Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

So...Any News On The Justice League's Recruiting Efforts?

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: So...Any News On The Justice League's Recruiting Efforts?
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2009, 05:46:22 PM »
So now it's a crime to have never seen Young Frankenstein?  Well get out the cuffs. 

I've never watched it.  Didn't much care for Mel Brooks movies to begin with and that freaky guy with the weird eye in the promos just pushed me away. 

I guess now you're going to tell me I've missed something?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2009, 05:59:42 PM »
So now it's a crime to have never seen Young Frankenstein?  Well get out the cuffs. 

I've never watched it.  Didn't much care for Mel Brooks movies to begin with and that freaky guy with the weird eye in the promos just pushed me away. 

I guess now you're going to tell me I've missed something?

No.  You've missed EVERYTHING. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2009, 06:14:59 PM »
What hump?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2009, 06:54:33 PM »
Phillip Lolley went to Gordo, Ala. to take a look at one kid by the name of Izauea Lanier.  As of right now, Kentucky as been his only offer and that came on Monday.  Miss State's Carl Torbush was also at his HS on Monday and is close to offering.  Lolley took some tapes back to Auburn with him and there's a really good chance that Auburn is going to extend an offer to him.  He's listed at 6'1, his HS Coach said that he's more on the 6'2 side and he plays WR, but Auburn, Miss State, Ole Miss and Kentucky are looking at him as a Cornerback.

Izauea Lanier 6'11/2 185lbs 4.5 40 (Zero stars by Rivals....2 Grillz by me)

Gordo (Ala.) wide receiver/defensive back Izauea Lanier isn't a name most recruiting fans are familiar with now, but they will be soon.

Lanier, 6-foot-1, 185 pounds, recently picked up his first SEC offer and two more could be on the way, according to his head coach David McKinney.

Lanier could see his stock rise considerably over the next few weeks.
Lanier hosted coaches from Auburn and Mississippi on in-school visits Monday morning. Kentucky, the SEC school that has offered, will visit Tuesday.

"With the coaches just now getting back on the road, it's fixing to get hot and heavy again," McKinney said. "I've gotten a lot of phone calls, folks calling from everywhere asking about him."

Auburn recruiter Phillip Lolley and Mississippi State defensive coordinator Carl Torbush were the two coaches that made stops at Gordo Monday.

"With State and the coaching changeover, they came and got film. (Torbush) said he was going to go back and get in touch with us," said McKinney. "But I think State's going to offer him."

Auburn, McKinney said, also picked up film and could offer.

"They are going to like him, too. Anybody that looks at him athletically is going to like him," said McKinney. "Auburn knows what kind of player he is. They didn't offer this morning, but in my opinion, I think they are going to offer.

"Once his film gets out and these coaches get back on the road, I think it's going to snowball."

McKinney said he's not surprised by the attention his senior is now receiving. He is however, surprised at what position Lanier's being recruited to play. Lanier has been a standout on both sides of the ball for Gordo, but most had him pegged as a wide receiver.

Not the case, McKinney said.

"Everybody likes him as a corner," the coach said. "He's 6-1, 6-2 and there are 6-1, 6-2-receivers that can run all day long out there. Your corners these days are 5-9, 5-10.

"It really surprised me when they all said corner, but if you really look at it, the receivers are 6-3 or better at any Division I program. They're getting match-ups against 5-9, 5-10 corners. I can see where the coaches are trying to get some height against those receivers."

As a junior, Lanier caught 25 passes for 687 yards (27.5 avg.) and eight touchdowns. He also tallied 38 tackles and five interceptions on defense.

Lanier's senior season he helped lead Gordo to a 9-4 overall record and a trip to the 3A state quarterfinals where the Green Wave lost to eventual-state champion Cordova 48-40.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 06:59:54 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2009, 07:20:16 PM »
Montez Robinson just committed to UGA.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2009, 07:26:51 PM »
Yeah, that sucks...there's still time to sway him back, but I doubt it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2009, 07:30:10 PM »
Yeah, that sucks...there's still time to sway him back, but I doubt it.
i doubt it as well.....

Will the Rivals250 prospect keep his ears open to other schools?

"No, I'm done with the process. Like I said before, I cannot wait to get to Athens."

its like Christmas all over again for UGA, they got Branden Smith the other night....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2009, 09:47:32 PM »
Young Frankenstien is a family favorite.  I have it on DVD!  Great flick!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2009, 09:50:55 PM »
Great I just asked the wife if she has seen it and told her I had not and now she is asking me how I have never seen it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2009, 05:51:22 AM »
Mel Brooks is solid in my book, my dogs has been in hiding since my first day here.  I think the thought of Jumbo's fist have scared them off.
fists of love.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2009, 08:37:19 AM »
Great I just asked the wife if she has seen it and told her I had not and now she is asking me how I have never seen it. 

I like your wife.  Any woman who likes Mel Brooks humor is good in my book.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Tiger Six

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2009, 09:42:16 AM »
She can buy her own alcohol so she is too old for you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2009, 09:44:55 AM »
She can buy her own alcohol so she is too old for you.

I'm down with cougars.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2009, 10:57:33 AM »

It's not everyday that you meet a woman that has, High Anxiety, Blazing Saddles and Spaceballs in their DVD collection.  I have to fess us that she brought that to the marriage, not me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2009, 10:58:35 AM »
I'm down with cougars.

I don't think I will go home and call her that, she turns 30 this month and is already pissy enough about it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2009, 11:05:32 AM »
It's not everyday that you meet a woman that has, High Anxiety, Blazing Saddles and Spaceballs in their DVD collection.  I have to fess us that she brought that to the marriage, not me.
Don't tell me she has Monty Python in that collection too, or I might jizz my pants here at work.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2009, 11:24:03 AM »
I don't think I will go home and call her that, she turns 30 this month and is already pissy enough about it. 
Don't sweat it Sani's idea of a cougar is anything over 18.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2009, 11:54:22 AM »
Don't tell me she has Monty Python in that collection too, or I might jizz my pants here at work.

Ok, I won't tell you that she has that in her DVD collection as well. 

Don't sweat it Sani's idea of a cougar is anything over 18.

I have read enough on here that I should have know that by now.  Are you sure that it's not 16 though?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2009, 12:06:14 PM »
I have read enough on here that I should have know that by now.  Are you sure that it's not 16 though?
Law Changes
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2009, 12:28:20 PM »
Ok, I won't tell you that she has that in her DVD collection as well. 

It varies from state to state.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions