Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

You're The Coach. What QB Do You Play?

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
Re: You're The Coach. What QB Do You Play?
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2009, 11:40:24 AM »
I was talking about a guy named Tommy Chang that played QB in the YMCA league down here back in 97'.  Great QB.  But that Timmy guy was pretty good too.

Uummm....what?

I used to love Tommy Chong.  He was in some great movies.

Just the small half.

Wait that would make him 100%

Oh no no no...the only Asian about me is my ninja skillz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2009, 11:49:42 AM »
I used to love Tommy Chong.  He was in some great movies.

Oh no no no...the only Asian about me is my ninja skillz.

Didn't Wang Chung do some of the soundtracks for those movies?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2009, 12:12:49 PM »
I was talking about a guy named Tommy Chang that played QB in the YMCA league down here back in 97'.  Great QB.  But that Timmy guy was pretty good too.

Uummm....what?
Tommy was my boy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2009, 12:16:04 PM »
Tommy was my boy.

So.  That's Where the Boys Are. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

boartitz

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2009, 12:42:15 PM »
ROGERS - Auburn offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn will never forget where and how he got his start as a football coach.

"I'm an Arkansas high school football coach," Malzahn said before a packed crowd Thursday at The Summit luncheon at the Church at Pinnacle Hills. "I just happen to be coaching in college."

Malzahn, the former Springdale head coach and offensive coordinator at Arkansas and Tulsa, was the featured speaker at the event and was greeted warmly by the crowd.

"It feels great to be back," Malzahn said as he and Church at Pinnacle Hills pastor Ronnie Floyd engaged in a Q&A session that discusses Malzahn's past, current and future career as a college coach.

Afterward, Malzahn was engulfed by fans seeking autographs and to offer handshakes and hugs, showing their appreciation to a former local high school coach that has risen through the ranks of his profession.

"First of all I'm very blessed," Malzahn said. "I've been fortunate to develop a lot of great relationships. A lot of these people are my personal friends. It's good to come back and see people you're familiar with. It's pretty special."

Malzahn's career has been a whirlwind ever since leading Springdale High to an undefeated and unchallenged 2005 state championship run. He was the offensive coordinator at Arkansas in 2006 but left the Razorbacks amid controversy regarding former head coach Houston Nutt. Malzahn landed at Tulsa for two seasons as cooffensive coordinator and helped the Golden Hurricane become the topranked offense in the nation behind his hurry-up no-huddle scheme.

Malzahn accepted the offensive coordinator position at Auburn after Gene Chizik was hired to replace head coach Tommy Tuberville.

At Auburn, he'll have a couple of northwest Arkansas' finest football players to work with in Fort Smith Northside quarterback Kodi Burns and Rogers offensive lineman Lee Ziemba.

Malzahn recruited both while at Arkansas but Ziemba and Burns signed with Auburn in February 2007. Malzahn is looking forward to getting the chance to coach them at Auburn.

"Recruited (Ziemba) when I was at Arkansas," Malzahn said. "Developed great relations. He's got a great family. That was a real highlight for me when I got the job at Auburn, to be able to coach him.

"Kodi's the same deal. We're from the same hometown (Fort Smith). Got a chance to coach against him. Know his family real well. That was a real plus, too."

Malzahn said he thought Ziemba has the talent to become an All-American at his position.

Floyd asked Malzahn during the Q&A if Burns would start at quarterback for Auburn after struggling at the position during last season. Malzahn didn't give a definitive answer but when asked by media later he said Burns is "familiar with what we're going to do. I think he's familiar with me. I know he's capable of being a very good quarterback.

"He's had three coordinators in two years and that's tough on any quarterback. I know he's ready for some stability. I know he's capable of doing a very good job."

Malzahn also spoke fondly of Bentonville head football coach Barry Lunney.

Lunney is one of the two coaches Malzahn mentioned as men who he considered role models. Former Barton head coach Frank McClellan was the other.

"Coach Lunney didn't dip, didn't cuss his players and he was very professional," Malzahn said of his first meeting with Lunney. "I said to myself, boy that's what I'd like to be like."

Malzahn said he kept up with the Tigers last fall as Bentonville went 12-1 and won the Class 7A state football championship.

"Yeah I sure did," he said. "Of course (Bentonville linebackers coach) Rob Coleman is one of my best friends in the world. I get a chance to call coach Lunney from time to time. Of course I recruit this area, too."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2009, 01:12:44 PM »
"He's had three coordinators in two years and that's tough on any quarterback. I know he's ready for some stability. I know he's capable of doing a very good job."
The last Auburn QB to be in this situation turned out to be pretty good in that fourth season...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2009, 02:21:39 PM »
Tommy was my boy.

Did he ever star with Jackie Chan?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2009, 06:03:13 PM »
Did he ever star with Jackie Chan?

Don't we have a white quarterback around there somewhere?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2009, 04:42:00 PM »
No shit.  He thought I was half-Asian.
I thought Chad was straight as well. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2009, 10:57:30 AM »
We've got the same situation this season as last. I do not see one of the young guys being ready yet. 2010 should be a damn fine year for QB on the Plains. But for this season, I see it the same. Todd will impress the coach with his knowledge of defenses and being able to direct the offense (along with his off the field work ethic). Burns will show tremendous upside but not be able to see more than 15 yds down field.

Sad part is, Todd will see down field but not be able to get the ball there, Kodi could get it there but will never look there.  If Todd can throw the ball, he will start. If not, we are in for another rough season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2009, 11:24:26 AM »
We've got the same situation this season as last. I do not see one of the young guys being ready yet. 2010 should be a damn fine year for QB on the Plains. But for this season, I see it the same. Todd will impress the coach with his knowledge of defenses and being able to direct the offense (along with his off the field work ethic). Burns will show tremendous upside but not be able to see more than 15 yds down field.

Sad part is, Todd will see down field but not be able to get the ball there, Kodi could get it there but will never look there.  If Todd can throw the ball, he will start. If not, we are in for another rough season.

I agree, but I think that the QB position will improve with Malzhan. I don't see him being hard headed about the plays to run and the system to run. The one thing I like about Malzhan, he seems to tailor the offense around the skills of the players. If there is a drop back QB playing, he calls plays that fit that ability. If it is more of an option threat QB, he will call play to let him excel. I don't think we will see anymore,"we don't have the talent to run this system" because good coaching finds the skills of the players on the field, and uses them. This is what got me so irritated at the last coaches...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2009, 11:56:59 AM »
We've got the same situation this season as last.

Except that we have an entirely different coaching staff.

Let's see what the kids can do after a bit of coaching.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2009, 12:00:37 PM »

So sad, yet so true.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2009, 12:24:23 PM »
Chris Todd should not be the starting QB.  Dear God...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2009, 01:52:22 PM »
So soon do many people forget how well he played in the bowl game against Clem....  err... nevermind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2009, 02:17:27 PM »

Well, he's no Daniel Cobb.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2009, 02:18:23 PM »
Well, he's no Daniel Cobb.
You're right, he is 143,345 times worse.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2009, 02:21:10 PM »
You're right, he is 143,345 times worse.

I would argue that one with you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Greaseyweasel

• Love Auburn, Hate chizik. 'nuff said.
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2009, 07:20:03 PM »

Until the coachinfg situation improves there will be no more good seasons on the plains. We are in for a rougher than aveage season and it is not the fault of Kod, Todd or anyone who is going to put on the pads.
Sorry but I hate that fucking asswipe who is acting coach.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You've got to learn to stand for something

or you'll fall for anything.

« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2009, 09:04:23 PM »
Sorry but I hate that fucking asswipe who is acting coach.

Earth shattering news.  :taunt:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions