Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Kaos' way behind movie reviews

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Kaos' way behind movie reviews
« Reply #1520 on: January 19, 2014, 12:21:51 PM »
Wolf of Wall Street
This movie is about excess. And it is excessive. Runs three hours. Could have been condensed to one.

Didn't learn anything, didnt see anything other than some vulgarity that I haven't seen before.

It was fair but just not worth the hype or the expansive running time.

What was the moral? Anytime the story is about excess and the inevitable crash there is usually a moral in there somewhere. Not in this muddled mess of an ending.

Just didnt do anything for me at all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #1521 on: January 19, 2014, 12:22:16 PM »
Everybody needs to see it.

Or read the book.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #1522 on: January 19, 2014, 01:03:46 PM »
Or since this is an area for movie reviews, go see the movie.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #1523 on: January 19, 2014, 06:12:29 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #1524 on: January 20, 2014, 10:30:13 AM »
Maniac

I expected very little from this one, mainly because Elijah Wood is so hit or miss (hated the weepy, over-emoting Hobbit role...but really like him in Wilfred).

HOWEVER, this was a quality horror film.  About 80% of the movie is POV as Wood goes through his psychotic endeavors.  Couple some gruesome trophy taking with a smoking hot French girl...you've got something sweeter than YooHoo.

Check it on Netflix.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #1525 on: January 21, 2014, 01:18:49 PM »
Lone Survivor

This movie hurt my soul. 

It's so much better than I hoped it might be. Having watched Wolf of Wall Street, American Hustle and this film all within the last week or so, it disturbs me that Bale and Leo and their films are piling up on the award circuit while this movie is being ignored. 

Marky is outstanding.  Foster is tremendous.  Hirsch is very good. Even Taylor kitsch -- who is clearly a terrible actor -- does well here.

The movie's gritty realism makes you feel every bit of the pain endured by the men on this mission. Their desperation becomes yours.

The theater sold out -- on a Saturday afternoon -- and I joked before it started that it was unusual to be one of the youngest in the audience.  There were a lot of veterans in the mix too. During the end credits you could hear a lot of sniffling and crying.

Powerful movie. Powerful message. Well acted. Well shot.

AGREE.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #1526 on: January 21, 2014, 01:21:19 PM »
Maybe if the SEALs in Lone Survivor all started having anal relations with each other, then came back to the states, robbed some banks and snorted blow out of each other's anus cavities, Hollywood and OSCAR would take notice.

But, no, it's about about heroes doing their jobs and showing that there are bad people in this world. They made the MORAL choice to let people live and it cost them all. Hats off to those and all others who serve.

Screw Hollywood.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #1527 on: January 21, 2014, 01:24:40 PM »
and snorted blow out of each other's anus cavities, Hollywood and OSCAR would take notice.

How else are you supposed to do blow?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #1528 on: January 21, 2014, 01:29:16 PM »
How else are you supposed to do blow?

Through the pee hole.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #1529 on: January 21, 2014, 03:05:19 PM »
Through the pee hole.
I prefer the anus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #1530 on: January 21, 2014, 03:08:55 PM »
I prefer the anus.

Sometimes I pee out of my butt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #1531 on: January 21, 2014, 03:18:12 PM »
Sometimes I pee out of my butt.

Drink Responsibly!

This has been a product advertisement for Sweetwater 420
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #1532 on: January 23, 2014, 12:19:52 PM »
Hellraiser VII: Deader

Kari Wurher is still hot. Movie sucks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #1533 on: January 23, 2014, 01:01:56 PM »
Hellraiser VII: Deader

Kari Wurher is still hot. Movie sucks.

Even after she shrunk her boobies?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #1534 on: January 23, 2014, 01:07:30 PM »
Lone Survivor

This movie hurt my soul. 

It's so much better than I hoped it might be. Having watched Wolf of Wall Street, American Hustle and this film all within the last week or so, it disturbs me that Bale and Leo and their films are piling up on the award circuit while this movie is being ignored. 

Marky is outstanding.  Foster is tremendous.  Hirsch is very good. Even Taylor kitsch -- who is clearly a terrible actor -- does well here.

The movie's gritty realism makes you feel every bit of the pain endured by the men on this mission. Their desperation becomes yours.

The theater sold out -- on a Saturday afternoon -- and I joked before it started that it was unusual to be one of the youngest in the audience.  There were a lot of veterans in the mix too. During the end credits you could hear a lot of sniffling and crying.

Powerful movie. Powerful message. Well acted. Well shot.

Same here. Just sat and tried to remember the faces of those that died.

Several years ago, a kid in his 20's was living down the street. he had just gotten out of the Army (ranger). He claimed he was supposed to have been in the heli that went down. But he was home getting his ear operated on(burst in an explosion). I'm not sure if he was telling the truth or not, but he re-enlisted within the year. But i didnot put the two events together until this movie.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #1535 on: January 23, 2014, 02:49:01 PM »
Even after she shrunk her boobies?

Yep. And they are on display in that piece of
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #1536 on: February 02, 2014, 01:19:17 AM »
A Clockwork Orange

My beezerbupas skeezersad this movie was a classominco. Sezam I eysaballes it for 30 snipersnaps of its three hour geltaflam.

This bing the cassie, my brothers, I toronadoed the pipslot and feeblegarbed on my merry way.

Translation: Heard this movie was a classic. I made it through 30 minutes of the three-hour thing. Then I turned it off and vowed never to watch it a single second of it again and to roundly mock anyone who proclaims to find any value in this Dr. Seuss nightmare.

What a load of garbage. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #1537 on: February 02, 2014, 09:19:49 AM »
A Clockwork Orange

My beezerbupas skeezersad this movie was a classominco. Sezam I eysaballes it for 30 snipersnaps of its three hour geltaflam.

This bing the cassie, my brothers, I toronadoed the pipslot and feeblegarbed on my merry way.

Translation: Heard this movie was a classic. I made it through 30 minutes of the three-hour thing. Then I turned it off and vowed never to watch it a single second of it again and to roundly mock anyone who proclaims to find any value in this Dr. Seuss nightmare.

What a load of garbage.

Too many Disney movies and too much boy band music has warped your sensibilities.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #1538 on: February 02, 2014, 10:31:29 AM »
A Clockwork Orange

What a load of garbage.

Still better than Wolf of Wall Street. Scorsese is the KMart of art house douchebaggery filmmaking.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #1539 on: February 02, 2014, 10:59:23 AM »
Still better than Wolf of Wall Street. Scorsese is the KMart of art house douchebaggery filmmaking.

Best display of wit you've had since signing up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole