Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

You're The Coach. What QB Do You Play?

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
Re: You're The Coach. What QB Do You Play?
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2009, 01:45:09 PM »
Earth shattering news.  :taunt:
At least he is honest.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

JR4AU

« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2009, 05:32:03 PM »
My opinion you open it up,

I do think Kodi has the ability to be a great player, between coaching, experience, another year in the weight room they all play a tremendous part as does scheme.  Look at Jason ....Borges's system fit him perfectly, he came in and looked like a totally different QB.

but you still open it up during the Spring and see who rises to the top.

First post here...here goes...

They'll say it's an open competition, but realistically there's not enough practice time to do that.  They're looking at game and practice tape of last season to figure out if there's anything they can coach up in Kodi, or to see if there's something in one of the other's that nobody saw before.  Malzahn's first desire would be a dual threat guy which is why I think Kodi is #1 going in to spring, but he can work with a pocket passer, and may think Kodi's beyond help and look at another.  If Todd's arm stregnth issues were cured by the surgery, he may have a shot, but I'm not counting on that.  Heard lots of good stuff about Trotter, but all hearsay, and all in practice.  Caudle?  if it were a true open competiton, he might have a chance, just don't know, and don't think he'll really get a chance.   Coaches always lean on experience when undecided...so Kodi and Todd will be 1 and 2 going in to spring because that's who they have game film on, and Todd's arm could cause that to change quickly either way.  I think in the fall they will look at Rollison if nobody has really solidly won the job in the spring.   

War Eagle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2009, 05:38:39 PM »
Until the coachinfg situation improves there will be no more good seasons on the plains. We are in for a rougher than aveage season and it is not the fault of Kod, Todd or anyone who is going to put on the pads.
Sorry but I hate that fucking asswipe who is acting coach.

God your fucking dumbass pollutes this place too?   :puke:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2009, 05:40:23 PM »
Good first post JR4AU.  Post often, be funny and give us insightful, interesting crap.  Oh, and be sure to post some pictures of your girlfriend/wife...preferably naked....without you in them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Ogre

« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2009, 07:21:17 PM »
First post here...here goes...

They'll say it's an open competition, but realistically there's not enough practice time to do that.  They're looking at game and practice tape of last season to figure out if there's anything they can coach up in Kodi, or to see if there's something in one of the other's that nobody saw before.  Malzahn's first desire would be a dual threat guy which is why I think Kodi is #1 going in to spring, but he can work with a pocket passer, and may think Kodi's beyond help and look at another.  If Todd's arm stregnth issues were cured by the surgery, he may have a shot, but I'm not counting on that.  Heard lots of good stuff about Trotter, but all hearsay, and all in practice.  Caudle?  if it were a true open competiton, he might have a chance, just don't know, and don't think he'll really get a chance.   Coaches always lean on experience when undecided...so Kodi and Todd will be 1 and 2 going in to spring because that's who they have game film on, and Todd's arm could cause that to change quickly either way.  I think in the fall they will look at Rollison if nobody has really solidly won the job in the spring.   

War Eagle.

Welcome to TigersX, JR!

I'm much more at ease going into this spring knowing that our OC didn't bring in a QB with him, like Franklin did with Todd.  I think we will have a real competition this year, and no one will be playing favorites.  If Todd is as shitty as he was last year, then I think he'll be holding the clipboard all season. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2009, 01:27:44 AM »
Welcome to TigersX, JR!

I'm much more at ease going into this spring knowing that our OC didn't bring in a QB with him, like Franklin did with Todd.  I think we will have a real competition this year, and no one will be playing favorites.  If Todd is as shitty as he was last year, then I think he'll be holding the clipboard all season. 
Shitty is not the word used to describe Chris Todd.  The correct adjective is "lobe" or "cock wallet."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Greaseyweasel

• Love Auburn, Hate chizik. 'nuff said.
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2009, 06:40:27 AM »
God your fucking dumbass pollutes this place too?   :puke:
The truth is everywhere.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You've got to learn to stand for something

or you'll fall for anything.

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2009, 12:16:28 PM »
Shitty is not the word used to describe Chris Todd.  The correct adjective is "lobe" or "cock wallet."

I'm with you.  I don't want Todd on the field, no matter how strong his arm is.  I just can't see him "changing" enough to make the right decisions down the field, plus his arm strength is not going to cure that pussyfooted shuffle-dance he does when pressured in the pocket, which usually ended in complete disaster last season.

I agree with JR (welcome, by the way) in that if Kodi can be "coached up", then he's the man.  I'd like to see some film of Trotter and Caudle as well, so I can better understand their skillz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2009, 02:11:10 PM »
Welcome to TigersX, JR!

There was a reason Todd was brought in, and started.  Most Auburn folks don't want to hear it or believe anything about that situation, and are much more comfortable just hating Todd.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2009, 02:15:59 PM »
I'm with you.  I don't want Todd on the field, no matter how strong his arm is.  I just can't see him "changing" enough to make the right decisions down the field, plus his arm strength is not going to cure that pussyfooted shuffle-dance he does when pressured in the pocket, which usually ended in complete disaster last season.

I agree with JR (welcome, by the way) in that if Kodi can be "coached up", then he's the man.  I'd like to see some film of Trotter and Caudle as well, so I can better understand their skillz.

Thanks...by the way, the QBs are coached to "fire their feet".  Todd was brought in because he knew that offense, and he did run it better than Kodi...but they weren't actually running Franklin's offense.  Still, Franklin is gone, and so are the other coaches...they'll all be pulling in the same direction, and that should improve the offense on it's own. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2009, 02:19:28 PM »
they'll all be pulling in the same direction, and that should improve the offense on it's own. 

Exactly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2009, 02:44:44 PM »
Thanks...by the way, the QBs are coached to "fire their feet".  Todd was brought in because he knew that offense, and he did run it better than Kodi...but they weren't actually running Franklin's offense.  Still, Franklin is gone, and so are the other coaches...they'll all be pulling in the same direction, and that should improve the offense on it's own. 

Agreed on everything...but Todd doesn't "fire his feet" like he should.  He looks like a deer in some big-ass 18-wheeler headlights when pressured in the pocket.  His ability to check off receivers, scramble, and avoid a sack are sub-par for an SEC level QB.  I have hopes that Malzahn will improve this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2009, 03:23:43 PM »
There was a reason Todd was brought in, and started.  Most Auburn folks don't want to hear it or believe anything about that situation, and are much more comfortable just hating Todd.
Starting the Slow Clap!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

boartitz

« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2009, 04:05:17 PM »
Agreed on everything...but Todd doesn't "fire his feet" like he should.  He looks like a deer in some big-ass 18-wheeler headlights when pressured in the pocket.  His ability to check off receivers, scramble, and avoid a sack are sub-par for an SEC level QB.  I have hopes that Malzahn will improve this.
Gus is one of the best I have ever seen at developing a QB to play within his scheme. If the kid has any talent or smarts at all, Gus will figure out what to do with him.
I'm still unsure if Gus will really get to run the offense. I've seen him get micromanaged at Arkansas and that did not work. He got backstabbed here.
Sure he left, but you know, he has yet to say anything bad about Nutt publicly. He knew that he couldn't work at Arkansas at that time even if it was his dream job because of Nutt and his posse. If Petrino leaves, I envision Gus as our next head coach.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2009, 04:15:42 PM »
Gus is one of the best I have ever seen at developing a QB to play within his scheme. If the kid has any talent or smarts at all, Gus will figure out what to do with him.
I'm still unsure if Gus will really get to run the offense. I've seen him get micromanaged at Arkansas and that did not work. He got backstabbed here.
Sure he left, but you know, he has yet to say anything bad about Nutt publicly. He knew that he couldn't work at Arkansas at that time even if it was his dream job because of Nutt and his posse. If Petrino leaves, I envision Gus as our next head coach.

Naaaa...Petrino rarely leaves a gig.  You're solid there.

Okay titz, I've seen that reference several times from Hawg and other fans about Gus not being allowed to run the O and Nutt micromanaging etc.  I'd really like a Hawg fans' take because from what I saw of Arky's offense under Gus/Nutt, they did exactly what they should have done. Feed the stud RBs the ball 80% of the time and mix in the pass when needed with a young, inexperienced QB.  Nothing even remotely resembling what was run at Tulsa.

Now, I want to believe it was Gus being smart and maximizing what he had.  And I can't believe it was all Nutt because if Houston Nutt really takes that kind of control over an offense and that's the style he runs, well he sure changed his tune when he got to Ole Piss.  They are anything but a ground and pound O.  I keep hearing that Gus is great and we'll be fine, but did Arky see the true Gus and did he ever run a "Fast as hell" spread type offense on this level?  Because anyone who doesn't believe SEC linebackers won't blow that spread shit up if not run right, is on drugs.

There are certain types of offense that will work at certain levels of college play.  Just like there are certain offenses that will NEVER work at the pro level.  A true option attack is a thing of beauty to watch.  Run that shit more than once in the pros and Karlos Dansby or ray Lewis will take the ball and your head and chunk them both 20 rows up in the stands.  Hogwally said it best.  Gus' offense (What I saw at Tulsa) will work great until you have to pound it out in the 4th.  Can't do it.  Auburn wasn't big or physical enough to do it last year with our 275 pound linemen.  You MUST be able to pound it in the SEC..period. 

And don't give me Florida.  Tebow is a 235 pound god.  He just cured AIDS by staring at 3 gay people and willing it in his mind.  
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 04:24:58 PM by Harvey Birdman »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

boartitz

« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2009, 04:49:40 PM »
Here's a taste of Gus' offense versus USC with a fresh out of High school QB and a freshman receiver (both who are now playing at USC).USC still had a good many of their starters in at this point. That's the way Pete rolls . The game was obviously out of hand before Nutt let Gus have a go.
After this game Nutt gave Gus a little more control with the offense and this freshman QB went 8-0 in his starts.
The petty motherfucker that Nutt is could not stand hearing Gus this, Gus that, and benched the QB and started calling the plays. We fucking tanked.
Nutt also did very well in his first year at Arkansas with Danny Ford's players, then went down hill. Matt Jones single handedly saved his ass for a couple of years.
Watch Mississippi fall. They may be pretty good yet this year, but when Nutt gets his players in and takes the reins away from Austin, look for them to be 6=5, 7-4  year in year out. Which is probably fine with the Rebs. They like going bowling to Memphis and Shrevesport.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2009, 05:15:54 PM »
He ran the Red X offense?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2009, 05:20:33 PM »
He ran the Red X offense?
Thats twice. Don't you think the problem may be on your end? I see it. It's a youtube embed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2009, 05:27:08 PM »
Thats twice. Don't you think the problem may be on your end? I see it. It's a youtube embed.
I see das video.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2009, 06:23:16 PM »

I have no problems on my end...well..except for that flatulence thing from time to time.

Actually, I can see it now when I log on at home but at work, it's nothing but the X.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions