Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Maybe this rumor is true.

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
Maybe this rumor is true.
« on: December 16, 2008, 11:13:41 PM »
Today on the DandB show, they were saying that Chiz has asked Rhoades and Willis to stay on.  Change of heart maybe, or maybe the Cotton comment hit home, I don't know.  I really hope that this is true and those two are still on the staff next year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

Re: Maybe this rumor is true.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 11:24:28 PM »
whether the cotton comments hit home or not he needs to rethink his stance on Willis if not both of them anyway.  With that having been said I hope he fires everybody and makes the players play 4-square instead of practice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 12:17:45 AM »
In a visit with a committment in Mobile today, Willis's departure was a subject in which the recruit (Terrance Coleman and LaVoyd James) Chizik made it pretty clear that new coaches would be in place.  He also mentioned that he was "bringing in NFL coaches".

By ALL accounts, this rumor is false. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 05:48:40 AM »
In a visit with a committment in Mobile today, Willis's departure was a subject in which the recruit (Terrance Coleman and LaVoyd James) Chizik made it pretty clear that new coaches would be in place.  He also mentioned that he was "bringing in NFL coaches".

By ALL accounts, this rumor is false. 
The rumor was from Rivals.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 01:16:50 PM »
The rumor was from Rivals.
if they are bringing in guys from the NFL, why wouldn't they give them a shot at the HC position? you would think an assistant or coordinator in the NFL would probably be qualified enough to beat out Chizik for the HC position. thats why i just don't believe AU will bring in some sort of big-name ultra-successful assistants, because you would think they would have been considered for the HC spot over a guy thats 5-19 the past two seasons.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler