Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Coach midget threatens Big Bobby Massie....

boartitz

Re: Coach midget threatens Big Bobby Massie....
« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2009, 10:19:33 PM »
OK, so what are we talking about here? The Bobbie Massie rumors, or CNS' longevity at UA? He peaked at UA last season, he lucked out at LSU, etc is just plain speculation. Maybe you're right, and maybe you're wrong. You don't "know" it, you just know that its your opinion, and you are of course welcome to it. Its just one of those things that you have to stand by as time goes on. And the whole "he couldn't maintain their level of expectation" argument? Seriously? He can't handle the expectations in NCAA football, so he moves UP to NFL football? That makes absolutely NO sense. I could understand leaving the NFL to come back. That is something some college coaches can understand. Your coach included. If he leaves Alabama, then oh holy shit, he leaves. Its going to happen at some point, so why should we get all frantic about it? We shouldn't. Hell, by what you're describing, we won't have any reason to get upset about him bailing out. According to you, he's "not all that", so why worry? But for some reason, I don't think you wholeheartedly believe half of the shit you just posted.

So, what coach would be better for UA right now? After the past coaching debacles of this decade, how the fuck is Nick Saban not an upgrade? Are you seriously going to argue that we were getting more bang for our buck out of Mike Shula? Coach Fran? Coach Price? What coach could we have realistically gone after to replace Shula? I'm not saying he is the best on the planet, and that everybody should fear him, blah blah blah. All I'm saying is we could have done a whole hell of alot worse, and given our track record of hiring coaches, I was terrified that we would.

Its amusing, you act like you are some sort of prophet for guessing we will lose 4-5 games this season. Well, no shit Sherlock. Did you come up with that revelation all on your own? We will be breaking in a QB who has never started a single game in NCAA ball, and has seen very limited action in his NCAA career. We're starting 3 OL with next to no experience. Other than Julio Jones, we don't have all that much of a threat from the WR corps. Defense returns 9 players, but losing Rashad Johnson will sting a little. I'm sure we will struggle a little bit next season. You're not telling me something most Alabama fans aren't preparing for already.

You talk about the SEC being tougher since he was at LSU, but we seemed to skate through it with relative ease last season, mostly on the road no less. I understand that the SEC was a bit down last season, so are you saying it will be tougher two years from now, or what?
He's a high priced whore and yall are footing the bill. Is that simple and concise enough? Yall got your nut last year and he's looking for another John right now. Its all about him, fuck yall. Nicky has no loyalty or obligations to yall past his next paycheck.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2009, 10:55:31 PM »
He's a high priced whore and yall are footing the bill. Is that simple and concise enough? Yall got your nut last year and he's looking for another John right now. Its all about him, fuck yall. Nicky has no loyalty or obligations to yall past his next paycheck.

So from your name you're an Arkansas fan? If this is true, who in the hell do you think you are talking about a goddamn high priced whore? At least Saban didn't leave his NFL team in the cover of nigh, DURING THE SEASON. We both have hired guns for football coaches. Don't be a dildo and think otherwise.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

boartitz

« Reply #82 on: April 03, 2009, 11:05:27 PM »

So from your name you're an Arkansas fan? If this is true, who in the hell do you think you are talking about a goddamn high priced whore? At least Saban didn't leave his NFL team in the cover of nigh, DURING THE SEASON. We both have hired guns for football coaches. Don't be a dildo and think otherwise.
I know what we have. Yall are the ones thinking you have found the fucking Holy Grail.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #83 on: April 03, 2009, 11:11:19 PM »
So, just how loyal was your coach to Atlanta again? Are you fucking serious? How loyal do you think he is to Arkansas? These people are coaches. When it comes down to it, when somebody waves a load of cash in their faces, a load more than what they are currently making, they're going to go. You are being completely delusional.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #84 on: April 03, 2009, 11:18:17 PM »
I know what we have. Yall are the ones thinking you have found the fucking Holy Grail.
Not really. Could we have done worse? Yes. Did I assume we would somehow fuck it up? Yes. You still haven't answered my questions:

1. How in the fuck is this a downgrade from Mike Shula?

2. Who do you suggest we should have hired that was available, and was a better option?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2009, 10:50:17 AM »
He can't handle the expectations in NCAA football, so he moves UP to NFL football? That makes absolutely NO sense.

I've been pondering this for a bit after reading your post and I have come to the following conclusion:  D-I college football carries a greater burden of expectation for the coaches than NFL football.

Here is why:

In D-I college ball, one loss puts you in danger of irrelevance.  Two losses, until recently, meant that your goose was cooked and you'd have no prayer of sniffing the title game.  Three losses and you're out.

Contrast that with the NFL:

Eight (8) losses means that you can still make the playoffs and vie for the championship.  Undefeated seasons are so rare that the last team to do it still meets to pop champagne in celebration of their feat. 

I'm not saying that the pro game is less cut-throat or that the NFL GMs aren't holding their coaches' feet to the fire to encourage performance, but from a sheer W/L expectations analysis the NFL is the easier of the two gigs. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.