Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Kaos' way behind movie reviews

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Kaos' way behind movie reviews
« Reply #1540 on: February 02, 2014, 11:38:22 AM »
Same here. Just sat and tried to remember the faces of those that died.

Several years ago, a kid in his 20's was living down the street. he had just gotten out of the Army (ranger). He claimed he was supposed to have been in the heli that went down. But he was home getting his ear operated on(burst in an explosion). I'm not sure if he was telling the truth or not, but he re-enlisted within the year. But i didnot put the two events together until this movie.

Have not seen the movie yet. May not, I don't well at those kinds of movies. Everyone wants to remember the guys who gave all, but you also have to remember  most had families. I always thought that we should have a day dedicated to military spouses. They sacrifice as much as anyone with the long deployments and having to be both husband and wife while military members are gone. I truly give Mrs. Dallas kudos for the times I was gone. She would be very happy when I came back (after a shower).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #1541 on: February 02, 2014, 03:15:18 PM »
I truly give Mrs. Dallas kudos for the times I was gone. She would be very happy when I came back (after a shower).
Maybe while you were deployed in the Army, Buzz was on shore leave, motorboating like an old sailor
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #1542 on: February 02, 2014, 05:35:09 PM »
Too many Disney movies and too much boy band music has warped your sensibilities.

I'm sorry but this was the worst movie  I've ever seen. I'd rather sit through a 24-hour will Ferrell/Adam sandler marathon than watch 10 minutes of this claptrap. I'd rather listen to Eli Gold read war and peace than spend another five minutes watching this nonsensical turd. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #1543 on: February 02, 2014, 11:24:31 PM »
A Clockwork Orange

My beezerbupas skeezersad this movie was a classominco. Sezam I eysaballes it for 30 snipersnaps of its three hour geltaflam.

This bing the cassie, my brothers, I toronadoed the pipslot and feeblegarbed on my merry way.

Translation: Heard this movie was a classic. I made it through 30 minutes of the three-hour thing. Then I turned it off and vowed never to watch it a single second of it again and to roundly mock anyone who proclaims to find any value in this Dr. Seuss nightmare.

What a load of garbage.

I actually own the DVD after hearing how great it was and seeing it in a $5 bin at Best Buy.  I think I might have even watched the whole thing at one point.  Just philosophical posturing and violence for violence sake.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #1544 on: February 03, 2014, 09:07:17 AM »
violence for violence sake.

You completely missed the point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #1545 on: February 03, 2014, 09:32:40 AM »

Expound please
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #1546 on: February 03, 2014, 09:43:15 AM »

I understood the point of which is better, to be violent and evil with free will or be peaceful and good but have your will taken away, but it was still over the top violent.  It started getting cartoonish.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #1547 on: February 03, 2014, 09:58:55 AM »
Dead Man Down

Dead Actors walking. 

Good concept, poorly executed and poorly acted. 

Terrence Howard is easily one of the most overrated actors in the world.  He's typically awful and doesn't disappoint here. He's the worst of a bad lot. He's a black John Travolta. No talent at all, but occasionally stumbled into a role that didn't require much and made himself seem more than he is.  Abysmal in this role.

Colin Farrell has made one good movie. This isn't it.  He was perfectly cast in the film In Bruges, average in Seven Psychopaths but stinks up everything else I've seen him in.  He's not the worst part of this movie but struggles to carry it.

Noomi Rapace is woefully bad. 

The story is fairly straightforward, but instead of telling one and making it good the writer/director tried to interweave two stories and ended up muddling both of them. 

I've seen worse -- Clockwork anything -- but as with far too many films I'm disappointed in the clumsy handling of what should / could be a decent story.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #1548 on: February 03, 2014, 10:14:53 AM »
I understood the point of which is better, to be violent and evil with free will or be peaceful and good but have your will taken away, but it was still over the top violent.  It started getting cartoonish.

That's still a pretty distilled take on the themes of the book.  Looming large in the story are the implications of governmental participation in therapy (setting goals/desired outcomes).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #1549 on: February 03, 2014, 10:20:13 AM »
That's still a pretty distilled take on the themes of the book.  Looming large in the story are the implications of governmental participation in therapy (setting goals/desired outcomes).

Regardless of the "meaning" it would have been a story better told without the Dr. Seuss nonsense gibberish.  It might possibly have been effective then even if the performances were so absolutely ridiculously cartoonish. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #1550 on: February 03, 2014, 10:21:54 AM »
Regardless of the "meaning" it would have been a story better told without the Dr. Seuss nonsense gibberish.  It might possibly have been effective then even if the performances were so absolutely ridiculously cartoonish.

Diff'rent strokes.  It ranks among Kubrick's greatest for a reason.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #1551 on: February 03, 2014, 10:23:15 AM »

Ranked by those loons that spew that global climate change garbage.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

wesfau2

« Reply #1552 on: February 03, 2014, 10:27:41 AM »
Ranked by those loons that spew that global climate change garbage.

Wow...been reading the bottomfeeder primer, have ya?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #1553 on: February 03, 2014, 10:32:26 AM »

Reason being that people so desperately want to appear smart that they embrace idiocy in the name of art. 

Ranking this as "best" is no different than the people who pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for prostitute feces smeared on a colored canvas because someone told them it was a desperate artistic expression of anguish. 

Same as people who proclaim Yngwie Malmsteen a great guitarist because he can make it sound like a million angry bumblebees assaulted an accordion.  That's not music. Stevie Ray Vaughn or Eddie Van Halen... they understand rhythm, pace and the overall concept that the guitar work has to fit in with the complete piece.

Same as people who wear the most ridiculous clothes imaginable because somebody (who's laughing behind their backs) told them it was "trendy" or whatever. 

Same as people who eat atrocious food and drink crap that tastes like decayed cough syrup because it's supposed to show their "culture."

I tend to ridicule that sort of snobbish buffoonery and this movie fits into that category for me.  Nobody really enjoyed it, they just felt as if they'd be considered ignorant by some other snoot if they didn't proclaim its greatness. 

The movie's crap.  Kubrick was a weirdo. Most of his movies suck anyway.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #1554 on: February 03, 2014, 11:37:14 AM »
  Kubrick was a weirdo. Most of his movies suck anyway.   

Cementing your heretofore established credentials as having incredibly awful taste.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #1555 on: February 03, 2014, 11:42:35 AM »
Cementing your heretofore established credentials as having incredibly awful taste.

The Shining was fair.  Nicholson carried that movie, but he screwed up the ending from the book.

Full Metal Jacket was good.

2001 (another "classic") was mostly bubbling sewage.  It's difficult to watch and hardly makes any sense.  Nobody even knows what it means, people just have theories.

Spartacus was okay, but that was during the period where the studios reined him in and didn't allow him to go all bizarro. Otherwise it probably would have ended with Spartacus putting a pan of goat milk on his head and time-traveling to become Hustler publisher Larry Flynt. 

The rest of his stuff is looney clap trap. 

Eyes Wide Shut?  Yep.  That's the only way to watch most of his godawful films. 

Claiming any of his crap is worth watching is the cinematic equivalent of The Emperor's New Clothes. 

I'm not afraid to point out the obvious nudity.  You're welcome to continue oohing and aahhing over the finely tailored fabrics that make up his resplendent robe. 
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 11:44:12 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #1556 on: February 03, 2014, 12:41:46 PM »
Wow...been reading the bottomfeeder primer, have ya?

That snow in Birmingham was sent by the gubment.  It don't burn like normal snow do when I set it on fire.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

wesfau2

« Reply #1557 on: February 03, 2014, 01:06:03 PM »

Claiming any of his crap is worth watching is the cinematic equivalent of The Emperor's New Clothes. 

That's, like, your opinion, man.

In this case, as in so many of your art-related opinions, you're just dead fucking wrong.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #1558 on: February 03, 2014, 01:54:51 PM »

In this case, as in so many of your art-related opinions, you're just dead fucking wrong.

Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger 'til it goes "click."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #1559 on: February 03, 2014, 01:56:47 PM »

In this case, as in so many of your art-related opinions, you're just dead fudgeing wrong.

The emperor is naked.  Film at 11.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions