Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Kaos' way behind movie reviews

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Kaos' way behind movie reviews
« Reply #1400 on: May 27, 2013, 03:08:13 AM »
Hangover 3 is a steaming pile of shit.
Told ya, lol.

I'll wait to watch it on Vudu or a little later on Netflix.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #1401 on: May 27, 2013, 09:53:35 AM »
That's two out of three big summer movies that have left me wanting something when they ended. IronMan 3 was okay but the ending was a mess and Downey mailed it in. Star Trek Into Darkness was just fan fic hack crap.

Man of Steel is going to suck now. I just feel it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #1402 on: May 28, 2013, 07:46:20 AM »
Hangover 3 is a steaming pile of shit.
Worse than 1 but better than 2?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1403 on: May 28, 2013, 09:35:00 AM »
Saw Great Gatsby Friday night.  Mini was spending the night off and Snagette wanted to see a movie (Before hot, lovely relations) and I knew I was going to have to see a uterus flick. This movie was as big a waste of time as any I've ever had the displeasure of sitting through.  Toby McGuire needs a big Kaos sized shovel to the face.  I was fine with him as Spider Man because the character of Peter Parker called for someone who you'd least expect to a super hero.  The timid, shy guy who just blends in with society and hardly anyone notices him.  But apparently, this is the only character McGuire knows how to play.

McGuire was the main character in Gatsby even though he wasn't Gatsby.  Throughout the entire movie, he has that look on his face like he's wondering when his next ass beating is going to happen.  I was done with his character after the first 10 minutes of the movie.  Overall, it just went nowhere.  It was just one boring, loooonng sad attempt at a love story.  And Leonardo DeCaffeinated is horrible. That is all.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #1404 on: May 28, 2013, 09:58:08 AM »
Worse than 1 but better than 2?
Worse than 2 by far.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #1405 on: May 28, 2013, 09:16:10 PM »
Worse than 2 by far.

You are now creeping up on "Worst Movie Ever" territory.  You're in Blades of Glory land.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #1406 on: May 28, 2013, 10:03:18 PM »
Saw Great Gatsby Friday night.  Mini was spending the night off and Snagette wanted to see a movie (Before hot, lovely relations) and I knew I was going to have to see a uterus flick. This movie was as big a waste of time as any I've ever had the displeasure of sitting through.  Toby McGuire needs a big Kaos sized shovel to the face.  I was fine with him as Spider Man because the character of Peter Parker called for someone who you'd least expect to a super hero.  The timid, shy guy who just blends in with society and hardly anyone notices him.  But apparently, this is the only character McGuire knows how to play.

McGuire was the main character in Gatsby even though he wasn't Gatsby.  Throughout the entire movie, he has that look on his face like he's wondering when his next ass beating is going to happen.  I was done with his character after the first 10 minutes of the movie.  Overall, it just went nowhere.  It was just one boring, loooonng sad attempt at a love story.  And Leonardo DeCaffeinated is horrible. That is all.

So, how did you get it up after that?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #1407 on: May 29, 2013, 01:37:23 AM »
You are now creeping up on "Worst Movie Ever" territory.  You're in Blades of Glory land.
It's King of Saturday night or Adam Sandler bad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #1408 on: May 29, 2013, 10:16:47 AM »

Was about to say something similar. For it to be worse than 2 - wow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #1409 on: May 29, 2013, 02:52:48 PM »
Saw Great Gatsby Friday night.

Thats all I read and figured you were gay and had no balls.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #1410 on: May 29, 2013, 02:56:33 PM »

Curious about this thread

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1411 on: May 29, 2013, 03:43:44 PM »

I thought you knew. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #1412 on: May 29, 2013, 04:28:03 PM »
I thought you knew.

The force was with me as I had unlearned what I had learned. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #1413 on: June 01, 2013, 01:55:30 PM »
Now You See Me

Critics didnt much like it. 

I disagree.

Was entertained throughout.  Liked eisenberg's smarmy delivery. Was never quite sure who was tricking whom. 

Could have used a little more Isla Fischer and maybe have replaced some of the bombastic middle with additional character development. Didn't need any of the codas at the end.  Pfffftttt on that.

Just a nice fluffy summer movie. Not something youd buy on DVD because you already know but would definitely watch it again to see what obvious clues I missed along the way.

I say see now you see me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #1414 on: June 03, 2013, 08:24:10 AM »
Now You See Me

Critics didnt much like it. 

I disagree.

Was entertained throughout.  Liked eisenberg's smarmy delivery. Was never quite sure who was tricking whom. 

Could have used a little more Isla Fischer and maybe have replaced some of the bombastic middle with additional character development. Didn't need any of the codas at the end.  Pfffftttt on that.

Just a nice fluffy summer movie. Not something youd buy on DVD because you already know but would definitely watch it again to see what obvious clues I missed along the way.

I say see now you see me.

Saw it. Great example of how really good actors can't rescue a script that is too fast and loose.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #1415 on: June 03, 2013, 08:38:44 AM »
Saw it. Great example of how really good actors can't rescue a script that is too fast and loose.

Disagree.  The tempo was a big part of the entertainment for me.

One of the better movies I've seen of late.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #1416 on: June 03, 2013, 08:44:33 AM »
The Hunger Games

First time I've seen this and never read any of the books. 

If Dr. Seuss did a lot of LSD and got really mean and paranoid this would have been the result. 

The movie was:
Poorly written
Poorly filmed
Poorly staged
Poorly acted
Poorly developed

Festering neon garbage. 

I have no idea what possible allure this film had for anyone or why there would be any anticipation whatsoever for the followup to this electric tripe. 

Jennifer Lawrence can be awesome (Winter's Bone) or she can be blank-faced and vapidly terrible (House at the End, X-Men) and here she was just plain-faced terrible. 

I'm sorry I wasted time on this painted turd and I won't bother to read the books (although I'm told they're airy enough you can read all three in a matter of an hour or two). 

Garbage. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #1417 on: June 03, 2013, 09:09:09 AM »
The Hunger Games

First time I've seen this and never read any of the books. 

If Dr. Seuss did a lot of LSD and got really mean and paranoid this would have been the result. 

The movie was:
Poorly written
Poorly filmed
Poorly staged
Poorly acted
Poorly developed

Festering neon garbage. 

I have no idea what possible allure this film had for anyone or why there would be any anticipation whatsoever for the followup to this electric tripe. 

Jennifer Lawrence can be awesome (Winter's Bone) or she can be blank-faced and vapidly terrible (House at the End, X-Men) and here she was just plain-faced terrible. 

I'm sorry I wasted time on this painted turd and I won't bother to read the books (although I'm told they're airy enough you can read all three in a matter of an hour or two). 

Garbage.

The books are worse. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #1418 on: June 05, 2013, 07:46:00 PM »
Killer Joe

Had some moderate expectations for this grim and dismal psychological thriller with the emphasis on psycho. 

Matthew McBongahey plays an unhinged cop who does contract killings on the side and takes a liking to an odd waif who is the sister of one of his clients. 

Features a pretty good performance by a grizzled Haden Thomas Church and a couple of full on bush shots from Gina Gershon and Juno Temple, but McBongahey never quite got unhinged enough to carry his part. 

Yeah his restrained menace was good and so was his fried chicken perversion, but he just wasn't quite mean enough I guess.

Some sloppy storytelling and an open-ended finale left it short of the deranged bar. 

Not for kids. Lots of foul language, some bizarre sex scenes and more. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #1419 on: June 06, 2013, 08:53:44 AM »
Gangster Squad

Apparently Ryan Gosling got confused and thought he'd been cast as Curly from the Three Stooges.  Is that his real voice?  How does he ever get roles?  He's abysmal, he sucks, and I just realized I've never liked a single movie he was in. 

Sean Penn was absolutely horrible.  Worst mobster portrayal in the history of mobster portrayals.

Brolin didn't fare much better.  Bad job all around.

This movie had a great premise but the execution absolutely sucked.  The trailers were 11 times better than the movie. 

The director should be taken out back and shot by a Mexican.  In slow motion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions