Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Grade Chiz and the new staff on this recruiting class

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
Grade Chiz and the new staff on this recruiting class
« on: February 04, 2009, 01:38:07 PM »
Well with this yeasrs class pretty much in the house how would you grade Chiz and company
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Grade Chiz and the new staff on this recruiting class
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 01:42:24 PM »
Well with this yeasrs class pretty much in the house how would you grade Chiz and company

I am holding my vote until I look a little more closely.  On the surface I would give it a solid B.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 01:46:31 PM »
I am holding my vote until I look a little more closely.  On the surface I would give it a solid B.

Likewise.  I haven't heard much about qualifiers and non-q's etc.  It does look like we got our share of 4* guys along with some playmakers that have been so sorely lacking the last couple of years.  I would like to have seen more highly rated trench guys.  Hopefully, it's been coaching but this group hasn't blocked a damn soul in 2-3 years. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 01:52:31 PM »
I'm holding my vote too, but seriously, who the fuck put down F?

Out yourself and explain your reasons. What did you give Tuberville these past few years? We have moved into the Top 10 according to several recruiting sites.

Do you think Tuberville could have pulled that off this year? I don't.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 01:57:49 PM »
I'm holding my vote too, but seriously, who the fuck put down F?

Out yourself and explain your reasons. What did you give Tuberville these past few years? We have moved into the Top 10 according to several recruiting sites.

Do you think Tuberville could have pulled that off this year? I don't.

We would never have sniffed of guys like Rollison and Benton had the other staff stayed.  Maybe not even Moseley or Washington.  I'm just hoping this new staff established some good relationships with the programs in our traditional recruiting grounds and added a few others.  Not to open the Texas debate again, but it sure wouldn't hurt to pull a few out of there each year.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JohnDeere

• Pledge
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 01:58:00 PM »
but seriously, who the fuck put down F?

One of those effing bamer trolls that frequent this site, no doubt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 02:07:00 PM »
I give it a B.  The only school that desesrves an "A" thus far is LSU.  Holy shit on a stick they are racking up recruits...they have like 4 five star recruits.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 02:10:00 PM »
I give it a B.  The only school that desesrves an "A" thus far is LSU.  Holy shit on a stick they are racking up recruits...they have like 4 five star recruits.
They think they have a good shot at T. Richardson as well...I doubt it, but if they did get him their class should be #1 and the next team behind them should be listed as #5.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 02:12:09 PM »
Just a stupid question, but how many Ole Miss recruits won't qualify?  They have inked 34 LOI's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2009, 02:13:27 PM »
Very true, but really it depends on your grading scale. If you're talking in relation with the expectations, I'm leaning towards A.

Admit when he was announced HC, you thought this recruiting season was going straight to the shitter.

The fact that he pulled off what he has so far under the circumstances he was dealt is pretty damn impressive.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2009, 02:16:58 PM »
I gave it a B.  I am pleased with the group we've signed, but there's always room for improvement.  Next year I'm look for an A type class.

I would guess that Kaos or greasy dick voted for the fucking F.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2009, 02:17:53 PM »
Just a stupid question, but how many Ole Miss recruits won't qualify?  They have inked 34 LOI's.
Those kids really love the helmet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2009, 02:49:34 PM »
Very true, but really it depends on your grading scale. If you're talking in relation with the expectations, I'm leaning towards A.

Admit when he was announced HC, you thought this recruiting season was going straight to the shitter.

The fact that he pulled off what he has so far under the circumstances he was dealt is pretty damn impressive.

I agree with this.

If we land Oku and/or Brown, then we're talking "A+" class.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2009, 03:20:12 PM »
I feel that Coach Chizik's first signing class is an B+/A-....And, that's without Oku.  If Oku is added that would bump it up to an A-/A.  LSU's class is an A+, uat's class is an A/A+.  If TR does go to LSU, uat's class would stay at A/A+.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2009, 03:30:42 PM »
I feel that Coach Chizik's first signing class is an B+/A-....And, that's without Oku.  If Oku is added that would bump it up to an A-/A.  LSU's class is an A+, uat's class is an A/A+.  If TR does go to LSU, uat's class would stay at A/A+.

My ranking took into account the last minute coaching change.  A sliding scale, if you will.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2009, 03:38:17 PM »
I still think it is SO RIDICULOUS to grade someone on POTENTIAL.  These kids are unknowns afa the college game goes, ESPECIALLY the SEC college game.  I understand the WHOO HOO over snagging some kid that everyone else wanted - I am as competitive as the next person - but the five star studs could just as easily turn into a five star dud.  I want to see on field performance, not what ifs.

I will grade this class - and the coaching staff's efforts - at the end of the 2011 season.  Until then, if wishes were horses, beggars would ride.

Or for this group, unicorns...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2009, 03:47:58 PM »
I still think it is SO RIDICULOUS to grade someone on POTENTIAL.  These kids are unknowns afa the college game goes, ESPECIALLY the SEC college game.  I understand the WHOO HOO over snagging some kid that everyone else wanted - I am as competitive as the next person - but the five star studs could just as easily turn into a five star dud.  I want to see on field performance, not what ifs.

I will grade this class - and the coaching staff's efforts - at the end of the 2011 season.  Until then, if wishes were horses, beggars would ride.

Or for this group, unicorns...

Lighten up Frances.  Let us enjoy our signing day.  We're manly men and live for this shit. 

We pretty much have nothing else in life.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2009, 04:06:09 PM »
Lighten up Frances.  Let us enjoy our signing day.  We're manly men and live for this shit. 

We pretty much have nothing else in life.
I was referring to the guys at Rivals and Scouts as much as I was y'all. 

Don't misunderstand - I love surprising everyone by snagging some recruits that no one thought would ever look our way.  I LOVE the positive national attention.  I think the coaches DO deserve an A for the EFFORT they put into recruiting ANYONE with such a small window of opportunity.  But I can't in good conscience rate them on the class they put together.  I was just explaining my reasons for not voting in this poll.  It's a great class, on paper.  Enjoy the hell out of it.  I am just reserving my opinion for later, when we can see what we actually have, talent wise. 

And the manly men part made me chortle - did you forget that I have met most of you in person?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 04:06:53 PM by Tiger Wench »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2009, 04:07:29 PM »
I was referring to the guys at Rivals and Scouts as much as I was y'all. 

Don't misunderstand - I love surprising everyone by snagging some recruits that no one thought would ever look our way.  I LOVE the positive national attention.  I think the coaches DO deserve an A for the EFFORT they put into recruiting ANYONE with such a small window of opportunity.  But I can't in good conscience rate them on the class they put together.  I was just explaining my reasons for not voting in this poll.  It's a great class, on paper.  Enjoy the hell out of it.  I am just reserving my opinion for later, when we can see what we actually have, talent wise. 

And the manly men part made me chortle - did you forget that I have met most of you in person?

Is that going to take you 3 seasons to determine?  Just askin...  I get what all else you're saying.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2009, 04:14:24 PM »
Is that going to take you 3 seasons to determine?  Just askin...  I get what all else you're saying.
I figure 2011 will be the first season to be majority Chiz & Co recruits.  That would be the first season that any of these guys would likely declare for the NFL draft, at the end of their jr year, if they are any good.  That also allows for redshirts, and getting a year or two of experience under their belts, just to be fair.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions