Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Kaos' way behind movie reviews

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Kaos' way behind movie reviews
« Reply #1380 on: February 05, 2013, 04:07:38 PM »
I already know the movie without seeing it. 

They are gonna walk everywhere.

Fuckin A
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #1381 on: February 05, 2013, 04:13:08 PM »
I haven't actually been to the movies in ages but I went to see that one recently; it was phenomenal.

The overall movie yes was good, some of the military scenes were bogus to downright wrong.

If you have one in your area I highly suggest watching movies at " The studio movie grill" easy chairs and waiters that bring you beer. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #1382 on: February 06, 2013, 03:10:29 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #1383 on: February 06, 2013, 03:24:23 PM »
The overall movie yes was good, some of the military scenes were bogus to downright wrong.

I was actually shocked that they showed the SEALs doubletapping the already dead bodies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1384 on: February 06, 2013, 04:08:47 PM »
I was actually shocked that they showed the SEALs doubletapping the already dead bodies.

Spare no one. (Old...but one of my favs)

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #1385 on: February 06, 2013, 04:11:56 PM »

That and unless I missed a part it look like the guys were just sitting around and she walked up and said Hey who wants to go kill Osama tonight????  Yawl busy?????

I thought entry into the choppers was funny. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #1386 on: February 06, 2013, 04:27:36 PM »
That and unless I missed a part it look like the guys were just sitting around and she walked up and said Hey who wants to go kill Osama tonight????  Yawl busy?????

I thought entry into the choppers was funny.

Movie doesn't cover the training the SEALs did to prepare for it.  In the book, No Easy Day, the author says that the CIA build an exact replica of the compound somewhere in North Carolina, and they practiced a lot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #1387 on: March 22, 2013, 03:24:31 PM »
Zero Dull Thirty

Could tell that load of garbage was directed by a woman with ties to Hollywood. 

Forget the training and work those dumb ol' country fat Seals put into preparing and risking their lives for. 

Let's make the US look just as bad as the terrorists because we torture folks and just straight out shoot defenseless women in the floor. 

Let's worry about how little Maya dates.  Or whether she's going to doink somebody in the office.  Let's make sure she's the only person in the world who figures anything out. Because the men are so dumb. 

I hated this movie. 

Well, first I was bored for about 122 of the 160 minute run-time.   The other 38 minutes I was pissed at the portrayal of the US as being on par with the terrorists in our methods, offended at the portrayal of the Seals as hillbilly doofuses just shooting folks for fun, and wondering what was going on because it was so dark. 

If somebody wants to do a REAL movie about this situation, it would be about 65 minutes of Navy prep, training and execution of the mission, 15 minutes about Maya's evidence trail and 10 minutes of what happened after the dude was dead.  World reaction, where is the body, etc. 

BOOOOO to this ridiculous chick flick. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #1388 on: March 26, 2013, 12:15:43 AM »
Burt Wonderstone

Steve Carrell should have stayed in Scranton. 

Absurd, awful movie.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #1389 on: May 03, 2013, 10:45:06 AM »
Iron Man 3

Sort of like Pirates of the Caribbean 3 and how Captain Jack had almost become a parody of himself, RDJ's Tony Stark drifted into parody area IMO.  The stressors/panic attacks/freakouts seemed contrived too.  Didn't see the need for that aspect of the thing at all.

Yeah, I know Jon Favreaeu directed the first two, but that dude needs a diet.  Badly.  He added nothing to the film and could have been cut out completely and it would have been better.

And really just too much Pepper. Don't like her character all that much and am not a fan of Gwyneth so I grew tired of her under/over/vapidly acting. 

All that in the books, though, it's like somebody handing you a solid gold BMW and you decide to complain about the gas mileage.

Good popcorn, blow things up and let the good guys win in the end type film. 

Have heard it hailed as "better than Avengers" but I must disagree.  It was good, but not that good.  Better than Thor, better than CA, better than Hulk, better than Iron Man 2 even. Didn't top the first Iron Man in my book.

There's at least one surprise that you won't see coming unless somebody tells you, but I don't think they got the mileage out of that they could have, nor was the reveal particularly eventful. Would have liked to see the big plot turn played out in a different way. 

Still... Laughed some, paid attention and the kids in the audience cheered at the end.  So that's all you can ask for. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #1390 on: May 03, 2013, 11:01:30 AM »
Iron Man 3

Sort of like Pirates of the Caribbean 3 and how Captain Jack had almost become a parody of himself, RDJ's Tony Stark drifted into parody area IMO.  The stressors/panic attacks/freakouts seemed contrived too.  Didn't see the need for that aspect of the thing at all.

Yeah, I know Jon Favreaeu directed the first two, but that dude needs a diet.  Badly.  He added nothing to the film and could have been cut out completely and it would have been better.

And really just too much Pepper. Don't like her character all that much and am not a fan of Gwyneth so I grew tired of her under/over/vapidly acting. 

All that in the books, though, it's like somebody handing you a solid gold BMW and you decide to complain about the gas mileage.

Good popcorn, blow things up and let the good guys win in the end type film. 

Have heard it hailed as "better than Avengers" but I must disagree.  It was good, but not that good.  Better than Thor, better than CA, better than Hulk, better than Iron Man 2 even. Didn't top the first Iron Man in my book.

There's at least one surprise that you won't see coming unless somebody tells you, but I don't think they got the mileage out of that they could have, nor was the reveal particularly eventful. Would have liked to see the big plot turn played out in a different way. 

Still... Laughed some, paid attention and the kids in the audience cheered at the end.  So that's all you can ask for.
Agree mostly with your assessment. No way better than 1 on par with 2.

I will say that this was more about Tony and his concept of where he fits into the world ...is he a superhero does he only fight super beings.  He has to battle with his identity. Is he "Tony Stark or Iron Man?"   

The anxiety attacks were important because it fits into the development of his character.  He was as cocky as you could be in the 1st one and he has "evolved" throughout. The events in New York (Avengers) the fact that there were aliens and he was just a man in an iron suit, gave him a new perspective on things. He didn't know how to handle it (hence the anxiety). 

Agree on the plot twist, very anticlimactic. Although a great portrayal.

This was the end of the contract for RDJ and Iron Man, he has talked about loving the character and the producer wants to bring him back for a 4 and 5, I hope they do.  It has become my favorite comic franchise and RDJ is Iron Man.

As it stands now in the Marvel universe there will be a Thor 2 (2013) at the end of this year. Then Captain America 2 (2014) and Guardians of the Galaxy (2014).   Avengers 2 will be in 2015 followed by Ant Man (2015). So the next earliest release of an Iron Man wouldn't be until 2016 or later.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #1391 on: May 14, 2013, 04:48:52 PM »
Ant man?

What the fuck is that?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #1392 on: May 19, 2013, 05:02:57 AM »
Star Trek: Into Darkness
It was ok.  Lots of nods to the original TV series.

My biggest complaint was that it just wasn't "fun" enough. It never managed to lighten up.

The beauty of Iron Man and most of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies is that Downey and Depp infuse their characters with just enough hamminess that you believe they are enjoying the role just as much as you enjoy their performing it. 

Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto never reach that almost comedic sense of self awareness. The film would be so much better if they did.

Lots of over the top action. Numerous references to the old series that tied many things up. It was good but still left me wanting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #1393 on: May 20, 2013, 01:12:08 PM »
Agree mostly with your assessment. No way better than 1 on par with 2.

I will say that this was more about Tony and his concept of where he fits into the world ...is he a superhero does he only fight super beings.  He has to battle with his identity. Is he "Tony Stark or Iron Man?"   

The anxiety attacks were important because it fits into the development of his character.  He was as cocky as you could be in the 1st one and he has "evolved" throughout. The events in New York (Avengers) the fact that there were aliens and he was just a man in an iron suit, gave him a new perspective on things. He didn't know how to handle it (hence the anxiety). 

Agree on the plot twist, very anticlimactic. Although a great portrayal.

This was the end of the contract for RDJ and Iron Man, he has talked about loving the character and the producer wants to bring him back for a 4 and 5, I hope they do.  It has become my favorite comic franchise and RDJ is Iron Man.

As it stands now in the Marvel universe there will be a Thor 2 (2013) at the end of this year. Then Captain America 2 (2014) and Guardians of the Galaxy (2014).   Avengers 2 will be in 2015 followed by Ant Man (2015). So the next earliest release of an Iron Man wouldn't be until 2016 or later.

Went and saw this this weekend. I was highly entertained. I have not seen 1 or 2...but really liked 3. My son said his favorite was 3...but he is 9 so it is probably just the newest. We started Iron Man 1 together at about 9:30 Saturday night and he wanted to turn it off around 10:45...so all I got to see was the first half or so. However, based on what I saw, Iron Man 3 is far better.

But then again, I am not a huge comic or super hero fan. I go to be entertained...Iron Man 3 did that...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #1394 on: May 20, 2013, 01:13:35 PM »
Star Trek: Into Darkness
It was ok.  Lots of nods to the original TV series.

My biggest complaint was that it just wasn't "fun" enough. It never managed to lighten up.

The beauty of Iron Man and most of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies is that Downey and Depp infuse their characters with just enough hamminess that you believe they are enjoying the role just as much as you enjoy their performing it. 

Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto never reach that almost comedic sense of self awareness. The film would be so much better if they did.

Lots of over the top action. Numerous references to the old series that tied many things up. It was good but still left me wanting.

Hated it.

Well, didn't hate it.  It was a decent action flick, but the homage to Wrath of Khan was awful.  Kirk dying the same way Spock did was such fan fiction bullshit. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #1395 on: May 20, 2013, 03:59:39 PM »

TOWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNN!!!!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 04:02:45 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #1396 on: May 20, 2013, 04:12:37 PM »
God I even forgot about his "Khaaaann!" scream.  That was terribly forced. 

I did like the new Khan guy though.  He fit the description much better than David Bowie Labyrinth Version.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #1397 on: May 20, 2013, 05:14:40 PM »
God I even forgot about his "Khaaaann!" scream.  That was terribly forced. 

I did like the new Khan guy though.  He fit the description much better than David Bowie Labyrinth Version.

I am forced to disagree. 

The dude was 63 and in better shape than any of us. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #1398 on: May 26, 2013, 11:33:03 PM »

I am forced to disagree. 

The dude was 63 and in better shape than any of us.
He needed his little friend
"da plane, da plane"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #1399 on: May 27, 2013, 02:16:00 AM »
Hangover 3 is a steaming pile of shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.