Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Alabama Recruiting Question For Resident Bammers

Alabama Recruiting Question For Resident Bammers
« on: January 16, 2009, 01:20:00 PM »
I thought Saban was the main recruiter.  He wrote and talked with all of these recruits, yet Richardson, West and a few others are talking about how shocked and dissapointed they are in Lance leaving.  They're also making it clear that they "don't really know any of the other coaches" including Saban.

What say you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Alabama Recruiting Question For Resident Bammers
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 02:04:59 PM »
No worries.  Nick will telepathically threaten each recruit who may be waivering a bit.  "What I meant to say was...who is this Lance Thompson of which you speak?  I am completely dedicated to The Process."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 02:54:33 PM »
No worries.  Nick will telepathically threaten each recruit who may be waivering a bit.  "What I meant to say was...who is this Lance Thompson of which you speak?  I am completely dedicated to The Process."
These are not the droids you are looking for...  :flag:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 03:10:19 PM »
where has runswithallofbamasrecruits gone?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 05:00:53 PM »
where has runswithallofbamasrecruits gone?

With Thompson and Steele leaving he's been forced to pull double shifts on the recruit blow job line. 

You think it's bad here, you should see all the people who've fallen, can't get up and aren't getting put on hold or ignored by smart ass 911 operators.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 05:02:00 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009, 05:20:17 PM »
The real question is:  How much does a top notch 5* stud cost these days?  What do you think the current market is?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009, 06:35:51 PM »
The real question is:  How much does a top notch 5* stud cost these days?  What do you think the current market is?
$15,000-$30,000 up front, in cash.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2009, 09:18:08 PM »
$15,000-$30,000 up front, in cash.

Wasn't that three star fat kid paid $250,000? 

Honestly, I think it's a whole lot more than just cash.  How about - "Sign with Alabama, and your mother gets a job that pays well."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2009, 11:33:48 PM »
Wasn't that three star fat kid paid $250,000? 

Honestly, I think it's a whole lot more than just cash.  How about - "Sign with Alabama, and your mother gets a job that pays well."

I know for a fact this used to happen at UA.  For an absolute fact. 

Does it now? Can't say.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2009, 12:47:18 AM »
I know for a fact this used to happen at UA.  For an absolute fact. 

Does it now? Can't say.

Big rumor last year was that Jerrell Harris was more interested in Auburn, but Mama was told that she had a job waiting for her at some big shot lawyer's office in Gadsen. 

I think there are a lot of innovative ways to cheat nowadays.  The days of handing kids a blank check are over.  You'd have to be stupid to get caught cheating like that; although, I wouldn't put it past some old times in the REC.  So far, it seems like the new fad is giving Mama and Daddy a new job through legal means (who says Jerrell's mom didn't dazzle the lawyers in an interview?) and threatening a kid for taking a visit.  It's very strange that multiple recruits cancelled their visits to Auburn as soon as it was publicly reported that they were coming.  Rueban Randle and Deangelo Benton - both big time LSU prospects - are two that come to mind. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2009, 12:54:33 AM »
Every watch Sopranos?  Know what a no-show job is? 

They have a lot of those floating around.

Big rumor last year was that Jerrell Harris was more interested in Auburn, but Mama was told that she had a job waiting for her at some big shot lawyer's office in Gadsen. 

I think there are a lot of innovative ways to cheat nowadays.  The days of handing kids a blank check are over.  You'd have to be stupid to get caught cheating like that; although, I wouldn't put it past some old times in the REC.  So far, it seems like the new fad is giving Mama and Daddy a new job through legal means (who says Jerrell's mom didn't dazzle the lawyers in an interview?) and threatening a kid for taking a visit.  It's very strange that multiple recruits cancelled their visits to Auburn as soon as it was publicly reported that they were coming.  Rueban Randle and Deangelo Benton - both big time LSU prospects - are two that come to mind. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2009, 01:06:14 AM »
Every watch Sopranos?  Know what a no-show job is? 

They have a lot of those floating around.

Me thinks Kaos is drunk
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2009, 01:11:44 AM »
Me thinks Kaos is drunk

Methinks you are too. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2009, 01:19:21 AM »
Methinks you are too. 

Methinks you would be correct
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2009, 12:23:47 PM »
I thought Saban was the main recruiter.  He wrote and talked with all of these recruits, yet Richardson, West and a few others are talking about how shocked and dissapointed they are in Lance leaving.  They're also making it clear that they "don't really know any of the other coaches" including Saban.

What say you?
i don't know where anybody has ever really claimed that CNS was the "main recruiter". if i had to say somebody was our "main recruiter" it would have been Lance Thompson. i even said on AUN the other week that in the future i think it would hurt if we lost Thompson. i wouldn't predict a mass defection, but in the future it would hurt. he was a HUGE boost in the Mobile area and that will be missed, especially if he covers the same area for UT. i would love for you to show me where they are saying they don't know CNS or haven't met him, etc. i mean, do you really believe all of the bullshit you spew? you really mean to tell me CNS has never met or spoken with Trent Richardson? thats total bullshit if you ask me. i could see maybe joe blow recruit who really isn't a priority or anything maybe not getting any face time with CNS, but not the high profile guys. please show me where recruits are saying they have no idea who CNS is....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2009, 02:25:35 PM »
i don't know where anybody has ever really claimed that CNS was the "main recruiter".

Scissors, I know you're taking up the Bama cause, but let me be clear.  You do NOT represent all of them.  As far as this point, I'll only point out that if you don't think that Bama fans and media don't, at minimum, infer that Saban is the reason and head of all recruiting effort, then you're not really paying attention.  I think that's fair.  You're certainly welcome to your opinion.

i mean, do you really believe all of the bullshit you spew? you really mean to tell me CNS has never met or spoken with Trent Richardson? thats total bullshit if you ask me.

Instant angst doesn't work for you.  However, here we agree.  It IS bullshit, because I never said that either.  Trent Richardson and West were upset because their primary contact was Thompson.  They of course know Saban, and have access, but it was Thompson they KNEW.   

West was actually the one who said, quote "I was shocked. The only thoughts I really had about it was wondering why he left. He was the main coach I talked to. I don't really know the other coaches all that well, but I guess we'll see how it goes."

So, it's not "bullshit" I made up.  It was also just a question.  The articles I've seen make it clear that while it may have been emotionally driven, some of Bama's recruits KNEW, or had a relationship of some sort with Thompson.  One they didn't have with Saban.  However, it's my contention that Saban is given almost ALL the credit in the media and by the majority of the Bama fan base. So maybe you just need to chill out.

Nobody said that Bama recruits didn't know Saban in a literal sense.   You know better.   If Saban had a relationship that extended deeper than familiarity, these recruits wouldn't be emotionally venting to the media about Thompson's departure.   Just my opinion...

I don't actually expect you to agree.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2009, 02:47:27 PM »
Scissors, I know you're taking up the Bama cause, but let me be clear.  You do NOT represent all of them.  As far as this point, I'll only point out that if you don't think that Bama fans and media don't, at minimum, infer that Saban is the reason and head of all recruiting effort, then you're not really paying attention.  I think that's fair.  You're certainly welcome to your opinion.

Instant angst doesn't work for you.  However, here we agree.  It IS bullshit, because I never said that either.  Trent Richardson and West were upset because their primary contact was Thompson.  They of course know Saban, and have access, but it was Thompson they KNEW.   

West was actually the one who said, quote "I was shocked. The only thoughts I really had about it was wondering why he left. He was the main coach I talked to. I don't really know the other coaches all that well, but I guess we'll see how it goes."

So, it's not "bullshit" I made up.  It was also just a question.  The articles I've seen make it clear that while it may have been emotionally driven, some of Bama's recruits KNEW, or had a relationship of some sort with Thompson.  One they didn't have with Saban.  However, it's my contention that Saban is given almost ALL the credit in the media and by the majority of the Bama fan base. So maybe you just need to chill out.

Nobody said that Bama recruits didn't know Saban in a literal sense.   You know better.   If Saban had a relationship that extended deeper than familiarity, these recruits wouldn't be emotionally venting to the media about Thompson's departure.   Just my opinion...

I don't actually expect you to agree.
i agree that CNS is credited for alot in recruiting, and i think that comes from the official visits and his in-home visits. i think Lance Thompson was a HUGE asset to Alabama. he was great with getting the kids interested and getting them on campus and setting up in-homes, and CNS would knock them down. no disagreement that CNS probably gets more credit than he should, but you can't totally discount him either. anyway, it seemed in your original post you made it a point to single out or place emphasis on them not knowing CNS by saying:

They're also making it clear that they "don't really know any of the other coaches" including Saban.

for all you know, when he says the "other coaches" he means assistants. one would assume a kid committed to a school would know a head coach well enough to say "hey coach, i will lay the next 4 years of my football career in your hands. i will go through total hell and lay my body on the line to play for you and this team." thats where i think you are reading too much into a simple comment is all. we're talking guys who have had an in-home, guys who have had an official and have eaten breakfast at CNS' house. i understand the relationship isn't nearly as tight, i just think you are overstating.

in any event, as news gets out about Lance Thompson's wife filing for divorce from him, i think that will explain to alot of recruits why he might have left. i could certainly see that playing a role in him leaving, but there is no way to know whether that is the sole reason or not.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 02:50:04 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2009, 03:10:59 PM »
I don't agree at all.  Shock. 

It simply boils down to the simple fact that, regardless of how many breakfasts and four wheeler rides kids might take at the Saban estate, he didn't have a relationship with these kids that kept them from emotionally venting to the media.   What makes it worse, is that both kids in their articles quoted conversations with Saban.  This means that even AFTER those conversations with the flawless one, they STILL vented emotionally to the press.   That's not good. 

The question was posed because I was curious to see what type of spin Alabama fans would use to defend Saban, and as expected, he can do no wrong.   The point has been made.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2009, 03:27:42 PM »
The question was posed because I was curious to see what type of spin Alabama fans would use to defend Saban, and as expected, he can do no wrong.   The point has been made.
what would CNS need defending from? there was nothing that you stated in your original post that would suggest he needed to be defended. i see you have yet again congratulated yourself on winning an argument that was never made anywhere except in your head. good job. you didn't make any sort of accusation in your original post to prompt a defense of CNS. the recruits did not say they were upset at CNS. i think they were upset that CLT left with no notice and that he didn't even bother to call, and obviously upset that he did this and was their primary handler. his individual choice to do this in no way reflects on CNS. when CNS found out he and other coaches contacted those recruits and let them know what was up. but again, they may be more forgiving when they find out about his divorce. that is a big piece of the puzzle everybody was missing.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 03:34:23 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2009, 03:51:43 PM »
Let me re-post two things, and we'll go from there. 

What say you?

I'm not necessarily accusing Nick Saban of anything other than not being perfect.  I simply asked a question in order to see Alabama fan's responses.

The question was posed because I was curious to see what type of spin Alabama fans would use to defend Saban, and as expected, he can do no wrong.   The point has been made.

My contention is, is that Saban hadn't earned two things: 

1. Enough respect from Thompson to warrant a warning and a better handling of the situation.  I believe, as a lot of people do, this was a result of the less than friendly status between Saban and several of his assistant coaches. 

2. Even after talking with Saban, the recruits still were allowed, or still felt compelled to emotionally vent to the press.  Saban's inability to cap this shows some weakness as it pertains to this situation. 

In summary, Saban simply is no where near as perfect as Alabama fans and the media make him out to be.  The defense of Saban in your last post is just another example of the pedestal Bama fans perch their Head Coach on.  CNS didn't do this.  CNS didn't do that.  CNS does, did, and would never do wrong.

In the end, all I said was that my point was made.  I won nothing.  No congratulations are necessary.  I tried ending it there, because even after what's been said, it would be too easy for you to acknowledge "after the fact" Saban's perceived mishandling of this recruiting situation and his assistant coaches departures.

I don't really see what could possibly be confusing at this point.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions