Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Kaos' way behind movie reviews

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Kaos' way behind movie reviews
« Reply #1140 on: June 07, 2012, 11:11:14 AM »
The first one was pretty decent.  I thought the 2nd MIB sucked donkey balls. 
She kicked her shoes off onto the floor
She said, "Drive fast, speed turns me on"

She put her hand on my knee, I put my foot on the gas
We almost got whiplash, I took off so fast

The sun roof was open , the music was high
And this girl's hand was steadily moving up my thigh

She had opened up three buttons on her shirt so far
I guess that's why I didn't notice that police car

We're doing ninety in my Mom's new Porsche
And to make this long story short - short

When the cop pulled me over I was scared as hell
I said, "I don't have a license but I drive very well, officer"

I almost had a heart attack that day
Come to find out the girl was a twelve-year-old runaway
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #1141 on: June 07, 2012, 12:34:18 PM »
She kicked her shoes off onto the floor
She said, "Drive fast, speed turns me on"

She put her hand on my knee, I put my foot on the gas
We almost got whiplash, I took off so fast

The sun roof was open , the music was high
And this girl's hand was steadily moving up my thigh

She had opened up three buttons on her shirt so far
I guess that's why I didn't notice that police car

We're doing ninety in my Mom's new Porsche
And to make this long story short - short

When the cop pulled me over I was scared as hell
I said, "I don't have a license but I drive very well, officer"

I almost had a heart attack that day
Come to find out the girl was a twelve-year-old runaway

Old skool.

My favorite lines:

She said, "How do I know you're not sick?  You could be some deranged lunatic!"
I said, "Come on, toots, my name is the Prince.  Besides, would a lunatic have a Porsche like this?"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1142 on: June 07, 2012, 12:39:40 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #1143 on: June 09, 2012, 11:03:43 AM »
Bonnie and Clyde

Haven't watched this movie in a long time and saw it was on Netflix so I watched it last night. 

I remembered that it got nominations for Best Picture, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Supporting Actor twice, Best Supporting Actress and a few others, putting it in the same ballpark for nominations as One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.  Every major cast member in the film was nominated for an Academy Award.

I recently watched Cuckoo's Nest again as well.  It stands the test of time.  It might need a little sprucing up, but if it were released today for the first time it would still be just as powerful and just as well-received as it was when it first came out. 

Bonnie and Clyde not so much I don't think.  The cinematography was beautiful.  But I found Dunaway's performance to be a classic case of overacting.  Of all the Academy Awards it was nominated for, only Estelle Parsons' screeching portrayal of Blanche (IMO the WORST performance in the film by far) was a winner.

The film was considered ground breaking and drew much criticism at the time for its depiction of sex and violence.  I've seen more sex and violence in an afternoon of the Disney Channel than in this film. 

I understand why its a classic.  I understand how it played a part in changing the way movies were done.  But this is a movie I think I would like to see remade. 

It would have been great 10-15 years ago with Matthew McBongahey and maybe Charlize Theron, Holly Hunter, Michelle Pfieffer of even Uma Thurman. 

I'd like to see it now with Scarlett Johansen or Amanda Seyfried and --uh... maybe some douche like Paul Walker or the guy who plays DiNozzo on NCIS, Chris Pine or even Matt Damon (although he's not slick enough).

It wasn't a BAD movie per se, even though the editing was choppy (particularly in the climactic scene), the acting was overwrought and the story wasn't fleshed out as well as it could have been.

It just didn't hold up on further review like The Godfather, Cool Hand Luke, The Sting, Cuckoo's Nest, Mockingbird, Wonderful Life (yes, I know you either hate or love this movie), Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid or the others I remember fondly from the 60s and 70s.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

JR4AU

« Reply #1144 on: June 09, 2012, 11:31:55 AM »

, Wonderful Life (yes, I know you either hate or love this movie),

I love it!  Funny thing is, I was way in my late 30s before I saw it for the first time, or remember seeing it.  I don't think I've ever hated anything Jimmy Stewart ever did.  Loved most of it.  One of my all time faves is Anatomy of a Murder.  It's just hard not to like the guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #1145 on: June 10, 2012, 09:56:18 PM »
Madagascar 3

Never been a big fan of the Madagascar series to begin with.  Just sort of ehhhhh about it.  It's like a stale joke that wasn't really all that funny to begin with.

This "finale" didn't move me move me. 

The Circus Afro TV spots amused me.  The sad part is that that was about the only part of the film that made me laugh. 

The giraffe/hippo love story?  Pfffttt.  Don't care.  The bear/marmoset (or whatever) love story?  Pffftt.  Don't care.

I'm just not invested in the characters like I have been in Toy Story, Shrek, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocohantas, Mulan or any of the other amazing animated films that have come out over the last 20 years or so. 

Madagascar (and to a similar extent Ice Age) just seem like half-ass efforts.  The scripts don't have nearly the same level of wit, humor, pathos and beautiful simplicity of even Kung Fu Panda or Bolt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #1146 on: June 11, 2012, 09:32:29 AM »
Madagascar 3

Never been a big fan of the Madagascar series to begin with.  Just sort of ehhhhh about it.  It's like a stale joke that wasn't really all that funny to begin with.

This "finale" didn't move me move me. 

The Circus Afro TV spots amused me.  The sad part is that that was about the only part of the film that made me laugh. 

The giraffe/hippo love story?  Pfffttt.  Don't care.  The bear/marmoset (or whatever) love story?  Pffftt.  Don't care.

I'm just not invested in the characters like I have been in Toy Story, Shrek, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocohantas, Mulan or any of the other amazing animated films that have come out over the last 20 years or so. 

Madagascar (and to a similar extent Ice Age) just seem like half-ass efforts.  The scripts don't have nearly the same level of wit, humor, pathos and beautiful simplicity of even Kung Fu Panda or Bolt.

Took the kids to see it last Friday.  I'm ready to blow my brains out the next time I hear "Polka dot, Polka dot, Afro Circus!" even though it was kind of funny the first dozen times.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #1147 on: June 11, 2012, 09:50:27 AM »
Caught American Reunion this weekend at the cheap seats. Its the 4th installment of the American Pie series. The review is simple. It follows the path verbatim of the first 3. If you like them, you will like this one. If you don't, then you won't. Its great nostalgia for those that like the series. Good, but not great - which I didn't expect it to be.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #1148 on: June 12, 2012, 12:39:41 PM »
Prometheus

Imagine if Alien vs. Predator had twice the budget and its head twice as far up its own ass. That is this movie.

Beautifully shot but a shoddy premise and poor execution right up until the bad ending ripped right out of AvP.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

« Reply #1149 on: June 15, 2012, 04:12:12 PM »
Prometheus

Imagine if Alien vs. Predator had twice the budget and its head twice as far up its own ass. That is this movie.

Beautifully shot but a shoddy premise and poor execution right up until the bad ending ripped right out of AvP.

I have an opposite opinion as I thought it was a pretty good movie because it provided something fans of the Aliens franchise have wanted for years...the story of the Space Jockey that was briefly seen in the original Alien movie. We agree that the special effects and shooting was excellent. I saw it in 3D and I recommend it be seen in that way. There are several scenes that will lose their intended impact if seen in 2D.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #1150 on: June 22, 2012, 09:09:59 AM »
Not a review, but a preview. What do you guys think of the trailer for the new Judge Dredd movie? Seems more true to the Judge Dredd comic and I don't think I have been disappointed in anything Karl Urban has ever done.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #1151 on: June 22, 2012, 09:27:39 AM »
Not a review, but a preview. What do you guys think of the trailer for the new Judge Dredd movie? Seems more true to the Judge Dredd comic and I don't think I have been disappointed in anything Karl Urban has ever done.

I could be wrong, but that looks cheesier than the Stallone version judging solely from that trailer.

Dredd can't even fill out his helmet. Looks goofy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #1152 on: June 22, 2012, 10:03:59 AM »
Saw two movies that came out on Blu-Ray & DVD this week each from comedy filmmakers I enjoy.

Jeff Who Lives At Home - The Duplass brothers have been at the forefront of the "Mumblecore" movement. Central to that is typically a dialogue-heavy dry comedy with elements of drama where people talk like real people (not like Juno), and usually involves lots of improvisation. I saw the Duplass's "The Puffy Chair" when I saw it under "New Releases" on Netflix years ago and really enjoyed it. It starred Mark Duplass (one of the directors) & Katie Aselton, both now stars of the TV Show The League. They followed that up with Baghead, which was maybe a small step backward. Then they took the "Hollywood" leap with Cyrus, which I loved.

Their newest film, Jeff Who Lives at Home, I think is their best. By far. Brace yourself, Wes, but one element that I couldn't help but enjoy was that it was filmed in New Orleans, and much of the settings were easily recognizable. The scene where he's riding the bus at the beginning shows Veteran's, which is the New Orleans equivalent to 280, which I work right off of, and live pretty close to. Kind of weird seeing those scenes in a movie (to a lesser degree, this is also true for 21 Jump Street - Another hilarious movie you should check out). In spite of it clearly being filmed in New Orleans, and the real New Orleans restaurant Cochon is central to the plot, it supposedly takes place in Baton Rouge.

All that being said, that only plays a small part in what I liked about it this movie. It's all about coincidences and "everything happens for a reason". I'd elaborate more, but I don't want to risk spoiling the plot. If you're into these not-exactly-broad comedies, I highly recommend this one.

Wanderlust - I was always a big fan of The State back when MTV was relevant. Loved Viva Variety, Reno 911!, Stella, Childrens Hospital, Wet Hot American Summer, The Ten, and pretty much anything these guys collaborate on. If you haven't heard of or seen Ken Marino's new web-series spoofing "The Bachelor" type shows, check out Burning Love. David Wain directs, who is behind the camera as is usually the case for these post-The State projects. I feel like he's the most irreverently silly of the group, in a good way, and his unique sense of humor spills over heavily into this. At some times it's almost anti-humor, but somehow they're the funniest moments. Awkward pauses, unnecessary redundancy, and dryly "pointing out the obvious". If you're familiar with his work, you know the types of jokes I'm talking about.

And if you like seeing hippies being satirically made fun of for virtually 90 minutes, this is your movie Example: "This is my husband. He's an African American. And we're just as much in love as if we were the same color."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #1153 on: June 23, 2012, 01:46:08 PM »
There sure are a lot of people named Kaos.

Brave
I was rooting for this movie.  As the father of two girls I was hoping for a strong heroic female lead who didn't spend her entire time defying her parents in the name of love or doing something to chase a boy.  Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Tangled, Pocahontas, etc always had that male character. 

There was no male character of any substance here.  But instead of putting money on a strong story the production team apparently opted to drop their entire budget on animating red hair.  The lead character (I forget her name, which should tell you something) had an amazing mass of unkempt red hair that was almost a character in and of itself. 

The story was typical Disney fare: Girl thinks she knows more than her parents, there's conflict and then a meeting in the middle. 

But this Pixar film just didn't work for me. 

There wasn't enough of the brilliant humor that drove the Shrek films (and Puss) and the story didn't quite have the emotional and visual power of even Beauty and the Beast or Mermaid. 

It could have been Brave and at least looked in the direction of making a Brave statement, but in the end it copped out. 

Compared to Adam Sandler's latest shit fest (which I refuse to even watch) this movie would earn 40 stars.  But compared to Shrek, Puss, Toy Story, etc.?  It barely registers 2.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #1154 on: June 27, 2012, 03:21:07 AM »
There sure are a lot of people named Kaos.

Brave

But this Pixar film just didn't work for me. 

There wasn't enough of the brilliant humor that drove the Shrek films (and Puss) and the story didn't quite have the emotional and visual power of even Beauty and the Beast or Mermaid. 

It could have been Brave and at least looked in the direction of making a Brave statement, but in the end it copped out. 

Compared to Adam Sandler's latest shoot fest (which I refuse to even watch) this movie would earn 40 stars.  But compared to Shrek, Puss, Toy Story, etc.?  It barely registers 2.

Shrek is actually DreamWorks but I think I follow what your going with here.

Sad to read this one pussed out like that. This summer has blown chunks so far for me. Hoping August turns it around because July is determined to not be good save Christopher Nolan's latest mindfudge.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #1155 on: June 27, 2012, 09:10:39 AM »

So now Hollywood is taking bad movies and redoing them...ugh.  Going with the Chadskins on this one... looks bad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #1156 on: June 27, 2012, 09:17:54 AM »
Shrek is actually DreamWorks but I think I follow what your going with here.

Sad to read this one pussed out like that. This summer has blown chunks so far for me. Hoping August turns it around because July is determined to not be good save Christopher Nolan's latest mindfudge.

Spiderman should actually help July's cause coming out July 3rd (Holiday time). Whether it's good or not, it will make huge sums of money. Looks good to me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #1157 on: June 27, 2012, 01:36:39 PM »
Spiderman should actually help July's cause coming out July 3rd (Holiday time). Whether it's good or not, it will make huge sums of money. Looks good to me.

They just can't get the Spiderman casting right.  This new dude?  Please.  Peter Parker is not a scrawny, wormy fuck. 

Very bad choice. 

I could be wrong but I expect the new spiderman to suck -- despite the casting of the edible Emma Stone. 

Will wait for DVD. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #1158 on: June 27, 2012, 01:42:27 PM »
They just can't get the Spiderman casting right.  This new dude?  Please.  Peter Parker is not a scrawny, wormy fuck. 

Very bad choice. 

I could be wrong but I expect the new spiderman to suck -- despite the casting of the edible Emma Stone. 

Will wait for DVD.

I don't think the new Spiderman looks any different than the Tobey Spiderman. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #1159 on: June 27, 2012, 01:46:59 PM »
I don't think the new Spiderman looks any different than the Tobey Spiderman.

That scrawny gay-monk bastard was a massive fail, too. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions