Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Interesting read on how we landed Benton.

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
Interesting read on how we landed Benton.
« on: February 05, 2009, 04:39:07 PM »
This is a pretty good read.  Looks as though Lester pulled Benton's offer at the last minute.  Also notice what Bastrop's coach has to say about this.

http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/20090205/UPDATES02/90204039/1006
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Interesting read on how we landed Benton.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 06:35:33 PM »
This is a pretty good read.  Looks as though Lester pulled Benton's offer at the last minute.  Also notice what Bastrop's coach has to say about this.

http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/20090205/UPDATES02/90204039/1006

So does this diminish the rampant Chizaculation in any way?  I'd have to say it does. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 06:46:40 PM »
Nope..sorry Kaos, it doesn't.  Coach Chizik and Company did a great job of recruiting skill players and defensive players.  I would've liked one or two more Olinemen and maybe one more Linebacker, but, other than that...They knocked it out of the park, IMO.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 06:52:01 PM »
Nope..sorry Kaos, it doesn't.  Coach Chizik and Company did a great job of recruiting skill players and defensive players.  I would've liked one or two more Olinemen and maybe one more Linebacker, but, other than that...They knocked it out of the park, IMO.

Okay, yesterday you turned your genitals into hamburger meat flogging over Chizik's mastery in pulling DeAngelo.  Then this story surfaces where he was signing with LSU but had his offer yanked only hours before was to sign.  Scramble ensues, he has no options and he jumps on Auburn.  So the meat beating yesterday over how Chiz recruited the fuck out of the guy are, in fact, diminished are they not? 

I'm not asking about anybody else that he recruited or how many hairs he has on his nutsack.  Only whether this particular instance wipes up some of the spilled spooge. 

It wasn't a bad effort on their part overall.  Mediocre.  Could have been worse. Could have been better. Hardly out of the park. Well, unless it's a small park.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 06:53:29 PM »
Okay, yesterday you turned your genitals into hamburger meat flogging over Chizik's mastery in pulling DeAngelo.  Then this story surfaces where he was signing with LSU but had his offer yanked only hours before was to sign.  Scramble ensues, he has no options and he jumps on Auburn.  So the meat beating yesterday over how Chiz recruited the fuck out of the guy are, in fact, diminished are they not? 

I'm not asking about anybody else that he recruited or how many hairs he has on his nutsack.  Only whether this particular instance wipes up some of the spilled spooge. 

It wasn't a bad effort on their part overall.  Mediocre.  Could have been worse. Could have been better. Hardly out of the park. Well, unless it's a small park.

I've spent my whole life bragging over small things
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 06:57:34 PM »

This is the blind hog finding an acorn scenario. Deal wif it. It happens. Good for yall.
Otherwise known as the shit in a swinging bucket phenomon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 07:04:35 PM »
This is the blind hog finding an acorn scenario. Deal wif it. It happens. Good for yall.
Otherwise known as the shit in a swinging bucket phenomon.

Wha....? 

Blind hogs beat Prowler's acorns? 

Wha......?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

• Love Auburn, Hate chizik. 'nuff said.
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 09:29:03 PM »
This is just standard operating procedure for the chizpanzee.
Scraps and trash will attract scraps and trash. If he can't make the grades to get into LSU then how in the hell is he going to be able to qualify at Auburn?
But when you have a "coach" that fixing to be without a school obviously feels a kinship with a player who has no offer from the school he wanted.
Its a shame the guy is a stud.
Just to dumb to get in the Bayou Reform school. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You've got to learn to stand for something

or you'll fall for anything.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 07:52:06 AM »
Certainly aided in us getting him but the fact still remains that he came in under Chizik's watch. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 08:45:45 AM »
So does this diminish the rampant Chizaculation in any way?  I'd have to say it does. 
Yes, because Tuberville would have gotten him much sooner.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2009, 09:56:51 AM »
Yes, because Tuberville would have gotten him much sooner.
Ahahaha
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2009, 10:02:53 AM »
As long as he is eligible and catches 50 TDs next season, I could care less how we got him short of breaking the rules. I  would love to see him almost single-handedly beat LSU.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.