Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Who will be Auburns starting quarterback this year?

Talon

Who will be Auburns starting quarterback this year?
« on: April 14, 2009, 09:30:44 PM »
What say you?? I'm going to give Caudle my vote. He seemed to be a bit quicker with picking up the defense the few times I saw him. Burns didn't impress me last year regardless of the Franklin fiasco. Tyrick could be the surprise starter but I don't think so.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
In his first news conference as AUBURN'S head coach in 1981, Pat Dye was asked this question:  "How long will it take you to beat Alabama"?  To which he responded, "Oh, about 60 minutes".

boartitz

Re: Who will be Auburns starting quarterback this year?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 09:54:21 PM »
What say you?? I'm going to give Caudle my vote. He seemed to be a bit quicker with picking up the defense the few times I saw him. Burns didn't impress me last year regardless of the Franklin fiasco. Tyrick could be the surprise starter but I don't think so.
Kobi. Deal with it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 10:02:53 PM »
I'm going with Kodi right now.  I may change my mind after this weekend's game.  I think Caudle has been there long enough, regardless of the system, to prove he's capable of being the #1.  If he's not by now...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Talon

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 10:53:38 PM »
Looks like I need to remove a couple from the poll...

http://blog.al.com/goldmine/2009/04/blog_photokodi_burns.html#more

Auburn coach Gene Chizik said Tuesday night that quarterbacks Neil Caudle and Kodi Burns will receive the majority of the snaps this week leading up to Saturday's A-Day Game.

Kodi Burns
That fits into the goal of offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn, who said last weekend that he wanted to cut the quarterback race from three to two. That means the odd man out -- at least temporarily -- is Barrett Trotter.

``We just decided to give more reps to Neil and Kodi. Really, that's the extent of it,'' said Chizik.

Chizik said he would not call either Caudle or Burns the starter.

``I wouldn't say that at all,'' he said. ``The decision being made is reps at this point.''

Chizik said Trotter is ``is not out'' of the race, but would receive fewer reps.

While the Auburn family focused on the quarterback race, Chizik said Tuesday's practice was really ``business as usual.''

The decision put Burns back in a familiar spot - under center and battling for a starting job.

``As a quarterback you definitely want to know,'' Burns said. ``As a guy that started a lot last year, you definitely want to know.''
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 11:18:13 PM by Talon »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
In his first news conference as AUBURN'S head coach in 1981, Pat Dye was asked this question:  "How long will it take you to beat Alabama"?  To which he responded, "Oh, about 60 minutes".

Aubie16

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 11:00:33 PM »
40% Caudle
30% Burns
15% Todd
10% Trotter
4% Rollison
1% Mosley
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 11:01:05 PM by Aubie16 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 09:24:14 AM »
I think Caudle has been there long enough, regardless of the system, to prove he's capable of being the #1.  If he's not by now...

This.

Burns will be running the show on the first day of the season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 09:59:53 AM »
I vote Burns.  If he could get his head out of ass he has the talent to be a great QB.   :bowl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 10:42:53 AM »
I think we will be in for a LONG season if Burns is expected to lead us all year at QB. I think he is a HELL of an athlete, but an average QB at best...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 11:34:04 AM »
I think we will be in for a LONG season if Burns is expected to lead us all year at QB. I think he is a HELL of an athlete, but an average QB at best...

I agree.  I really like the kid and I want to see him do good, but I still don't think he is ever going to be as good at QB as he is at being an athlete. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Talon

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2009, 05:59:37 PM »
Ok, after todays A-Day game I'm even more confident Caudle will be the starting quarterback. He looked better than Kodi to me. Most of his passes were pretty damn much on target. Kodi still looked a little confused.

Neal Caudle - 11-for-16, 161 yards, two touchdowns
Kodi Burns - 3-for-8, 48 yards
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 06:28:54 PM by Talon »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2009, 06:01:22 PM »
I stand by my percentages after A-Day. Although neither one of them did anything at all to separate themselves.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2009, 10:26:23 PM »
Ok, after todays A-Day game I'm even more confident Caudle will be the starting quarterback. He looked better than Kodi to me. Most of his passes were pretty damn much on target. Kodi still looked a little confused.

Neal Caudle - 11-for-16, 161 yards, two touchdowns
Kodi Burns - 3-for-8, 48 yards

Neil Caudle is head and shoulders above Kodi. Neil looked poised in the pocket with a left tackle that was getting blow up on every play, with zip on his passes. I was impressed with the way he ran the offense.  Kodi looked the same as last year, happy feet, under throwing recievers, making one read and running for his life.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2009, 11:04:56 PM »
Neil Caudle is head and shoulders above Kodi. Neil looked poised in the pocket with a left tackle that was getting blow up on every play, with zip on his passes. I was impressed with the way he ran the offense.  Kodi looked the same as last year, happy feet, under throwing recievers, making one read and running for his life.
I Concur.  Also, on Kodi's Long pass to Mario....It would've been Intercepted had it not been for Mario's Awesome athletic ability.  Mario had to reach back and knock it outta the DB's hands, then he caught it on the deflection.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

#2Bammer

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2009, 11:44:23 PM »
I Concur.  Also, on Kodi's Long pass to Mario....It would've been Intercepted had it not been for Mario's Awesome athletic ability.  Mario had to reach back and knock it outta the DB's hands, then he caught it on the deflection.

It was one pass you fuckstick! :fu: :fu:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2009, 11:50:38 PM »
It was one pass you fuckstick! :fu: :fu:
Fuck You, you dumb piece of Shit...that One Pass, no matter how bad of a pass it was, was better than most of y'alls QBs throws.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2009, 12:08:39 AM »
I skipped around the channels earlier and came across Bama's Mullet Day. I watched ONE play...which was McElroy throwing a bullet to Hightower.  Only problem is...Hightower is a linebacker.  Then I saw Nick Saban in a gray suit come out and rip McElroy.

I laughed my ass off and changed the channel.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2009, 12:24:57 AM »
Back to the topic at hand.  I have to admit.  Caudle impressed me today.  He was crisp and on target with his passes and looked very confident.  Easily the best I've seen him look since he's been at AU. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2009, 12:29:47 AM »
Neil Caudle 11-16 161 Yds 2 Tds....Zero INTs.

Kodi Burns 3-8 45 Yds 0 Tds (41 of the 45 Yds came from the Mario Fannin play where he knocked the ball away from the DB that had intercepted it).  So, if that pass was thrown to another player, Kodi very likely would've been (2-8 4 Yds 0 Tds 1 Int) that's assuming that the play calling would've been the same after the interception.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 12:33:26 AM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2009, 01:44:18 AM »
So, if that pass was thrown to another player, Kodi very likely would've been (2-8 4 Yds 0 Tds 1 Int) that's assuming that the play calling would've been the same after the interception.

For comparison sake I am calling a wash on that one of Kodi's.  Caudle had one that was tipped across the middle that should have been intercepted as well that went for a completion.

I have been going back and forth all evening on the two.  I don't know who will or should gt the nod.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2009, 06:34:39 AM »
I just shit my pants
Flamer, get back to your boyfriend and let the grown up's talk buisness.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 02:27:35 PM by Jumbo »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.