bent out of shape over the ending is way overblown. Politically speaking anyway. I saw no real agenda other than a wacko trying to prove a point to an entire country via extreme means. It's happened before. Big whoop.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1577 on: March 04, 2014, 11:29:50 AM »
I wanted to see some reviews before plunking down the cash to see this one.  Regardless of the actors, I'm always wary of any movie that takes place almost exclusively on a plane, bus, train etc. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #1578 on: March 04, 2014, 11:58:21 AM »
I wanted to see some reviews before plunking down the cash to see this one.  Regardless of the actors, I'm always wary of any movie that takes place almost exclusively on a plane, bus, train etc.

I didn't regret it. Like I said it was good. Not great. Neeson is worth it alone. 

I started not to based off some negative reviews of the ending but said screw it and went anyway. The political complaints about the ending are seriously overblown. I wouldn't let that detract anyone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X