Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Alabama Recruiting Question For Resident Bammers

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Alabama Recruiting Question For Resident Bammers
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2009, 04:29:25 PM »
Let me re-post two things, and we'll go from there. 

I'm not necessarily accusing Nick Saban of anything other than not being perfect.  I simply asked a question in order to see Alabama fan's responses. well no shit. i don't really know anybody who is perfect.

My contention is, is that Saban hadn't earned two things: 

1. Enough respect from Thompson to warrant a warning and a better handling of the situation.  I believe, as a lot of people do, this was a result of the less than friendly status between Saban and several of his assistant coaches. i'm sure CNS is not easy to work for. he demands alot of himself and equally of his assistants. it takes alot of hard work from everybody to make a team good. your point on this matter doesn't make too much sense when Clemson and Kevin Steele went through the proper channels and there was not a problem. the other assistants that have left and the schools they went to went through the proper official channels and there was not a problem. this is the first time in his tenure at Alabama that one of his assistants left in a clandestine matter. and i can halfass understand why he would want it done that way due to his family situation. i can understand why he didn't stay when he was offered more money. he said the decision was made because of family matters, and we find out a very reasonable explanation to that decision. while i could imagine that still his working conditions weren't the best and that probably played a role in it as well, you can't totally discount the divorce thing as a factor either.

2. Even after talking with Saban, the recruits still were allowed, or still felt compelled to emotionally vent to the press.  Saban's inability to cap this shows some weakness as it pertains to this situation. you call him weak for him allowing the kids to speak their minds, but you would call him a total asshole if he told them they were not allowed to discuss it with the media. your perception of a weakness because he is not controlling their thoughts, words, and actions with an iron fist is mind boggling. when the media calls these kids and says "hey, how do you feel about this" i would expect them to tell the truth about how they feel. i guess by telling the kids they should take their visits and enjoy the recruiting process, he is showing weakness as well. 

In summary, Saban simply is no where near as perfect as Alabama fans and the media make him out to be.  The defense of Saban in your last post is just another example of the pedestal Bama fans perch their Head Coach on.  CNS didn't do this.  CNS didn't do that.  CNS does, did, and would never do wrong. and thats because you were making no sense. you said you asked a question to see what defense would be formed for CNS by Alabama fans. i simply gave you scenarios that would normally warrant a defense that did not happen. and by your logic, by telling you that there is nothing that warrants a defense of CNS and by giving you examples of this, i was therefore defending him and proved a theory you never shared to be correct. ooooook.

In the end, all I said was that my point was made.  I won nothing.  No congratulations are necessary.  I tried ending it there, because even after what's been said, it would be too easy for you to acknowledge "after the fact" Saban's perceived mishandling of this recruiting situation and his assistant coaches departures. and its only perceived mishandling because you want it to be. nevermind that CLT's wife filed for divorce the other week. nevermind that he may have actually been trying to leave town and get away from his old life. nevermind that he himself said before the news of his divorce surfaced that family also played a role. lets ignore that he said the following:

"People who are saying my leaving had anything to do with Nick Saban are false," Thompson said. "That's not true. Nick was very supportive of me. He has always been supportive of me. He was disappointed. I appreciate the fact that he thought I was a key part to his success there in terms of my recruiting and coaching."

"I wasn't looking to leave Alabama. I was happy there. We had just won 12 games and went to the Sugar Bowl. We were 15 minutes away from playing for a national championship. I had no reason to leave Alabama."

nevermind all of those very plausable reasons. it doesn't matter what CLT himself says. we're just going to pickup the "CNS is a terrible person" partyline and pin the whole thing on him, because it makes us feel better. its no secret that CNS doesn't have the rosiest personality. its no secret that he demands alot and is difficult to work for. its very much within the realm of possibility that these could have factored into CLT's decision as well. i never denied that. i just don't see how CNS somehow dropped the ball by letting these kids answer questions and tell how they feel. and last i checked, he has no mind control powers ad cannot absolutely control how a 17 year old kid feels. thats not a defense, its called logic. you are making a horrible attempt to spin something into a ridiculous angle and it doesn't even exist.

I don't really see what could possibly be confusing at this point.     
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 04:33:04 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2009, 05:01:20 PM »
Yeah.  This is pretty much a classic.   I think we should leave this just like it is.

Thanks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2009, 12:14:34 PM »
Yeah.  This is pretty much a classic.   I think we should leave this just like it is.

Thanks.

I'm going to need a definition of classic. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2009, 07:02:09 PM »

No. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2009, 07:16:03 PM »

Main Entry: 1clas·sic 
Pronunciation: \ˈkla-sik\
Function: adjective
Etymology: French or Latin; French classique, from Latin classicus of the highest class of Roman citizens, of the first rank, from classis
Date: circa 1604
1 a: serving as a standard of excellence : of recognized value <classic literary works> b: traditional , enduring <classic designs> c: characterized by simple tailored lines in fashion year after year <a classic suit>
2: of or relating to the ancient Greeks and Romans or their culture : classical
3 a: historically memorable <a classic battle> b: noted because of special literary or historical associations <Paris is the classic refuge of expatriates>
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2009, 08:02:14 PM »

Main Entry: 1clas·sic 
Pronunciation: \ˈkla-sik\
Function: adjective
Etymology: French or Latin; French classique, from Latin classicus of the highest class of Roman citizens, of the first rank, from classis
Date: circa 1604
1 a: serving as a standard of excellence : of recognized value <classic literary works> b: traditional , enduring <classic designs> c: characterized by simple tailored lines in fashion year after year <a classic suit>
2: of or relating to the ancient Greeks and Romans or their culture : classical
3 a: historically memorable <a classic battle> b: noted because of special literary or historical associations <Paris is the classic refuge of expatriates>
"BAM!!!!  That just happened!!!"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2009, 10:23:20 PM »
"BAM!!!!  That just happened!!!"
It's the fucking Catalina Wine Mixer! Pow
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.