Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Your new OC is the current Texas OC

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
Re: Your new OC is the current Texas OC
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2008, 07:28:05 PM »
It could be all the crack that I've been smokin since Saturday evening, but doesn't Texas run a version of  the spread?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2008, 07:39:51 PM »
It could be all the crack that I've been smokin since Saturday evening, but doesn't Texas run a version of  the spread?

hmmm, I think you may be correct.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

cfltiger

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2008, 09:31:41 PM »
I just googled "Greg Davis Texas" and the first item to click on is a petition to remove him from his position. http://www.petitiononline.com/fireGD/petition.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2008, 10:23:23 AM »
I just googled "Greg Davis Texas" and the first item to click on is a petition to remove him from his position. http://www.petitiononline.com/fireGD/petition.html

Every coach in this digital age has some faction of the fan base that wants him fired.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2008, 10:42:33 AM »
Every coach in this digital age has some faction of the fan base that wants him fired.
Actually, there is a large faction of the TX fan base that wants him fired - even when TX wins, you can hear the goobers on Sports Radio bashing him.  I have already been heckled by two Moo Cows this morning saying "Take him!  Please!!"  So yeah, another reject coach that no one wants... that's just peachy keen. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2008, 10:54:37 AM »
Actually, there is a large faction of the TX fan base that wants him fired - even when TX wins, you can hear the goobers on Sports Radio bashing him.  I have already been heckled by two Moo Cows this morning saying "Take him!  Please!!"  So yeah, another reject coach that no one wants... that's just peachy keen. 

2000-2007 Total Off Ranking of UT: 14, 38, 48, 20, 7, 3, 22, 13

2000-2007 Total Def Ranking of UT: 7, 1, 16, 25, 23, 10, 22, 52

Sounds to me like the Tea Sippers are a bunch of whiny little fucks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2008, 11:13:03 AM »
Sounds to me like the Tea Sippers are a bunch of whiny little fucks.
Absolutely - no doubt, no question - they make me insane.  I am just saying that the national perception will again be that we may be taking another coach that has worn out his welcome at his current gig.  That offense at UT won a national championship - but all the flaws - especially in the back to back losses to A&M - were laid at Davis's feet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2008, 11:24:01 AM »
I'll take him right now.

Greg Davis or Neil Callaway or Patrick Nix?

Welcome to the Plains Mr. Davis.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2008, 11:34:36 AM »
Absolutely - no doubt, no question - they make me insane.  I am just saying that the national perception will again be that we may be taking another coach that has worn out his welcome at his current gig.  That offense at UT won a national championship - but all the flaws - especially in the back to back losses to A&M - were laid at Davis's feet.

I think your perception is tainted by proximity.

All you hear nationally is about Colt Fucking McCoy and the TX offense. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2008, 11:51:33 AM »
Okay, here's the deal in my book.  I'm not going to even make some lame attempt to spin the talent level at Auburn as currently being on a championship plain.  I think CTT let that slip woefully over the last 2-3 years.  However, I stated many times when Franklin was hired that the 07' season could have very well seen us playing for a MNC if we had ANY offense at all instead of the 109th ranked unit.  3 of the 4 losses in 07' were literally last second screw ups to USF, MSU and LSU.  Had Auburn been even 1 TD better a game, the possibilities were endless.  Look who played for and won the brass ring that year.  2 loss LSU.

I just want someone proven to come in and inject some life in this team and our crappy ass offense.  Averaging 20th in the country over 8 years ain't too freakin' shabby.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Tiger Wench

« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2008, 01:15:51 PM »
I think your perception is tainted by proximity.

All you hear nationally is about Colt Fucking McCoy and the TX offense. 
I realize that - but shouldn't the opinion of the local fanbase - the a-holes that eat sleep and breathe this stuff, including the local sports radio hosts - count a bit more than the drive by opinions of those who follow whoever is hot right now?  That negative opinion is probably why Davis was not given the head coach in waiting position after ELEVEN YEARS with Mack Brown - surely that counts for something.  And if he leaves TX for AU, then that situation will probably be mentioned by the media as part of the reason - along with WTH would he want to go to AUBURN??????

At this point, considering what we have (no one) and what the possibilities are (Nix, et. al.) I have no problem with Davis.  I am just giving the opinions I hear from the insiders out here.  Just had another one tell me that they would be glad to give us Davis since we coughed up Muschamp - they still get the better deal...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2008, 01:24:58 PM »
Excellent points on the outsider's tainted view.  Too often, we get our collective thongs in a tight little bunch when anyone outside this State would dare question a decision or any issue with Auburn.  The world sees CTT as one of the great coaches in the game today.  Possibly.  Closer inspection shows a program on the decline, with little talent and little fire and constant turnover and disarray on the staff.

We pass over Turner Gill and it's just the typical, good ole' boy, racist network doing business as usual.  Bone headed hire, for sure.  But let's not discuss the interviews with Gary Patterson, Rodney Garner, possibly Will Muschamp, Pat Nix etc.  It must be racist from the outside looking in. 

I would at least take some notice and try to dig a little deeper into why UT fans dislike a guy who on paper, appears to be a damn good OC. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions